More strategies needed to counter invisibility

• Combat Balance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• More strategies needed to counter invisibility

Invisibility skill is somehow cancerous in this game because the strategies to counter them is limited. Aside from revealing, popping defensive ability is an option from invisibility ambush but there is no effective way to counter/catch opponents with invisibility that had flee away/ keeping a distance from you other than guessing their position.

Currently, the only ways to reveal invisibilities currently are Guardian Armor, stalker hood and equipment with purge abilities.

However, most item mentioned only works when the target is in close range, but there is no effective way to reveal invisibility when enemies is having a distance from you. In this situation, the only way to reveal them is to guess their location by gambling with your E ability. Some of them are even useless because it needs a target to be used but it is impossible to target an invisible target.

Thus, I have some suggestions here:

1. Fiend cowl - 1st use : Turn all invisible target to be visible for you only (not revealing).
      2nd use : Purge all buffs from the selected target. (Other invisible target will remain invisible after you selected a target to purge)

2. Anti-Invisibility - A debuff that will prevent the target from entering invisibility when the debuff is active.

3. More revealing abilities - Add more revealing effect for existing equipment not just only revealing around you, but maybe some ranged ability, AOE abilities and etc. Also, not only just on E skill slot but Q & W skill slot.
    • most invis can be popped by damage
      with exception of assassin jacket

most cases they need to be in combat to stop invis from happening
      DoT is the strongest in doing so

for assassin jacket the Invis nomatter damage taken is suppose to help with him stacking
      if you get hit out of stacking from invis cause of damage
      then the item just becomes unplayable

I propose the same treatment as League of legends where invis on assassin jacket shimmers when damage is taken

as for other invis
      i got to agree that more counters needed would be nice for static / world boss / group fights
      but i would dislike them to affect ganking too much
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • Latty wrote:

@Quagga incoming.
      and what does this have to do with me ? I have a problem with invis cheesing in OW ( gathering treasures and the rest of the content for solo, which is camped out by cheese groups)
      Which that someone can't handle in static or world boss is not my problem.

I want everyone to have time to react and not be stunlocked from first second to death.

edit. The fact that you tag me and don't understand what I'm talking about shows a lot.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().

• Quagga wrote:

and what does this have to do with me ? I have a problem with invis cheesing in OW ( gathering treasures and the rest of the content for solo, which is camped out by cheese groups)
      Quagga Quagaa. I'm not your enemy. Lord knows you got enough of them already in this forum.

You say "invis cheesing" others say invis mechanics. This thread was about more counters potentially for invis. Seems directly related to OW invis ganking.

I think what people want is counterplay against invis ganking, but don't want to add an invis/counter-invis mechanic that will also buff ganking. Seems like a good place to brainstorm.
    • Hoe4Everyone wrote:

Stardust968485 wrote:

Just no. There would be absolutely no counterplay against gankers. Gankers already know what to do against people using invisibility spells. Stop trying to make the game easier and start trying to be better.
      How about static dives / group fight?
      Bring knight helms and have weapons that have mobility and CC like the 1h mace. The only thing that makes bloodletter rats strong in the static dungeons is their knock back helms. If you engage them while your party has the knight helm activated they won't be able to bop you and thus your group can easily burst him down. Also, if he does manage to escape you shouldnt chase him unless there is a clear path, you can afford to tank the mobs, or if he has his invis ready.

In group fights no one in their right mind uses an invis pot unless they're in a 1-shot comp lookin to score some big claps on a hideout or outpost.
    • Quagga wrote:

Latty wrote:

@Quagga incoming.
      and what does this have to do with me ? I have a problem with invis cheesing in OW ( gathering treasures and the rest of the content for solo, which is camped out by cheese groups)Which that someone can't handle in static or world boss is not my problem.

I want everyone to have time to react and not be stunlocked from first second to death.

edit. The fact that you tag me and don't understand what I'm talking about shows a lot.
      Looks like you became famous for advocating nerfing invis cheesing for OW
      that even new people calls you up to ask for your opinion on the matter

when can i get famous like that :thumbsup:
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • Latty wrote:

Quagga wrote:

Quagga Quagaa. I'm not your enemy. Lord knows you got enough of them already in this forum.
      You say "invis cheesing" others say invis mechanics. This thread was about more counters potentially for invis. Seems directly related to OW invis ganking.

I think what people want is counterplay against invis ganking, but don't want to add an invis/counter-invis mechanic that will also buff ganking. Seems like a good place to brainstorm.
      if you want to troll, do it in a way that makes it funny lol

Being passive aggressive to braindead people like you is not a bad thing :P

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().