Arcane Frazzle - Still pretty useless

• Arcane Frazzle - Still pretty useless

I really enjoy the new Arcane revamp but I find that Frazzle is severely lacking still compared to every other skill in the tree. I don't see the point of using that ability over cleanses, empowering beams and lightsaber swings with teleports...

Since you removed Energy Beam entirely why not add some type of energy drain function to Frazzle to at least make it more viable. It's better then it was obviously but it still sucks.

Frazzle:

Deals Magic Damage (as before)
      Decreases Defense

While Frazzled, target's ability costs increased by x %

Other suggestions:

While Frazzled, target's lose X amount of energy every time they auto attack or use an ability

While Frazzled, target's energy drains by X / sec

Final Suggestion:

Keep the ability as is now. However, make it a skill based shot and use the same mechanics as chain missile where it bounces to other targets if they are close. So it would be potential an AOE defense debuff.
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online

The post was edited 6 times, last by Jerek ().

• I made a suggestion in the feedback that is similar to your suggestion. The overall suggestion was to make Arcane Charge apply with all Q abilities and have W abilities "pop" charges for bonus effects.

Frazzle's bonus was that it would bounce to a nearby target if it hit a target with Arcane Charge, prioritizing nearby targets with an Arcane Charge (for maximum bounces)

This had the added bonus of increasing the utility of Magic Shock (and Arcane Protection) which had more potential to spread Arcane Charge (for less DPS). So Frazzle would have increased utility using these abilities over the higher DPS missile with it's limited charge spread.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

It's not that Frazzle is useless, but rather the Sword is too strong that it would be very dumb to use Frazzle instead of it. If they didn't add the Sword W, Frazzle would be a solid option.
      They did nerf the sword skill today by about 30 damage. I honestly like Fikule's suggestion a lot.
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online