Disabled player needs advice with PVP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Disabled player needs advice with PVP

I asked this question to Support but have not gotten an answer back and am kind of stuck as to what to do next in Albion without an answer.

I am physically disabled and have a program called VoiceAttack for Voice Commands in games...the program is capable of Macros. If I create macros will I be banned by Easy Anti-Cheat? Because of my physical limitations, macros would be the only way I would be able to participate in lethal PVP. I started watching AlbionTV and Lewpac last night and they said to ask Support. I know macros might be considered cheating but for disabled people that can't push buttons as fast as others, sometimes macros are necessary to make a game accessible. From everything I've been reading and watching everyone does lethal PVP and Zergs (see, I'm learning the lingo from AlbionTV) and I want to be able to try it, but without macros I will be dead the minute I spawn in.

If I can't use macros, what can I do to be able to be competitive?

Don't be shy to ask questions about my physical abilities in order to help me play the game

Thanks!
    • I'm pretty sure EAC would get you for macros. Your best bet is definitely to just wait for a proper support answer. AFAIK albion doesn't even have a colour blind mode though, so accessibility doesn't seem to be a high priority.

I assume you need the macro for spellcasts, or movement as well? If it's the former I guess I'd recommend you play a weapon that's able to be used in ZvZ without many fiddly skillshots. Something like playing a Blight staff healer (self casting Q and W, and the E is channeled movement, armour is simple too), grovekeeper (E has to be aimed, W is self cast, and the Q isn't super important, armour is also self cast). Although it depends what you can/can't do really.

Either way, good luck
      Arcane shill

Looking for a job with labourers? https://discord.gg/Av8apcsCZP
    • @jad0 I'd rather not do that if I can help it

@Tipx I will wait for an answer and stay in the tutorial area till I get one, that way I can make money while I wait, even though it's meager money, Plus all of my Twitch drops are on this character, so I've come to far to give up now...
      I just need my commands for casts...it's very difficult to do movement via the way these voice commands work, you need x,y coordinates of the screen (by resolution numbers) to be able to move it which is fine for some games but not for this, where you are constantly clicking.
      If you need color blind mode, you should write them and tell them. In my experience people who do not have disabilities, don't think about disabilities until they either become disabled or know someone who is, so disabled gamers need to make themselves seen and heard before things get done.
      I've never really been a healer type of MMO player but I will try it out...can you please link me a build? I'm leveling my skills as much as in can in the
      tutorial area.
    • I do not want to discourage you but just some comments.

I am capable of coding, and I could code a healer bot that even reacts smart from pvp.

But i wont do it as it is against the TOS.

The issue is this - if u go solo pvp the movements and the positioning will have to be done within .1 seconds. If a claymore prestacked E u, no voice command will save you.

What I try to tell you - ZvZ might work - structured skillfull pvp is a different story as voice commands will be by far too late.

Potentially AI code that reacts on behalf of u might work but that is more than help, that's advantage.

The people already find structured pvp with ping above 250 for certain builds unplayable.

A voice command is around 200-500 Ms...and then on top the latency..

Well i would suggest if u want play and they allow macro - go in zvz but not in structured
    • PurpleSweetTart wrote:

@Tipx I will wait for an answer and stay in the tutorial area till I get one, that way I can make money while I wait, even though it's meager money, Plus all of my Twitch drops are on this character, so I've come to far to give up now...
      I just need my commands for casts...it's very difficult to do movement via the way these voice commands work, you need x,y coordinates of the screen (by resolution numbers) to be able to move it which is fine for some games but not for this, where you are constantly clicking.
      If you need color blind mode, you should write them and tell them. In my experience people who do not have disabilities, don't think about disabilities until they either become disabled or know someone who is, so disabled gamers need to make themselves seen and heard before things get done.
      I've never really been a healer type of MMO player but I will try it out...can you please link me a build? I'm leveling my skills as much as in can in the
      tutorial area.
      Not colourblind personally - it's just a topic I see get posted here now and then.

For ZvZ blight build you can go:
      • Blight staff (Q- Rejuvenation, W- Rejuvenating Breeze)
      • Helm - Mercenary hood or Knight helm
      • Chest - Cleric Robe
      • Boots - Scholar sandals
      • Cape - Fort sterling cape or Lymhurst cape
      • Omelettes and resist pots

Bear in mind this is specifically for zerg stuff, not a solo build really, and mediocre for small scale really. But in this case, you self target Qs to apply a healing stack, then self target W to spread stacks to those nearby. E to heal in a radius around you. Doesn't require targeting anyone else running around, or trying to click them from the party menu, or aiming anything.
      Arcane shill

Looking for a job with labourers? https://discord.gg/Av8apcsCZP
    • PurpleSweetTart wrote:

@Tipx Thank you very much for this, I will make a new character ASAP and try it out and let you know how it goes. How do you do self target or does it automatically do it unless you click another target?
      The default on PC is holding Alt then pressing the ability you want to use. You can change your keybindings in the game settings. I personally prefer using Shift instead of Alt
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

I hope you get the response you are looking for.

Surprised no Mod has replied here yet. Evas is usually all over these types of questions. Lets make it easier hehe.... @Evas_Flarelight
      Thanks for the ping @Blenfjorn.

@PurpleSweetTart, welcome to the forum!

I'm basing my reply on Albion Online's Terms and Conditions when it comes to the use of Macros:

Albion Online Terms and Conditions wrote:

13.3 No Manipulation

Users may only play the Game personally. They are not permitted to manipulate the Game or use technical tools that give Users an advantage over other players. In particular Users are forbidden to…
      • modify the gaming experience by using software or mechanisms that may affect the function and the game play unless permitted by the Game Rules,
      • use software playing in place of the player (such as scripts or bots),

With that being said, the support team has the final say on this and I recommend waiting for their reply. Feel free to send me a message if you have more questions.

~Evas_Flarelight