Testserver Patch Notes - Into the Fray Patch 5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solo roam consist of solo 1v1 gank? (double bladed better)
      Solo roam Pure PvE? (reg bow, long bow, 1h crossbow better at PVE)
      Solo roam gathering? (has many choices but most common is blood letter)

blood letter is most versatile weapon in solo but the micro specifics there are slightly better choices
      still i think bloodletter is the best of all worlds and provide solo the best chance of escaping

while other choices has better PvE clear speed or ect cause they trust their Ridding skills so much that they rather have weapon focus on clear speed
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • 'Enigma Blade' and 'Magic Shock' need a buff not a nerf.... if you really want Arcane to be capable of DPS and not just a support engine, then give them the tools for the job. I would agree that Dark Sphere needs to be dealt with, perhaps simply limiting the number of Dark Sphere debuffs active on anyone at one time, much like Spiked Gauntlets 'Gravitational Collapse' was dealt with, but to nerf 'Enigma Blade' seems counter intuitive when you have sought to add a DPS kit to arcane this patch.

'Enigma Blade' only seemed overpowered because of the synergy with 'Dark Sphere', where two Evensong's working in tandem would basically annul all healing allowing a double Blade attack to do massive damage with no way to heal it up, the fault wasn't with 'Enigma Blade' it was the stacking debuff that caused the issue.

Having tried Arcane for the first time this patch it becomes obvious to me that it is still a good support class, but if you want to add a DPS kit to it, then my suggestion would be to INCREASE damage to 'Enigma Blade' slightly, and INCREASE damage to 'Magic Sphere' also, as it is slightly underwhelming even given the minuscule silence.

Deal with the stacking debuff issue of 'Evensong' by all means but don't eliminate the ONLY possible DPS kit that the Arcane tree has in the process simply because the numbers seemed askew due to the stacking debuff issue.

Chain Missile could probably do with a buff as well.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Asheraxia ().

• Asheraxia wrote:

'Enigma Blade' and 'Magic Shock' need a buff not a nerf.... if you really want Arcane to be capable of DPS and not just a support engine, then give them the tools for the job. I would agree that Dark Sphere needs to be dealt with, perhaps simply limiting the number of Dark Sphere debuffs active on anyone at one time, much like Spiked Gauntlets 'Gravitational Collapse' was dealt with, but to nerf 'Enigma Blade' seems counter intuitive when you have sought to add a DPS kit to arcane this patch.

'Enigma Blade' only seemed overpowered because of the synergy with 'Dark Sphere', where two Evensong's working in tandem would basically annul all healing allowing a double Blade attack to do massive damage with no way to heal it up, the fault wasn't with 'Enigma Blade' it was the stacking debuff that caused the issue.

Having tried Arcane for the first time this patch it becomes obvious to me that it is still a good support class, but if you want to add a DPS kit to it, then my suggestion would be to INCREASE damage to 'Enigma Blade' slightly, and INCREASE damage to 'Magic Sphere' also, as it is slightly underwhelming even given the minuscule silence.

Deal with the stacking debuff issue of 'Evensong' by all means but don't eliminate the ONLY possible DPS kit that the Arcane tree has in the process simply because the numbers seemed askew due to the stacking debuff issue.

I agree magic shock could use buff, dont know if enigma blade needs nerf but i wouldnt buff either. Arcane dps is very good in 5v5 or higher content now, chain missile damage allows it to fill role of curse / fire as just general constant pressure very well, while still keeping tons of utility from E abilities.

Evensong i guess they need to figure if they want it to mainly be a zvz weapon or a 5v5 type weapon. If its a 5v5 id keep the 25% debuff per circle but can only be effected by 2 max (maximum 50% debuff) - if zvz, maybe change debuff to 15% per circle but let them stack up to 75% still.
    • Asheraxia wrote:

'Enigma Blade' and 'Magic Shock' need a buff not a nerf.... if you really want Arcane to be capable of DPS and not just a support engine, then give them the tools for the job. I would agree that Dark Sphere needs to be dealt with, perhaps simply limiting the number of Dark Sphere debuffs active on anyone at one time, much like Spiked Gauntlets 'Gravitational Collapse' was dealt with, but to nerf 'Enigma Blade' seems counter intuitive when you have sought to add a DPS kit to arcane this patch.

I remember trying to rationalized SBI nerfing magic shock in this post

to sum it up I said that the witchwork combo could become too strong without adjustment (E - W(Q) - Q - Q(car cape))

pre ITF combo was 161+150+150+150 = 611
      current combo is 161+200+135+135 = 631
      would have been without the nerf 161+200+150+150 = 661

but now it will be
      161+170+135+135 = 601

Now I don't remember ppl complaining about WW dps being op back in the days so the fact that they made it less damaging then before is a bit weird.

For dark sphere, I understand the context of the changes but I don't think reducing IP scaling is what arcane need. Quite the opposite in fact. The reason why so many high spec arcane main like Tormack tend to use unconventional dps oriented build even "back in the days" is because that is usually the only route that offer proper reward for their specs. Only support that has decent scaling is enig.
      Compare 4.1 healer to 8.3 healer or 4.1 brim to 8.3 brim. Day and night. Now compare 4.1 locus to 8.3 locus. Ppl will usually laugh at the latter... and unlike tanks they don't even get more HP... only cd but anyway it's so easy to get sub 30 with AHood + food and that is the only thing that matter in that regard.
    • You complicate this crap too much, arcane is broken in 5 es. And even in small scale. The Q hits 3 people compared to frost and fire, it can deal bonus DMG and it's easier to hit out of them all.

The W was hitting as hard as a greatfire E and also having a blink to it and you combine to what utility arcanes have in their E es and boom, broken weapon. Stop posting stupid crap like this everyone is complaining about arcane it is broken. It outdamages every other mage weapon even with how much utility it has do you think this is right? No. The blade is literally a better frost nova.
    • AleskioSs wrote:

You complicate this crap too much, arcane is broken in 5 es. And even in small scale. The Q hits 3 people compared to frost and fire, it can deal bonus DMG and it's easier to hit out of them all.

The W was hitting as hard as a greatfire E and also having a blink to it and you combine to what utility arcanes have in their E es and boom, broken weapon. Stop posting stupid crap like this everyone is complaining about arcane it is broken. It outdamages every other mage weapon even with how much utility it has do you think this is right? No. The blade is literally a better frost nova.
      Q1 and W1 is strong yes but... I was talking about Q3...
      The only reason I mentioned W1 nerf is because (if you read my linked post) I tough they nerfed Q3 (and by extension W5) because of W1 having such high dmg. But Now it is less clear.
      I should also mention that I come from a zvz background and over there you use Q3 not Q1 (3 target max + not aoe esc = not for zvz).

for dark sphere. If you read what I said, I didn't complained about a change being needed but rather HOW they did it (garbage IP scaling on arcane is a LONG issue).

TLDR:
      I am not talking about Q1 or W1 being balance or not (which seems to be your issue). I was talking about Q3.
    • julopin wrote:

AleskioSs wrote:

You complicate this crap too much, arcane is broken in 5 es. And even in small scale. The Q hits 3 people compared to frost and fire, it can deal bonus DMG and it's easier to hit out of them all.

Q1 and W1 is strong yes but... I was talking about Q3...The only reason I mentioned W1 nerf is because (if you read my linked post) I tough they nerfed Q3 (and by extension W5) because of W1 having such high dmg. But Now it is less clear.
      I should also mention that I come from a zvz background and over there you use Q3 not Q1 (3 target max + not aoe esc = not for zvz).

for dark sphere. If you read what I said, I didn't complained about a change being needed but rather HOW they did it (garbage IP scaling on arcane is a LONG issue).

TLDR:
      I am not talking about Q1 or W1 being balance or not (which seems to be your issue). I was talking about Q3.
      I didn't talk specifically about you but to the others guys who said enigma needed a buff. Like there are some people who have their brain tunnel visioning everything,( probably bloodletter mains). It is broken af, and about the Third Q yes it may seem a change to make it feel better on how it is used.
    • Is Evensong really not being looked at any further than this? I mean it’s like by far the #1 weapon in the game right now for Crystal Arenas and Crystal league content - it can be so useful on any team that many actually run double Evensong and it is extremely annoying to race against since it provides SO much healing reduction, slow, and damage reduction, much of which is stacking!

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great weapon but it’s just too much for one weapon, I think it should get looked at a little further for sure. And that’s coming from someone who enjoys playing it as well.
      --- Arena Healer Main! Owner of the Albion Arenas Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/hFsmwCcEvv ---
    • Give frostbite 5 sec buff increase and that will be fine, the ability feels lacking, even with the projectile hitbox increased it feels harder to hit that the fire third Q. Probably because of it being slower. It has 0.3 less cooldown and does a bit more DMG that fire third Q yes but I think it still has lower DPS even with 3 stacks of DMG increase. I mean of course that helps the W and the E dmg, it seems like frost is big burst boy even burstier than fire. But still I find fire way more consistent and easy to use. Make the duration of the buff last 5 seconds and maybe frost will compete right now there seems to be no reason to use frost at all. Great frost is just a worst version than great fire but I guess it brings more instant burst. Frost bomb is more like a zoning tool very inconsistent to hit and truly the other DPS option Is frostlance which also is missed a lot and doesn't feel strong at all. Like the DMG of this weapon tree is kinda low if you don't want frost to be able to deal good DMG and you focus more on something a bit bursty with control, give it at least an easier time being played. Frost bomb should denotate faster and make the buff from the Q last a bit longer and it will be fine.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AleskioSs ().