Testserver Patch Notes - Into the Fray Patch 5

• Tabor wrote:

VicnorV2 wrote:

Single target cursed Q buff pls
      Agreed. Curse has been shit since the vile Q and hit and run passive nerf. The vile nerf in particular was completely unwarranted and should be reverted. If anything vile needed a range buff not a random hit delay on an already slow damage ramp.
      Exactly. Even this change in the way the staffs attack took a toll on the Cursed Staffs. Not to mention that Vile Curse's Standtime increased and they didn't say anything in the Patch Notes. The movement passive was heavily nerfed, even more so in a Patch where kite prevails. I believe the right thing was to reverse the nerf in the passive and also the Vile Curse [Q] to go back to 11 meters.
      toss a coin to your cursed ~
    • I don't think the frostbite deserves such huge nerfs it was already harder to use than its similar counterpart of fire and when you think of a Q you should think of the entire playstyle of the weapon.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All mage staffs should be able to deal kinda consistent and good DMG that is for sure, talking about the 4 main ones,(Curse, fire, frost, arcane) they should all be somehow viable in all content and in the DPS compartment. In their own unique way.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Now, even if all of them do DMG they all should feel different on how they do it right?
      • Curse - High DPS combined with low Burst that has decent control/debuffs and that excels in long term fights putting pressure specially on aoe.
      • Fire - High Burst combined with good DPS, used for constant pressure that does a lot of high DMG aoe,(it also has mediocre utilities like knockbacks and a fear)
      • Arcane - Consistent mage weapon that is focused on utilities,debuffs,cc es, control, buffs but it also lacks reliable source of high burst or high DPS, still does decently within those compartments. Good for mediocre aoe
      • Frost - Good Burst combined with Good DPS, with very high control,(slows, roots, stuns, debuffs
      It is very balanced but lacks consistency for the lack of DoTs. Good on aoe
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Now we mainly focus on frost staffs here. My personal opinion judging by my general ideas that I posted above are that Frost should be changed a bit even further together with arcane.
      - The Q should be closer range but it should match the playstyle that it imposes,(it should do good DMG do, but not the highest overall) what if you also add another effect to it?

• Frostbite ---> a projectile that deals 110 DMG to the first target hit, ( 1.2 sec cooldown, 0.3 cast time) the target hitted will also have it's DMG dealt reduced by 2,5% for 5 seconds and you're DMG gets increased by 2,5% for the next 5 seconds. Both of these effects stack up to 3 times.
      • Frozensurge ---> a frozen path that deals 95 DMG and slows enemies hit by 15%,(3.5 sec cooldown, 0.1 cast time) additionally the path of frost will last there for 2.5 seconds and further slows the enemies by 10%.
      • New ability replacing The obelisk --->Piercing Snowflakes. 5 pircing snowflakes cover a target enemy or ally.The deadly snowflakes fly around the targeted player,( 3m distance from the targeted player and spin around him for 6 seconds) if an enemy is hit they explode in a 3m radius from the impact zone dealing 55 DMG and crippling them for 1 second.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AleskioSs ().

• Where is the nerf for static dungeon rat?Look for guilds with rat and flex in between others, where players this season alone have farmed more than 1b pvp fame and pve fame, not to mention the silver.These players have access to t8 side hideouts and cultivate solo/duo million per day. This isn't right, as they don't even try to fight, they just hang around waiting for an opportunity to execute and run away, sometimes just to kick a group out of the dungeons.There is no justice, there is no balance and SBI is neglecting that!!!!!!
    • JudgeNutmeg wrote:

Combat Balance Changes
      Fire Staffs
      • Flame Pillar (Great Fire Staff)
        • Damage: 218 -> 200

Just why?

Finally it was made into a ranged staff with some utility... but sadly no knock-up, or stun, or slow effect was added, which had been mooted for quite some time. That was ok though because the much needed increase in damage was given... which you are now taking away again!? ... why? just..... why?

It's not like it is dominating melee, or that we have the range to compete with other range or kiting builds... so why?

ALSO...

PLEASE for the love of all things Pyro add a high percentage, low duration slow ON HIT to Burning field. If you are going to take away Great fires only redeeming feature, at least give fire parity with every other range class and give us a slow to Burning Field.

(50%- .5 sec ON HIT slow to Burning Field)

Take with one hand, but give with the other... Thank you!

<3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Asheraxia ().

• Oh and btw, I really have to appreciate the great work you guys did to mage staffs but I can't stay quiet about this one.

Cursed skull/shadowcaller are pve weapons, they truly don't excel in anything in particular, shadowcaller is only good as a pve debuff and cursed skull only sees a bit of play on corrupted and that not because it's E is amazing but it can proc Merc jacket very fast. Please do something about this if you will. Lifecurse is.. decent as a support option but nothing else as well.

I know you guys want different meta's from time to time but in the future some of these weapons that you went through are gonna become bad again. If you are already at the magic staffs try to give at least to the E es good abilities, some are really really underperforming. Wildfire hits you and take half of your hp with the 12% max health DMG E passive while skull you need to wait 5 seconds inside a thing that you can dodge easily. Think about it please
    • Tabor wrote:

VicnorV2 wrote:

Agreed. Curse has been shit since the vile Q and hit and run passive nerf. The vile nerf in particular was completely unwarranted and should be reverted. If anything vile needed a range buff not a random hit delay on an already slow damage ramp.
      Sorry but I have a hard time agreeing that a class that spams Q and spacebar should be strong.

I asked them to rework grudge to make it more of a skillshot and they responded by nerfing it and then omegabuffing it back to normal.
    • Painball wrote:

Tabor wrote:

VicnorV2 wrote:

Sorry but I have a hard time agreeing that a class that spams Q and spacebar should be strong.
      I asked them to rework grudge to make it more of a skillshot and they responded by nerfing it and then omegabuffing it back to normal.
      I would gladly take grudge being nerfed to the ground in exchange for having a useful Q ability. All curse Qs are now terrible for PvP.
    • Tabor wrote:

Painball wrote:

Tabor wrote:

VicnorV2 wrote:

Sorry but I have a hard time agreeing that a class that spams Q and spacebar should be strong.I asked them to rework grudge to make it more of a skillshot and they responded by nerfing it and then omegabuffing it back to normal.
      I would gladly take grudge being nerfed to the ground in exchange for having a useful Q ability. All curse Qs are now terrible for PvP.
      Vile Curse's standtime was horrible. A simple skill that got a nerf and they didn't even put it in the Patch Notes.

Frosts deal off-screen damage, an ability that has 15m range plus 5m radius. We're talking about 600 damage dealt from 20 meters away. Ridiculous.

Worst of all is that the balancing takes 1 month to happen. Meanwhile, it's awful to play against these unbalanced weapons.

Please return Vile Curse to 11 meters.
      toss a coin to your cursed ~
    • Danilskinem wrote:

Tabor wrote:

VicnorV2 wrote:

Buff de Q amaldiçoado de alvo único pls
      Concordou. Curse tem sido uma merda desde o vil Q e hit and run nerf passivo. O nerf vil em particular foi completamente injustificado e deve ser revertido. Se alguma coisa vil precisava de um buff de alcance, não um atraso aleatório de acerto em uma rampa de dano já lenta.
      Exatamente. Mesmo essa mudança na maneira como o ataque dos cajados afetou os Cajados Amaldiçoados. Sem falar que o Standtime do Vile Curse aumentou e eles não falaram nada nas Notas do Patch. A passiva de movimento foi fortemente nerfada, ainda mais em um Patch onde a pipa prevalece. Acredito que o correto foi reverter o nerf na passiva e também o Vile Curse [Q] para voltar aos 11 metros.

vovoh wrote:

não adianta o que você está falando amaldiçoado é a classe mais forte do jogo atualmente, ninguém troca com essa classe, precisa de nerf #nerfcursed
      #nerfcursed plis
    • Here goes my 2 cents about current state of cursed/fire based on 2v2.

I feel like fire is too strong, even if I use my defensives a lot of times is not enough to survive but I dont feel frustated, its not like I had nothing to do agaisnt them, they can run out of mana easily and if we manage to play around the first/second burst somehow (using the pillars in some maps, quite, dont get hit by his E) we have good chances.

Now since seems like theres a lot of people talking about cursed, thats a weapon tree I despise the most, its so frustating to play agaisnt it at 2v2, it seems like doesnt matter what we do they are always two steps ahead of us, they can miss the E but the dmg is always there because dots are up all the time, its not high damage but constant and even if we try to run the dots keep ticking and even with little mobility they can always be at range. If we don't play purge its even worse at the point of dropping the keyboard and surrender, grudge deals a lot of dmg if u sum it with the dots, and, unlike fire they don't run out of mana very often and can't miss the skills because dots and grudge are target, 1h cursed is also target and the demonic staff are instant cast, impossible to dodge or use defensives if you are melee because he will always be standing at your side. Before the boots rework, when we got the dodge in every boots, the 1h cursed was a complete nightmare, now its even quite fun to play agaisnt it because we need to pay attention and dodge hes E, (like we have something to do agaisnt them you know?)
      Right now seems like theres so much stuff to work around all at once when playing agaisnt fire or cused. Don't get me wrong, fire is harder but when we win agaisnt fire it feels like a real win, more rewarding, unlike cursed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ySLiink ().

• ySLiink wrote:

Now since seems like theres a lot of people talking about cursed, thats a weapon tree I despise the most, its so frustating to play agaisnt it at 2v2, it seems like doesnt matter what we do they are always two steps ahead of us, they can miss the E but the dmg is always there because dots are up all the time, its not high damage but constant and even if we try to run the dots keep ticking and even with little mobility they can always be at range. If we don't play purge its even worse at the point of dropping the keyboard and surrender, grudge deals a lot of dmg if u sum it with the dots, and, unlike fire they don't run out of mana very often and can't miss the skills because dots and grudge are target, 1h cursed is also target and the demonic staff are instant cast, impossible to dodge or use defensives if you are melee because he will always be standing at your side. Before the boots rework, when we got the dodge in every boots, the 1h cursed was a complete nightmare, now its even quite fun to play agaisnt it because we need to pay attention and dodge hes E, (like we have something to do agaisnt them you know?)
      Right now seems like theres so much stuff to work around all at once when playing agaisnt fire or cused. Don't get me wrong, fire is harder but when we win agaisnt fire it feels like a real win, more rewarding, unlike cursed.
      There's only 1 DoT cleanse in the game and they haven't added another one since forever. People were talking about it long ago.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Fabrizziou wrote:

vovoh wrote:

no one trades with this class
      tell 3 content where Cursed is op OUTSIDE THE CANCER CDG CONTENT
      Not OP but viable and sometimes is a must in certain content

Damnation: staff in ZvZ
      Lifecurse: HG 5v5 and 10v10 brawler comps (used to be top tier viable)
      G curse: crystal league to deny people from capping for 8 sec + (still used but meta have been shifting alot lately)

also talking about cursed not OP outside of CD what about bows and Crossbows
      mage staff have been all the rage now but now ZvZ is melee meta
      so no bows and crossbows in zergs as much

and in small scale and mid scale people also prefer melee better or the new shiny mage weapons
      compared to bow and crossbow

where would you see bow and crossbow as meta or used commonly in areas outside CD
      Bow line was used to be the best single target dps in crystals
      crossbow lost their crown as PvE king
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build