DPS Arcane Staves are terrible for PvP

• Combat Balance
    • ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

Stardust968485 wrote:

Aight i accept that my opinion about it being shit for pvp is completely completely wrong. Still wish that the dash came before the blade tho.
      Your an idiot with a quick tongue like most here it's ok.
      It's because you don't know the game.

Arcane is topping damage in 5's noob.
      G.G.
      Dont be too hard on the guy

not every build have to have Bow's level of mobility and E range
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • Fikule wrote:

See, I came on here to ask what Magic Shock is for now.

It's an insignificant amount more damage than the new Q, and a chunk less if you hit them after (and when won't you?)
      It has double the cooldown, so less than half the DPS at this point, maybe 1/3rd
      It is a 13yd range vs 17yd
      Both are skill shots and hit multiple targets
      The new Q costs 4 more energy (this is the only downside I've seen?)
      Mimic's Magic Shock has to compete with the ridiculous damage and mobility of the new W

The only benefit Magic Shock seems to have is the 1.5 second silence, or ~0.75 vs players, e.g. an interrupt.
      So, is it meant to be a mild interrupt at the cost of 2/3rds of your Q DPS? Because my Arcane E could do that with a longer silence and a purge.

It feels like we've gone from Magic Shock-only to the new Q and W-only. It'd be nice to have a compelling build for Magic Shock.
      For instance, it could also apply the Charge, same as the new Q, but it could have a bonus effect if it is the ability that consumes the charge. This would give it more burst damage than the new Q, but less DPS, and also give you a reason to take the W Magic Shock for the double-cast to pop the charge for the bonus effect
      Magic shock is a high AOE burst damage skill in PVP or quick interrupt skill in PVE. It was often uesd in witchwork bomb square build.
    • DummyRobert wrote:

Magic shock is a high AOE burst damage skill in PVP or quick interrupt skill in PVE. It was often uesd in witchwork bomb square build.
      Except the new Q is also a high aoe burst damage in PvP. It's even better as an AoE as the enemy can be more spaced. It can deal more per cast with the W follow up, or just more dps on its own just by spamming it.
    • Fikule wrote:

DummyRobert wrote:

Except the new Q is also a high aoe burst damage in PvP. It's even better as an AoE as the enemy can be more spaced. It can deal more per cast with the W follow up, or just more dps on its own just by spamming it.
      Q1 is not affected by aoe escalation I think. It is a good damage skill in small fights better than Q3. But if you want to make the highest burst AOE damage, using Q3 with the Caerleon cape would be better.
      In most cases, a dps build with arcane staff is ok with q1. With the fights becoming bigger, magic shock will be better.