DPS Arcane Staves are terrible for PvP

• Combat Balance
    • DPS Arcane Staves are terrible for PvP

Enigma Blade is just pathetically weak against bows and kiting builds because you need to hit them first with the extremely shot ability, also you can't do any flashy outplays like I-framing a claymore E because you not only have to cast the W twice to pull it off, your opponent also has to be right next to you in order for your first W to hit him, but if he's that close then there is no goddamn way you'll be able to cast two W spells in time.

Lingering Power is just dumb. Literally any melee DPS would outtrade you. Arcane Stave's (and all magic staves) have deal laughably weak autoattack damage so the autoattack speed buff is just useless. To autoattack you also have to stay still so if you were fighting against a melee, you'd literally just be throwing pingpong balls at him while he walks up to you holding a baseball bat. Make it so that Lingering Power buffs autoattack damage and/or make it so that it autoattacking doesn't have a standtime.

The E spells of Arcane staves either don't do any damage whatsoever or the damage is so low that it's negligible. The Witchwork staff has the strongest E dps wise out of all the Arcane staves but the E is literally just as strong as one chain missile. You can't say "They have utility so they don't need to deal damage" because the Fists Of Avalon has a knock-up and a purge, the Daybreaker has a purge, the Kingmaker has a Knock-up, the Carrion Caller applies a bleed and it reduces healing recieved by 30%, and the Realmbreaker reduces max and current health by 20% as well as knocking up enemies.

I guess you can atleast do solo dungeons with Arcane staves now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stardust968485 ().

• Fun fact:
      Bows have same with autos dps at 111 Dps 86 per hit @1500IP
      arcane has 111Dps 82per hit

you have a Q that does 540 + 270 second hit cooldown 3 sec range 7 sec with cast time of 0.2 (near instant)
      and the passive gives max attack speed possible for 3 attacks
      and its possible to always have attack speed

compared to
      bow deadly shot 360 damage, 3 sec cooldown
      reg bow attack speed steroid of 70% at max stacks

dont get why you complain about arcane when the dps is there
      just most of the power is around the Q and W and not the E
      E is just utility
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build

• arcane no dps?
      ask equart it has reasonable dps from my pov

enigma blade deals 850 damage at 1500IP
      compared to frost 350 and bow 200 dps
      granted they have more mobility but the damage is cut by more than half

also Kite builds are suppose to You know Kite?
      you expect every build to have insane dps while having the mobility and range to deal with bow?

#RiskVSRewardCult

The post was edited 2 times, last by The_Support_God ().

• Arcane is not bad at all for solo pvp..

If u are or was diamond ad carry in lol, it plays very very similar..

But frost ist much easier for clumsy unskilled hands..

U shoot q on distance, u w out of shit and u E for big hit and cc..

That's frost..

The i shoot u from far away vs the i shoot u from more far away is at the next level with frost...

And cultist robe will go more and more up... because if it is long range missile fights, healing offscreen is the future..

If u want to fully exploit the game go 5 hg and play 4 x great frost..that's an AOE burst of 4800 right away..

Design and skill dept is cool...get close...while q W ...then count 3 ..2..1.. and unload Great frost at one target..

Works well
    • wish dps arcane was a bit better for group pvp, it is a support weapon after all, we're missing out on a lof of cool playstyles there
      rn it really only shines in corrupteds

when they go about nerfing Q1 just reduce flat damage and increase max chain targets to 5 or so
      ~ Kanra
    • Kanra.zip wrote:

wish dps arcane was a bit better for group pvp, it is a support weapon after all, we're missing out on a lof of cool playstyles there
      rn it really only shines in corrupteds

when they go about nerfing Q1 just reduce flat damage and increase max chain targets to 5 or so
      actually it is balanced to sword spear gloves and frost with new patch...

And incredible fun to play - why destroy it?
    • agreed arcane is quite good with Q W damage focus and E utility

another reason why i cant play reg bow ;(

surprisingly 1h arcane does very well in 1v1 against the likes of spear and sword cause of purge and mages cause of silence
      against kite builds however its abit lacking but that is to be expected

#RiskVSRewardCult

• The_Support_God wrote:

agreed arcane is quite good with Q W damage focus and E utility

another reason why i cant play reg bow ;(

surprisingly 1h arcane does very well in 1v1 against the likes of spear and sword cause of purge and mages cause of silence
      against kite builds however its abit lacking but that is to be expected
      haha I had yesterday a reg bow enemy while I was on 1h normal arcane & mage robe..

Perm purge - this guy was a bit unhappy with life afterwards

Vs kite and arcane - look on occult / mage chowl / Merc jacket.

It's quite hard to kite from that while u have full arcane power
    • Stardust968485 wrote:

Aight i accept that my opinion about it being shit for pvp is completely completely wrong. Still wish that the dash came before the blade tho.
      if dash came before blade then the damage values or mana needs to be reworked to keep balance
      cause of mobility power and high damage of blade

blade deals 800 damage at 1500IP
      and deals average damage but since its tied to mobiltiy spell its stronger

the current set up is use blade if enemy gets too close and blink away
      hence keeping distance

not use blade then chase someone

#RiskVSRewardCult

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

Stardust968485 wrote:

Aight i accept that my opinion about it being shit for pvp is completely completely wrong. Still wish that the dash came before the blade tho.
      if dash came before blade then the damage values or mana needs to be reworked to keep balancecause of mobility power and high damage of blade

hence keeping distance

not true - blade is a good chase skill at least in CD

Blade a chest or a critter then dash behind

On the other hand WitchW av winrate according to murderer page is below 50%..
    • Stardust968485 wrote:

Enigma Blade is just pathetically weak against bows and kiting builds because you need to hit them first with the extremely shot ability, also you can't do any flashy outplays like I-framing a claymore E because you not only have to cast the W twice to pull it off, your opponent also has to be right next to you in order for your first W to hit him, but if he's that close then there is no goddamn way you'll be able to cast two W spells in time.

Lingering Power is just dumb. Literally any melee DPS would outtrade you. Arcane Stave's (and all magic staves) have deal laughably weak autoattack damage so the autoattack speed buff is just useless. To autoattack you also have to stay still so if you were fighting against a melee, you'd literally just be throwing pingpong balls at him while he walks up to you holding a baseball bat. Make it so that Lingering Power buffs autoattack damage and/or make it so that it autoattacking doesn't have a standtime.

The E spells of Arcane staves either don't do any damage whatsoever or the damage is so low that it's negligible. The Witchwork staff has the strongest E dps wise out of all the Arcane staves but the E is literally just as strong as one chain missile. You can't say "They have utility so they don't need to deal damage" because the Fists Of Avalon has a knock-up and a purge, the Daybreaker has a purge, the Kingmaker has a Knock-up, the Carrion Caller applies a bleed and it reduces healing recieved by 30%, and the Realmbreaker reduces max and current health by 20% as well as knocking up enemies.

I guess you can atleast do solo dungeons with Arcane staves now.
      Hilarious, they put this new cancer build in the game and here you are crying that you can't bang out bows with it. Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Get a grip on reality.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

Stardust968485 wrote:

if dash came before blade then the damage values or mana needs to be reworked to keep balancecause of mobility power and high damage of blade

hence keeping distance

not true - blade is a good chase skill at least in CD
      Blade a chest or a critter then dash behind

On the other hand WitchW av winrate according to murderer page is below 50%..
      if you blade a chest then you sacrifice like all your damage for a short blink.
      this is compared to bow and frost mobility skill which deals less than half damage but can do the damage and mobility at the same time

i got to comment that the blade AoE is quite large though and the damage is on par with most aoe damage skills of other weapons
      the only reason why i think arcane is balance is because with little to no damage on E the Q and W spell makes up for it

and there is no healing bs like holy or nature so having damage values on Q and W be higher then norm for the lack of E damage is what i considerd balanced

#RiskVSRewardCult

• See, I came on here to ask what Magic Shock is for now.

It's an insignificant amount more damage than the new Q, and a chunk less if you hit them after (and when won't you?)
      It has double the cooldown, so less than half the DPS at this point, maybe 1/3rd
      It is a 13yd range vs 17yd
      Both are skill shots and hit multiple targets
      The new Q costs 4 more energy (this is the only downside I've seen?)
      Mimic's Magic Shock has to compete with the ridiculous damage and mobility of the new W

The only benefit Magic Shock seems to have is the 1.5 second silence, or ~0.75 vs players, e.g. an interrupt.
      So, is it meant to be a mild interrupt at the cost of 2/3rds of your Q DPS? Because my Arcane E could do that with a longer silence and a purge.

It feels like we've gone from Magic Shock-only to the new Q and W-only. It'd be nice to have a compelling build for Magic Shock.
      For instance, it could also apply the Charge, same as the new Q, but it could have a bonus effect if it is the ability that consumes the charge. This would give it more burst damage than the new Q, but less DPS, and also give you a reason to take the W Magic Shock for the double-cast to pop the charge for the bonus effect