what in the matchmaker

• what in the matchmaker

im trying to understand how this match was made with any kind of sensible matchmaker. Im pretty sure basically everyone was solo que, but even if not, in what world does it make sense putting a gold and 4 silver-2 ranks opposite a single silver-2, two silver-1 and two bronze-2? This match should never have happened, I think matchmaker needs recalibration.
    • I agree, they could have easily swapped players between the two teams to even out the ranks if they are all solo-queue in both teams. But I think they are compensating for your team's lower rank pre-made party by matching you with higher rank solo-queue players. In the second image, there are two guys from the same guild, so likely in a party?
    • Since we don't know the implementation details of matchmaking we can only speculate, but it's necessary to have teams fight that don't have exactly the same rank. The above two matches seem fine. if all your players were bronze 1 in the first match, then that's a problem. Since we don't know how SBI is weighting everything it's hard to say what's imbalance and what's balanced.

Also in a ranking system you have to have opponents face stronger opponents, so every x number of matches you should get games like this. Again we should be asking SBI how they implemented the ranking system, then we can discuss what needs to be changed/improved/adjusted.
    • Latty wrote:

Since we don't know the implementation details of matchmaking we can only speculate, but it's necessary to have teams fight that don't have exactly the same rank. The above two matches seem fine. if all your players were bronze 1 in the first match, then that's a problem. Since we don't know how SBI is weighting everything it's hard to say what's imbalance and what's balanced.

Also in a ranking system you have to have opponents face stronger opponents, so every x number of matches you should get games like this. Again we should be asking SBI how they implemented the ranking system, then we can discuss what needs to be changed/improved/adjusted.
      assuming neither match was against a 5 man, which i dont think was, either match would have been more competitive by taking 2 of the higher rank players and moving them to opposite team. No reason they should all end up on one side if the matchmaker is matching based on rank. If its not matching based on rank... why not? lol
    • ok this REALLY should never happen. I literally get into a match against the same 3 man within 30s of queing. They should have sat in que at least 5 mins for a decent match to be found, the matchmaker is just spitting out matches ASAP with no regard for making decent games. not cool yo.
      Images
      • ffs.jpg

514.22 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 13 times