Rework Mage Cowl and Cowl Of Purity

• Rework Mage Cowl and Cowl Of Purity

Mage cowl is just moronic, it's pretty much just the old guardian helm but its just damage instead of healing. You literally just use your cowl then hit you enemy with an autoattack within the next 15 seconds and the job is done. You just chunk away two bars of hp without even doing anything. Atleast with the cultist cowl they have to actually use spells or autoattack you in order for the cowl to deal damage. No amount of nerfs will fix this problem because the skill itself is just dumb so just give it a complete rework.

Cowl Of Purity should also be rework because it's just useless.
    • as I suggested in another thread:
      Poison (Mage cowl)
      • Reworked the ability
        • Gives 3 charges of poison, each consumed on basic attack, applies a DoT effect on the target (stacks up to 3 times)
        • Damage per tick: 39.93 -> 9
        • DoT duration: 5s
        • Charge duration: 15s
      Damage if you use 3 within 1s of eachother: 199.7 -> 162 (min damage)
      Damage if you wait 4s between each re-application: 199.7 -> 243 (max damage)

benefits spacing time between applications, reduces hit-and-run value, allows for more counterplay dropping DoTs and purging the charges

also I love playing cowl of purity, so a few touch up buffs:
      Avalonian Beam (Cowl of Purity)
      • Cooldown: 30s -> 20s
      • Damage: 160 -> 110
      • Hitdelay: ? -> 0s
      dps: 5.33 -> 5.5
      great long range interrupt tool, more playmaking potential with the lower cooldown
      maybe give it a slightly more generous hitbox as well
      ~ Kanra
    • Kanra.zip wrote:

as I suggested in another thread:
      Poison (Mage cowl)
      • Reworked the ability
        • Gives 3 charges of poison, each consumed on basic attack, applies a DoT effect on the target (stacks up to 3 times)
        • Damage per tick: 39.93 -> 9
        • DoT duration: 5s
        • Charge duration: 15s
      Damage if you use 3 within 1s of eachother: 199.7 -> 162 (min damage)
      Damage if you wait 4s between each re-application: 199.7 -> 243 (max damage)
      benefits spacing time between applications, reduces hit-and-run value, allows for more counterplay dropping DoTs and purging the charges

also I love playing cowl of purity, so a few touch up buffs:
      Avalonian Beam (Cowl of Purity)
      • Cooldown: 30s -> 20s
      • Damage: 160 -> 110
      • Hitdelay: ? -> 0s
      dps: 5.33 -> 5.5
      great long range interrupt tool, more playmaking potential with the lower cooldown
      maybe give it a slightly more generous hitbox as well
      problem with mage cowl under this proposed rework is it would be a pain in the butt for casters to keep up versus any other class.

Tbh, not sure why any flat damage is added like that in that form. Lacks creativity, and everyone just uses it before they attack. No strategy.

• Makes more sense to have mage cowl put a 5 second purgeable debuff that reduces healing by a large percentage (30-50%, and an immunity to the debuff again for 15 seconds). Less burst, demands more strategy between dps, and also helps with the invincible healer issues. Win win win. Not to mention great counter play vs hellion jackets / buffs for self heal.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BurnsidePDX ().

• Mage cowl is the most basic dmg enhancing headpiece and it should stay that way. Making it clunky and wierd to use will only hurt new players for no reason.

Stardust968485 wrote:

No amount of nerfs will fix this problem because the skill itself is just dumb so just give it a complete rework.
      This is wrong and many items that got nerfed ar there to prove it.

Nerf the dmg if it is too much but don't make it clunky and unusable for inexperienced players. This is also not an ideal solution because the the hunter hood and other defensive helms will be comming back and people will complain about those.

You should start to realise that cd meta is not going to be interesting more than 5 days after a new patch. It is linear and gets boring and stale fast.
    • ziigii wrote:

Mage cowl is the most basic dmg enhancing headpiece
      It deals the most damage out of all the headpieces in the game despite it being the most basic one.

ziigii wrote:

it should stay that way. Making it clunky and wierd to use will only hurt new players for no reason.
      I don't want it to be clunky or weird to use. I want to have ANY depth whatsoever. A good game is something that requires skill and practice to learn. If they cannot learn to use other than a headpiece that is so basic that even a chimp can use it then they don't deserve the play the game.

ziigii wrote:

the hunter hood and other defensive helms will be comming back and people will complain about those.
      They're shit compared to the mage cowl so they're not being used. No one here is complaining about the hunter hood or any of the defense helms right now because they're not a problem and they won't be a problem unless they get overly buffed.

ziigii wrote:

You should start to realise that cd meta is not going to be interesting more than 5 days after a new patch. It is linear and gets boring and stale fast.
      CD meta will never be interesting but it would be a nice breath of fresh air to see any bow users who aren't using mage cowls. Also, the mage cowl is the most used headpiece for solo PvPers in the open world.
    • Stardust968485 wrote:

I don't want it to be clunky or weird to use. I want to have ANY depth whatsoever. A good game is something that requires skill and practice to learn. If they cannot learn to use other than a headpiece that is so basic that even a chimp can use it then they don't deserve the play the game.
      It has depth. The depth of simple items is making a build and chosing the right item for the build. Mage cowl sucks as soon as you have 3+ people in a party anyway.

Stardust968485 wrote:

They're shit compared to the mage cowl so they're not being used. No one here is complaining about the hunter hood or any of the defense helms right now because they're not a problem and they won't be a problem unless they get overly buffed.
      And this is your fallacy. Mage cowl never got buffed. Hunter hood and guardian helm got nerfed. Mage cowl is no better than it was two years ago but other options are crap. You can nerf the mage cowl but then you will be seeing hunter hood on every person in cd and complain about that. When that gets nerfed we are of to the next one. It never stops.

Stardust968485 wrote:

CD meta will never be interesting but it would be a nice breath of fresh air to see any bow users who aren't using mage cowls.
      Breath of fresh air that will be felt for 5 days. And then back to complaining.
    • ziigii wrote:

Stardust968485 wrote:

And this is your fallacy. Mage cowl never got buffed. Hunter hood and guardian helm got nerfed. Mage cowl is no better than it was two years ago but other options are crap. You can nerf the mage cowl but then you will be seeing hunter hood on every person in cd and complain about that. When that gets nerfed we are of to the next one. It never stops.
      What kind of braindead analogy is that? It never got buffed so it should never get nerfed? As I've mentioned before I'm not asking for a goddamn nerf I'm asking for a fucking rework

In CDs, only people who use Mage Cowl are kiters. You can go check the Slayer Leaderboards yourself and you will not see a single fucking hunter hood in the top 20 (not even the fucking melees play it)

1. Konguerilla Top 1 - Fists Of Avalon + Mage Cowl
      2. Ramlinn Top 6 - Hallowfall + Mage Cowl
      3. Joss Stick Top 7 - Bow Of Badon + Mage Cowl
      4. 1sterika Top 13 - Whispering Bow + Mage Cowl
      There is no goddamn kiter in this universe who would switch to fucking hunter hood after a mage cowl rework. They'll either swap to cleric cowl or soldier helm.

I don't understand why the fuck you keep gambling on about the hunter hood. THE FUCKING CULTIST COWL IS INCREDIBLY POPULAR AND IT'S HARD COUNTERED BY THE HUNTER HOOD BUT THE HUNTER HOOD IS SO SHIT THAT NO ONE EVEN PLAYS IT. THE MAGE COWL DOESN'T EVEN COUNTER THE FUCKING HUNTER HOOD. REWORKING THE MAGE COWL WON'T RESURRECT THE HUNTER HOOD FROM IT'S GRAVE.

ALSO, YOU'RE COMPLETELY IGNORING HOW IT'S THE MOST USED HEADPIECE BY SOLO PVP'ERS IN THE OPEN WORLD. THE ONLY HEADPIECE THAT COMES CLOSE TO IT IS THE FIEND COWL. THE MAGE COWL IS SO POWERFUL DESPITE IT BEING SO BRAINDEAD THAT EVEN I PRIMARILY USE MAGE COWL IN ANY SOLO CONTENT I DO.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stardust968485 ().

• I keep mentioning the hunter hood because it was nerfed into oblivion due to CD crybabys and it is useless ever since. Mage cowl should not get the same treatment.

It is used in the open world for different reasons. It was one of the most used headpieces even before the hunter hood and guardian helm nerfs. This is because of dissmounting. The rework where you would need to hit 3 autos would kill the open world viabillity. I ignored that comment because it seemed so stupid that I thougt it was a joke.

I never said it should not get a nerf. I said it should not get a rework. It has an important place. SBI could rework hunter hood cowl of purity or some other useless item rather than an usefull item because someone on forums doesn't like it.

Your caps key got stuck. You should fix it.
    • ziigii wrote:

I keep mentioning the hunter hood because it was nerfed into oblivion due to CD crybabys and it is useless ever since. Mage cowl should not get the same treatment.
      You literally said that if the mage cowl is nerfed we will be seeing hunter hoods constantly in cds? What the fuck are you smoking?

ziigii wrote:

It is used in the open world for different reasons. It was one of the most used headpieces even before the hunter hood and guardian helm nerfs. This is because of dissmounting. The rework where you would need to hit 3 autos would kill the open world viabillity.
      How about you use a weapon above t6 so that you can actually dismount people dumbass. Also, as someone who has mostly played solo open world content for two years I can say with certainty that the mage cowl would still be one of the most used headpieces even if it didn't work on mounts.

Stfu bloodletter/bow user. Actual two trick pony
    • Stardust968485 wrote:

ziigii wrote:

I keep mentioning the hunter hood because it was nerfed into oblivion due to CD crybabys and it is useless ever since. Mage cowl should not get the same treatment.
      You literally said that if the mage cowl is nerfed we will be seeing hunter hoods constantly in cds? What the fuck are you smoking?
      Learn how to understand what someone wrote. It feels like I'm talking with someone who had a stroke. Please read it again and try to understand it.

Stardust968485 wrote:

How about you use a weapon above t6 so that you can actually dismount people dumbass.
      You are an idiot. You can hardly dissmount someone as a solo player on a t3 horse. Unless he decides to run right next to you.

Stardust968485 wrote:

Playing neither of these and I don't use mage cowld because it is crap. It is an item decent in all situations so braindead people slap it on every build. It was always picked by many for this reason, even when there are better options many still play mage cowl. It is obvious that you have no ide a what you are talking about.

Go back to CD and git gud before you try to argue nonsense. Manage your meltdowns.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

• Heyo, here to share my thoughts.
      Every bloodletter player and their mother uses mage cowl. SBI seems to want to ignore this fact so since I don't see BL getting its execute changed in anyway anytime soon. The reason BL is crazy to fight against especially in the open world is because of mage cowl. With decent spec a 4.1 BL can dismount up to an armored horse alone. With mage cowl I can dismount a boar solo using poison pot and 1h spear. Why does the hit and run playstyle (bows offensive healers etc) use mage cowl? With one auto attack I can deal 15% of your health. At relatively no risk and no downside. There isn't even a decent defensive helmet to counter it. The current best counter is to just not let them apply the poison in the first place.
      Avid Handheld Gamer :love:
    • ziigii wrote:

You are an idiot. You can hardly dissmount someone as a solo player on a t3 horse. Unless he decides to run right next to you.
      How about you actually use a weapon that's good for dismounting people? With a Bearpaw you can easily dismount a boar.

ziigii wrote:

Stardust968485 wrote:

Playing neither of these and I don't use mage cowld because it is crap. It is an item decent in all situations so braindead people slap it on every build. It was always picked by many for this reason, even when there are better options many still play mage cowl. It is obvious that you have no ide a what you are talking about.
      Go back to CD and git gud before you try to argue nonsense. Manage your meltdowns.
      I'm an actual hypocrite. I used to use only the bloodletter + mage cowl for a whole year for solo open world content just because of how effective it was and the only stopped using it because I got sick of it. I usually also use bows in cds with the mage cowl.

I believe that my opinion is worth infinitely more than yours since you're arguing about a headpiece that you don't even use.
    • why is every new player running with mage cowl ? why does 90% of china use mage cowl ?
      the answer is simple, braindead simple hard counterable item with ultra low cd and huge dps boost.

even i-frame can not avoid the effect of this dog item.... you will i-frame auto dmg and still have the dot effect.

ziigii wrote:

When you insult someone and give examples at least know what you are talking about, reflect was nerfed by ZVZ and not by CD

people ran in flat 4 spear builds with cleric robe and 1 shot 8.3 dps
      to that the reflect formula is broken in albion anyway and the DMG reflected is always bigger than the one you get... reflected dmg is true, if you compare reflect to constant dps with 15sec cd it's gl for you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().