PVE of 1h dagger need improve

• PVE of 1h dagger need improve

"The 1h dagger is dressed up like a solo PVP weapon" a new player thought like that until he found its shitty performance in solo PVP,,,
      SBI should have noticed this fact, but they didn't make any change. Maybe they just don't know how,,,
      it is also not that useful in GVG, the damage of E toward monster is quite low, it is really time-consuming when using it in CD right now.,,,
      So why not improve the damage of E toward monster, and make it a bit cost-effective for new players? otherwise, people almost forget this weapon.
    • 1h dagger - only good in very specific situations. I really love the concept of boosted auto-attacks, sustain, lifesteal. But as hard as it is for me to accept, in this game, people use spells, not auto-attacks. 1h dagger is strong in pve. Strong in specific pvp. Not 1x1. But damage to mobs should be increased.
      Mr. Clown
    • VseOtlichno wrote:

1h dagger - only good in very specific situations. I really love the concept of boosted auto-attacks, sustain, lifesteal. But as hard as it is for me to accept, in this game, people use spells, not auto-attacks. 1h dagger is strong in pve. Strong in specific pvp. Not 1x1. But damage to mobs should be increased.
      in this game spells are much stronger than AA based builds
      on average it takes 4 seconds worth of autos to catch up to 1 Q spell in terms of damage

and as Q spells have more "power" / range / effects loaded into them and castable every 3 seconds AA builds have to have ridiculous numbers to match them
      and have resulted in swords and spears which rely on auto damage to be very powerful in some cases

take whispering bow for example
      it has 225 damage E per auto at 1500IP compared to badon with 2k ++ damage per cast
      whispering has to auto 10 times in 8 secs to match badon dps

granted this is not the best stimulation of a real fight but in terms of per cast damage the difference is quite large
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • However the Q spell of dagger line is so mediocre:230 damage+slighty jumping, cd 4s in IP 960, it is impossible for dagger player to play pve only rely on Q spell. so when u are explaining how good that Q spell could be, u are actually persuading us to try other weapons (the terrible damage of spear and sword are also rely on Q), u just ignore the problem here.

In my opinion, AA need time+extra buff(speed/damage boost), so they deserve higher damage, and they are naturally match sustained buff; spells is instant+low cd+AOE, so their damage should be carefully controlled.

Some weapons can only choose AA so they should have high damage, some choose spell, they get many effects+low cd, but their E damage should not that strong. Now the problem is some spells weapons have both ultra-high damage and effects, some AA weapons are underpowered

why need improve damage in PVE:

some AA build like spear and sword, u designer really did a good job, cause their AA can be boosted to a terrible level without any other build assisted and maintain for ultralong time. Yh no one doubts this, everyone like this. not to mention their AA damage are also good as pvp weapons

another successful pve case is greataxe, every rat like it
      but in my experience its damage toward player is also horrible:
      In CD, when I am facing a slight pre-bleeding+adrenaline boost+whirlwind+raging blink(stalker shoes) , it can cut off my ~80% HP(~1600) within 2s
      Yh, dealing 80% HP within 2s, u just need an axe and shoes, not to mention that is an AOE damage for both pvp and pve,,,

I never cut off 80% HP of a player within 2s using 1h dagger + hunter jacket, so can u imagine how low it would be when facing monster?

solution:
      improve the Q of dagger, or
      improve the damage of E to mobs, or
      make the Q/E more flexible and applicable, just like AA build of spear or sword
    • @Langerrrr
      Upon 1h dagger's rework into what it is now, it turned out to be so strong that 2 players in ~T9 gear would be able to farm a T6 Avalonian dungeon designed for groups of 10 and above. It was economy-breaking, to say the least. After that it went through 3 rounds of nerfs, first the PvE damage, then the overall damage, then the PvP damage.

Some combination of increasing duration to 8s, buffing the PvE damage slightly, and reducing the lifesteal %?
      Daggers aren't my forte, so I'm just throwing around rough suggestions here.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • The E is constantly activated not single-activated. if improving duration, needs less CD so it can still match the hunter jacket(CD 30s).
      The lifesteal part I think can take example by evil shoes: less HP, higher lifesteal %, from 50% to 100%(or remove the self-damage when low HP). This makes E more reasonable for early state of fighting(to offset the weak Q/W, but not that horrible to the enemy,), rather than "one-shot" or "all in", and more applicable for healing during later state, thus keeping its unique feature "payback"

The post was edited 2 times, last by Langerrrr ().