Demonfang

    • Hattenhair wrote:

      daggers have it via a dash
      If you just remove the dash, then all daggers will become one of the most clumsy weapons, because during q2 they will dance in spot. Can be done by analogy with q2 of an axe so that it does not interrupt the movement.


      Please tell us where the daggers have a unique huge damage that allows you to destroy the target?
      Images
      • Claymore vs. Bloodletter.jpg

        129.56 kB, 706×525, viewed 23 times
      Mr. Clown
    • VseOtlichno wrote:

      Please tell us where the daggers have a unique huge damage that allows you to destroy the target?
      bonus dmg from Q + auto attack relatively fastest attack speed and highest bleeding rate in the game, on top of that, execution with E at 40% gives a deadly combo.
      this is a brawling option that should not exist, dagger should depend on CD rotation and rely on IN and OUT gameplay

      IN with dash, do combo OUT with boots, w8 for CD repeat.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().

    • @Quagga
      Just imagine that among the daggers there are 6 more types of weapons, except for the BL.
      According to the combo principle, only a pair of daggers and Ava's claws play. The demon's fang is now broken, so it's hard to say anything about it.

      Do I understand correctly that you want daggers to play assassin style?Then they don't have much damage for that. Maybe I would agree with this statement if there were no gloves. Or 1h curse. Or a one-shot crossbow. Or dagger pair's e-spell would be uninterruptible. Or if the claws were not countered by everything.
      Mr. Clown
    • VseOtlichno wrote:

      If you just remove the dash, then all daggers will become one of the most clumsy weapons, because during q2 they will dance in spot. Can be done by analogy with q2 of an axe so that it does not interrupt the movement.

      Please tell us where the daggers have a unique huge damage that allows you to destroy the target?
      Dagger pair is the biggest single target nuke besides death curse, if you're not aware of it.
      If you're so kind to ignore that bloodletter is an unreactable on-demand AoE execute lunge which also reduces ALL of your cooldowns and not a single target one like the claymore, should I even continue the conversation here?

      Right, daggers have a % damage increase on their stacks, swords have attack speed which, by the way, does not give you any additional advantage until you reach the 3rd stack, and even then the only thing it gives you is the ability to weave another extra autoattack between Q casts. They also have damage buffs and utility on W's which can set up their E's (as a dagger should), while swords are more CC and defense-oriented.
      Their whole kit literally revolves around setting up an E nuke.

      I'm not saying to gut the spell completely, I'm saying that a dash in combination with an AoE is not something daggers should have, that's bruiser territory, not assassin. Besides, you could also buff other Q's to be more fluid (Q1 specifically, as Q3 is fine), so your argument about clumsiness has little weight.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

      should I even continue the conversation here
      How should daggers be played? Shadow edge jump, e, running out using boots?
      All combat classes can maintain pressure on the player. Swords, axes, spears, gloves.
      Giant damage and pressure can create a fire staff and curse.What will be the place of daggers in the game? Only gank? And BL in any kind of content, because execution.
      Mr. Clown
    • VseOtlichno wrote:

      How should daggers be played? Shadow edge jump, e, running out using boots?
      Well, yes, that's literally the whole of the dagger kit. Q2 is the only odd one out.
      If you want to jump in and create a continuous mess you should choose axes and swords, not daggers. The entire reason why swords are barely played in group fights is because daggers with Q2 exist, they do the same thing but with more damage.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Axes can only stick to opponents using q-spell, swords can, gloves can, spears can. Only with q. ok

      Do other weapons deal the same amount of damage? Some weapons do even more damage on a solo target, and don't need to be at close range. ok

      Can other weapons deal unexpected burst damage to solo target? No. This is the privilege of daggers. Is this relevant in the current meta? No. ok

      Something else? No. Battle bracers deal 75% of BL execute dmg. its okq2 allows daggers to be competitive in different content.

      1H dagger literally dies in pvp without q2 dash. 1h dagger is literally a bruiser weapon.
      How many types of daggers are in the CD now? 1(BL)? How many types of druids or holy?)
      You can parse each type of content, and there will be a minimum of daggers (I ask you not to remember DF, it is completely broken).

      If remove dash from q2, then the dagger will turn into not an assassin. BL will turn into a semi-support. Assassin's weapons will be DG and DP(who hadn't used q2 before).
      I admit dash is strong for daggers, but lack of dash will kill 1h of dagger, claws will disappear from solo content (like bl, df).I know that bl is a nightmare for all noobs (after bear paws).

      I fought many times against bl. When there was a fair fight, I often won.
      A well-timed res pot or heal pot will literally win you the fight.

      But the stubborn repetition of "remove q2 dashes" can backfire. Imagine a dagger swinging its arms like a q2 sword.
      Your opponent just runs away at that moment. q1 - you just give q once and just run after the person endlessly.

      Please suggest an alternative that would somehow look adequate in the current meta.


      p.s. Personally, I have no other choice. just play dagger-bruiser. Because I play with my girlfriend a mobile player healer. We fight 2vs4+ all the time. In order to emerge victorious from such fights, I must quickly kill people one by one. I've tried several weapons and nothing better than 1h daggera for this type of content. Either I quickly kill people, or she catches chain control, interrupting the heal and we die from 4.1 fighters.
      Mr. Clown

      The post was edited 1 time, last by VseOtlichno ().

    • @VseOtlichno
      • Gloves are fucked up on a fundamental level that's a whole another conversation
      • Surprise burst damage is not impactful in meta because literally nobody plays daggers that way since Q2 exists.
      • Do other weapons with similar burst damage have similar utility? I.e: Firemage can deal tons of damage, but that's literally all he's got.
      • BL before Q2 was a semi-support, yes. A lack of sustained damage was a real downside, and not a meme.
      I never said Q dagger spells should not have dashes, I said they should not have AoE and dash on one button.
      So, there are 3 suggestions I have for now:
      • Remove the dash from Q2, remove standtimes so you can cast it on the move. It will have the advantages of not inducing incoming increased damage like Q3 and will still have the ability to get multiple stacks per cast depending on the number of enemies hit.
      • Give the dash to Q1, a targeted dash to the target with a bit of armor pierce. Q1 has trouble keeping up to targets and this should act as a solution, yet should not provide the broken on-demand movement like the current Q2.
      • Give the dash W a recast, or a more complicated variant on the dev side - introduce a 2-charge system so the dashes could be cast separately from each other.
      Less erratic spazzing and more tactical positioning. Thoughts?
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • The problem with demonfang is not the ballance of abillities. The problem is high ressilience penetration and other invisible stats.

      The weapon seems balanced on the first glance but once you go in a fight you start one shoting everything.

      Nerf the invisible stats.
    • ziigii wrote:

      The problem with demonfang is not the ballance of abillities. The problem is high ressilience penetration and other invisible stats.

      The weapon seems balanced on the first glance but once you go in a fight you start one shoting everything.

      Nerf the invisible stats
      Ahh the smell of meta, as little boys swipe to keep the devs happy not the other way around.
      Limited intelligence needs rewarding.
      G.G
    • I suggest reworking the dagger tree. Dagger in other games is something like a finisher, but in Albion online, except Bloodletter, the other daggers are heavy & quick damage dealer. If a melee weapon deals lots of damage, range weapon will fall behind, because melee weapons are quick & easy to hit, while range weapons are limited by cast time, channeling, aiming & clothy.

      Dagger should feel like a finisher, a killer. But in the current meta, daggers are stacked and used as the main dps, because of "Throwing blades". Because this W ability will give a 45% buff in damage and is easy to achieve. So let's make this"Throwing blades" provide a full buff if it hit enemies with less than some HP threshold. By doing this, daggers can not be stacked anymore, and create room for other weapon lines.