Demonfang

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• brainlet weapon that wipe your entire backline with a single E combo, yet to be nerfed. Royal sandals, run randomly into directions, maybe W, press E 2-3 times and kill all the clothies within a second, surely it is balanced, to the point that people use it in castle fight even thought it is a mdps weapon. Good one combat balance team

The post was edited 1 time, last by Frosty3z ().

• Yeah, I don't usually get involved with these nerf tread but demonfang absolutely deserves consideration.
      Plenty of ppl I know who play the weapon said that it is too strong and fully expected a nerf next patch.
      You cannot mix high base dmg + aoe + high res pen + fast cast, its just a combo for disaster. This is why brim has higher base dmg than gala or bridled for exemple.
      Maybe they will include it next NDA but the fact that they are going to nerf things like MAGIC SHOCK dmg (I guess I missed the arcane dps meta? lol) before nerfing demonfang is quite surprising.
    • Fabrizziou wrote:

E also could recieve some adjoustment
      tbh is awful fighting to it with only 60% HPIt perfectly could be an actual executioner at 20 or 25% instead of doing too many a bit more damage below 40%
      Q2 allows bloodletter to be in position for an execute all of the time and allows it to disengage whenever as well.
      Q2 is also AoE damage, which allows daggers to play as a bruiser and apply actual pressure.
      Back when Q2 did not exist a lack of consistent damage was an actual downside for daggers, now they don't have that downside while also possessing high burst on E's.
      It's literally swords but better.

Daggers are ok (not demonfang), Q2 is not.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • VseOtlichno wrote:

How to replace q2? I can't imagine a 1h dagger(or any) with q1. This is the most clumsy dagger spell. It is used literally point blank. This is 2-3 times closer than an auto attack.
      The dash is exactly the issue for daggers. @Quagga already mentioned the AoE Q was introduced to combat lackluster solo FF, and it shows that the devs never really put much thought into it.
      This Q, one button alone, allows daggers to play as a bruiser, despite having massive damage and executes on E's, which no bruiser should have. The part where daggers have to carefully choose their time to slip in and nuke someone is completely irrelevant when there's an on-demand mobility button that allows ignoring that whole process.

I don't know how to exactly nerf Q2, but the AoE pressure combined with a dash should not be at a daggers' disposal at all, this spell should not exist. We could go buffing other options after something is done here, cast-range being one of the first additions.

VseOtlichno wrote:

Quagga wrote:

remove dash keep aoe DMG and stacks, revert dash nerf fixed.
      Leave the same spell, but remove the dash? That is, for q2 daggers to work like q2 swords? Now the animation of the skill is played during the dash. If remove the dash, the dagger will literally stop just like a sword to give q2.
      It's literally a sword Q already. Sticky mobility + AoE pressure. There's one difference and that's swords having their mobility expressed through a movespeed buff, while daggers have it via a dash. Dash is much more powerful as it allows you to dodge enemy AoE's and you don't need to hit anything to get it in the first place.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hattenhair ().

• Hattenhair wrote:

I don't know how to exactly nerf Q2, but the AoE pressure combined with a dash should not be at a daggers' disposal at all, this spell should not exist. We could go buffing other options after something is done here, cast-range being one of the first additions.
      What do u think on it, some ideas for Q2 rework:

Idea #1: Q2 it still could be a dash but instead of circular aoe dmg it could be a dash that stabs nearby enemies, dealing lineal damage, if there is no enemies nearby then it is just a dash, also we can increase mana cost/cooldown if only used for mobility and no enemies are hit (u remove some aoe potential but cringe dash is still there)

Idea #2: Q2 could be a triangular area damage, where u start from one vertex, drawing every side of the triangle and stabbing the aoe damage from each vertex to the center, so u stab 3 times and make max damage on center, every hit gives an assassin charge maybe? (with this design the dash is gone and u have a more interesting aoe damage than copying sword Q2)

On more thoughts, idea #2 could be a great pairing with dash if it's buffed so u can get closer and hit with a buffed max damage
      Battle Bracers supremacy

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fabrizziou ().