​Due to the increasing population of "rats" in the Corrupted Lair

• ​Due to the increasing population of "rats" in the Corrupted Lair

"Due to the increasing population of "rats" in the Corrupted Lair resulting in increased frustration among PVP players, we have decided to remove the PVP activation shrine. From now on, any entry into the Corrupted Lair will result in a potential full loot pvp fight does not apply to the Hunter level.
      We will be watching and monitoring the status of the Corrupted Lair
    • You really want to fix ratting in CDs? Easy. You will only get a loot chest if you have a win condition - You must defeat your opponent or you force your opponent to break crystals.

You break crystals? No loot for you. You don't invade/get invaded? No loot for you.
    • Don't even need to do all that.
      Fix solo dungeons, at the moment you get more fame solo In a YZ static T5. The problem is this ends up being a huge silver sink if farming fame credits.

Solo dungeons rewards are terrible.
      The fame isn't worth doing and the loot isn't worth anything either.

People rat CD because it's one of the only solo ways to have a chance at making a profit.
      Bring the rats back to solo dungeons by upping the rewards.

The people who want 1v1 will still do the CD for the loot from their kill and chest.
    • Majindoom wrote:

Don't even need to do all that.
      Fix solo dungeons, at the moment you get more fame solo In a YZ static T5. The problem is this ends up being a huge silver sink if farming fame credits.

Solo dungeons rewards are terrible.
      The fame isn't worth doing and the loot isn't worth anything either.

People rat CD because it's one of the only solo ways to have a chance at making a profit.
      Bring the rats back to solo dungeons by upping the rewards.

The people who want 1v1 will still do the CD for the loot from their kill and chest.
      risk vs reward - go in roads SRD and you have loot - but also can be intruded
    • Trial_hard wrote:

risk vs reward - go in roads SRD and you have loot - but also can be intruded
      Static solo dungeons in the roads are just too short. Whenever I find a dg that has been cleared I am usually always too late, and whenever I want to clear a dungeon, I always have to skip to the 2nd floor and start there even though I want to be dove because I've cleared so many 1st floors only to find out that someone has already cleared the 2nd.

Id call it risk vs reward if the dungeons were guaranteed to have four floors and only one chest at the end, and in order to unlock it you have to kill 70% of the all mobs in the dungeon (not floor).

When I say that there should only be one chest I'm not saying that there should be less loot. I'm saying that the entire dungeon's loot should be condensed into one chest, like 5 chests in 1 y'know
    • What kind of made up patch notes are those?

Just wait for the Mists of Avalon to provide that "honourable" 1v1 experience that you want.

You would create more problems than you would fix with those changes. 1v1 is too matchup dependant to remove alternative "win" conditions.

It would solve the rat problem and introduce the "I lost because of matchmaking" problem.
    • I'm not sure if this idea would be any good, but I think it takes away the frustration in a corrupted dungeon. Why not just add a timer, once a corrupted dungeon is invaded, you would have a certain amount of time counting down to hit the crystal and leave (prevent rats that troll). If the timer is up, all crystals must to taken down to leave (crystal hp increase as well). I think with this, it does help with the time wasted on rats. While it doesn't fix the whole rats situation, it definitely improves the frustration people get from getting into a fight with rats that stall.
      This will also improve fights that have the bats debuff. Generally speaking, many current corrupted dungeon meta focus on mobility such as sword, bow, or war glove. With 15+ stacks, it is still easy for these weapons to run around and leave while non-mobility weapons endlessly chase.