Better Mimic Abilities

• Combat Balance
    • Better Mimic Abilities

A lot of the spells taken by Mimic are very awkward or difficult to use in most situations and content
      now that we're addressing the skill with the arcane revamp here are my suggestions for switching some of them around to create more viable mimic options for all situations:

Arcane: Magic Shock -> Chain Missile
      Prevents double Magic Shock, pure dps arcanes can run double Chain Missile (too much dps?)

Axe: Adrenaline Boost -> Battle Rush
      Battle Rush has a supportive buff / debuff and mobility, either this or deadly chop

Crossbow: Noise Eraser -> Sunder Shot
      Noise Eraser is just worse Magic Shock, Sunder Shot is great in 5s / smallscale

Frost: Frost Nova -> Glacial Obelisk
      Frost Nova got nerfed, Glacial Obelisk great offensive support ability for largescale (does the recast work if its mimicked?)

Holy: Holy Orb -> Holy Blessing
      Most arcanes are in plate, Holy Blessing better matches the Nature mimic (PoN)

Gloves: Triple Kick -> Backhand Strike
      Much better support / tank ability, pierce and knockback are great support utilities

Mace: Snare Charge -> Guard Rune
      Defensive CC protection and resistances fits the theme (I'm not 100% sure either way though)

Spear: Deflecting Spin -> Harpoon
      Deflecting Spin is too selfish of a defensive, Harpoon is a great tool viable in all content sizes

P.S. Frazzle got nerfed way too hard, and Witchwork still needs a bit more love
      ~ Kanra
    • Kanra.zip wrote:

pure dps arcanes can run double Chain Missile (too much dps?)
      I think full dps arcane would rather 1000 times the blade cuz big aoe and blink

Kanra.zip wrote:

P.S. Frazzle got nerfed way too hard, and Witchwork still needs a bit more love
      frazzle looks good (?) at least I'm happy that u don't stand 3 days casting the bolt, range slightly increased, now reduces resistances instead of %defense
      and yes, I expected more for witchwork, at least a buff or a rework in the best case
      Arcane supremacy

The post was edited 2 times, last by Fabrizziou ().

• Mmm I dont know if it is a popular opinion or not, but I have always thought that Mimi should copy the exact same skill that the target has selected. That way, by knowing exactly what your allies picked up you can make some interesting strategies, for example, in ava raids if i know that one hole healer took the W that "revitalizes" (dont remember the name, the one that un-knocks you up xD) or while ganking, you know that if you use it in the catcher tank you will get snare charge which will make for more fluid gameplay. Also, knowing for example than an enemy daggers user is using the negating healing W (no name here either xD) if you see a chance for it to be useful you would use that to secure a kill and so on. The key idea being, you observe the battle, and you pick what you need/could benefit the most at some point, right now it is like this, except that less fluid, is a mace, you get the same always, no matter what. Observing and being able to use enemy skills against them would be really fun and effective IMO. What do you guys think?
    • IlabSentuser wrote:

Mmm I dont know if it is a popular opinion or not, but I have always thought that Mimi should copy the exact same skill that the target has selected. That way, by knowing exactly what your allies picked up you can make some interesting strategies
      It goes the other way too. For example: I used to heal a party that used arcane/curse in the backline where we utilized both armor piercer and dark matter spells for a nasty combo.
      Arcane being the support and getting support-related mimic spells is exactly what it needs.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

Fuhcew2 wrote:

any way we can get mimic from protection of nature to refreshing breeze to match the AOE heal potential of holy?
      HoT stacks are tied to the caster, where are you gonna get them from? The spell wont work.
      Good point didn't think that far, I'd then suggest cleanse heal but why not just use motivating cleanse other than the small heal from 0 stacks on a group w/o an ally using nature. I like the idea of arcane as a support healer I just feel there's more potential from holy healing as opposed to the resistance and healing buff applied to a single target.
      Avid Handheld Gamer :love: