Visual bug - Spell indicators

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Visual bug - Spell indicators

Hey, so yesterday I finally found a legendary chest, and it was beeing guarded by a bugged boss, this boss wasnt showing his atack warning circles (or what its called), therefore I couldnt finish the dungeon and neither I could loot the chest because it was nearly impossible to dodge his atacks animations. Is this a known issue? I have a clip that I can provide showing this bug happening.
    • This is happening with Champions in Faction wars and some other mobs as well.

The telegraph warnings are low visibility and or are hard to see or not visible at all.

Screen shots attached of Normal Lymhurst Champ telegraph and a bugged one as well as the Martlock Champ bugged telegraph.

Anyone else experiencing this problem should report and include screen shots so that they can maybe get this fixed.
      Images
      • Lym Normal.jpg

449.94 kB, 1,570×1,024, viewed 36 times
      • Lym Bugged.jpg

460.75 kB, 1,587×1,026, viewed 35 times
      • Martlock Bugged.jpg

512.55 kB, 1,585×1,026, viewed 33 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by smeaghoul ().

• This bug is still happening, today I was quad hit (rockslide) and instant killed by the Martlock Champ because I couldn't see the telegraph. I know others are having the same issues...
      Images
      • Rock slide.jpg

70.03 kB, 394×263, viewed 20 times
    • Also happened to us. 90% of the party couldn't see spell idicators at 7.2 ava dungeon. Logging out of the game seems to help for a while(it feeled like 20-60 minutes). Also if you move in different directions, you can find a spot where aoe become visible again, but is does so for 1-2 AoE's and then breaks again. Spell indicators also sometimes disappear in pvp, hce, solo dungeons, group dungeons etc. Ava dungeons seem to cause this issue more often. Disappearing doesn't depend on pc performance or game settings. Yesterday we had all possible combinations of computing power and settings and unpredictable showing/not showing of aoe indicators. Hence good computer and good settings can show/or not show aoes, AoEs being visible for a mobile player, but not for MacBook pro m1 ultra on medium settings and so on. This bug makes HCE's and Ava dungeons unplayable. Please fix it or give us at least a temporary workaround. Thank you.
    • I suspect a shader rendering order issue but again, without a repro, it is like trying to find the needle in the haystack.

What would be best is if you can give us a very detailed report, like:

Your equipment, the chosen spells, in what dungeon against which mobs did you fight, what spells were you using, what spells were the mobs using, what are your gfx settings etc.etc.

Most important thing: it is reproducable every time not just occasionally, because then it can be something completely different as well.

It is an interesting info that it seems to happen more often in Ava dungeons, but there were reports for this issue from solo and small group players in the open world as well.
      Maybe specific spells that are typically used more in Ava dungeons are the reason?

I know this would be a bunch of work, but this would make sure we can fix the issue as fast as possible.

You can believe me, we already spend so many hours trying to reproduce this, with any gfx settings and endless different item/spell/mob/location combinations but we still did not find a 100% repro :(

Cheers
      These violent delights have violent ends...
    • Mabruck wrote:

I suspect a shader rendering order issue but again, without a repro, it is like trying to find the needle in the haystack.

Your equipment, the chosen spells, in what dungeon against which mobs did you fight, what spells were you using, what spells were the mobs using, what are your gfx settings etc.etc.

Most important thing: it is reproducable every time not just occasionally, because then it can be something completely different as well.

It is an interesting info that it seems to happen more often in Ava dungeons, but there were reports for this issue from solo and small group players in the open world as well.
      Maybe specific spells that are typically used more in Ava dungeons are the reason?

I know this would be a bunch of work, but this would make sure we can fix the issue as fast as possible.

You can believe me, we already spend so many hours trying to reproduce this, with any gfx settings and endless different item/spell/mob/location combinations but we still did not find a 100% repro :(

Cheers
      There are multiple threads in the buf section of the forum regarding spell indicators not being visible. It happens frequently. We figured out in hellgates that the one the same map the spell indicators are visible or non-visible depending on the players elevation. I believe they may be rendered inside the floor and are not visible because of the clipping.
    • Can this issue 100% occur on low settings?, or to be more specific, Shader Quality: Medium (which is the default setting for low) ?

And anybody that really had this issue recently can send me a player log? I don't suspect to find something useful in there but you never know!

Start your launcher, click on Settings. Then click on the Game Logs button which opens a folder where you should find a text file called "Player" (log is the filetype).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mabruck ().

• It just happened once again in HCE on Fungicide level 13. Frost and heal couldn't see AoEs.

Heal on hallowfall staff, royal jacket, Celestial Censer, Graveguard helmet, shoes of tenacity.

Frost on Chillwohl, Cryptcandle, royal cowl, royal mantle, shoes of tenacity.

It happened to heal during the map(approximately in the middle) and frost during the boss fight.

Tank, crossbow, and sc were on regular HCE setups.

Heal had medium shader quality and frost ultra.

Tank and sc could both see AoE's and had medium and ultra shader quality accordingly.

Player.log of the heal is attached
      Files
      • Player.log

(3.09 kB, downloaded 12 times, last: )
    • Update on the new Patch.

Today did ava dungeon again, again spell indicators disappear— same behavior as before the new patch.

The things not mentioned yet: sometimes spell indicators can show up again during the fight for some time(any time between 1 aoe and 2 minutes) and then disappear again
    • it happens everywhere, i've had it open world blue yellow red black zones, i've had it happen in solo dungeons, static dungeons like the one in sleetwater. random open world mobs, faction outpost bosses. there are several threads on teh forums reporting it.

sometimes changing zones (maps) fixes it but it comes back shortly, the only 100% fix i've found is restarting game client. in my experience it seems to be related to the game client being open for a long time, but i can't swear to it.

edit; sometimes just going offscreen and coming back resets it too, just saw happen.

my graphic options

The post was edited 1 time, last by uAchapCe ().

• Guys we know there are a lot of threads regarding the issue but again, it is one thing to report that this occured and another thing to have
      a 100% reproduction so the Devs can look at what is going on in the code while it happens for them when they are reproducing it.

We are aware of the issue and it is being investigated but so far we were not able to pinpoint, what exactly causes it.
    • Mabruck wrote:

Guys we know there are a lot of threads regarding the issue but again, it is one thing to report that this occured and another thing to have
      a 100% reproduction so the Devs can look at what is going on in the code while it happens for them when they are reproducing it.

We are aware of the issue and it is being investigated but so far we were not able to pinpoint, what exactly causes it.
      open a new game client, leave it sit at character select screen for an hour, log in and hit up an outpost capture with a dozen people spamming spells.
      repeat until it happens.

in my own experiences, the longer the game client is open the more likely the issue occurs when i get in a situation with lots of spell effects going off.

i gave you screen caps of my graphics settings above too (though i did change to "normal" preset after posting those (with shadows off) and still experience the issue).
    • Mabruck wrote:

Guys we know there are a lot of threads regarding the issue but again, it is one thing to report that this occured and another thing to have

The post was edited 4 times, last by Sylver84 ().

• Mabruck wrote:

I suspect a shader rendering order issue but again, without a repro, it is like trying to find the needle in the haystack.

Cheers
      Uploading video now but to just give you info up frontt.
      Equipment
      6.1 incubus mace Q Threathing smash W guard rune Energetic passive
      8.1 Saph shield
      7.1 Guardian Helm 3rd spell the shield defense passive
      8.0 Guardian Armor 2nd Taunt, defense passive, threat gen passive on 2nd
      8.1 Guardian Boots Gig spel with defense passive

AVA dungeon 8.1 final boss sir bedivere
      Video settings are all low, everything turned off like blooming etc etc.
      Frames capped at 60
      1920x1080 resolution
      In the video you will see the indicators present and when they disapear, this happens on every boss and during mob pulls as well.
      Party members complain about the same issue, the indicators are there and then they disapear.

to gain time, skip to 2:20, at 2:42 the indicators disapear at 5:45 they re apear
      Files
      • Player.log

(109.15 kB, downloaded 12 times, last: )

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sylver84 ().