Finally here after countless Youtube ads

• Finally here after countless Youtube ads

Hello everyone!!

Finally downloaded the game after watching countless Youtube ads.

I am about 2 hours into the game.

I can say it is quite fun riding the donkey around and killing monsters. But not that fun when random trees join in the attack as well.

I also like how the scenery changes from mountain to dessert to forest. But I constantly get warning saying my loot will drop if I enter zone so I turn away.

I also see groups of people running around fighting which looks quite fun but I do not know how to join them. I can't attack them nor can they attack me.

In conclusion, the 2 hours of game play was fun and I hope I can learn more about the game.
    • Welcome to Albion Charsiupau, Red and Black Zones can be intimating at first, However once you get the hang of things, get out there and get over the fear of losing gear the contents and the PvP in the zones can be so much fun! I would encourage looking for a group of friends or a guild to do your adventuring into these zones. Thoe they are not impossible to do alone they can be quiet brutal to solos.
      Good luck, Be safe and have fun!
      Whiper me or any of our Officers to join guild Doa!
      Neosback
      GeeDawg
      Mewe
      BlueBuddha
      NesroD
      Hinds
    • Ay, welcome to the game my brother. I also found the game through Youtube ads and decided to give the game a try - and glad I did. It really reminded me of a game I used to play; RuneScape, very similar graphics at least, and similar-ish gameplay; This game wins overall now though and I have retired from my RS career and started my Albion career over a year ago lol :)

I'd recommend watching some extra Youtube videos about Albion and the beginner stages like "Beginner guides", and so on. They are still very useful even though the game evolves constantly. Just need to familiarize yourself with the zones you hang around (stay on the Royal Continent for now), especially while you are still new. The Yellow zones/blue zones are safe knockdown zones, so you won't lose gear when "dying" in those zones from other players. Red/Black zones are full loot meaning if you die by a player you drop all of your items (except for silver/gold- which are always safe), so that is why you are getting those notifications as you are about to travel through a zone... Lots of things going on in this game, you will love it. AND the gaming is in a great "boom" stage when it comes to player population; the game is growing at a high rate currently.

Also, I believe you're watching people either do Faction Warfare, or just pvp-flagging and attacking whoever they can as they are in non-lethal zones. If you do decide to try out lethal zones, just keep in mind you don't always have to bring expensive, or the best gear you can wear, while traveling in them. Just keep it cheap and if you die, you die - you can replace anything you've lost and you've learnt more about the game in the process. <-- just a quick tip :P

Anyway, bunch of help we can all give you, but guides will do the best for you at the moment; video guides, then ask any specific questions after. You can also try the /help chat channel while playing and can ask anything game-related in there and you will almost always get a response back from people who know the game very well....

Once again, Welcome to Albion, my friend, glad to have you! GL and don't die
    • Mmightiest wrote:

Ay, welcome to the game my brother. I also found the game through Youtube ads and decided to give the game a try - and glad I did. It really reminded me of a game I used to play; RuneScape, very similar graphics at least, and similar-ish gameplay; This game wins overall now though and I have retired from my RS career and started my Albion career over a year ago lol :)

I'd recommend watching some extra Youtube videos about Albion and the beginner stages like "Beginner guides", and so on. They are still very useful even though the game evolves constantly. Just need to familiarize yourself with the zones you hang around (stay on the Royal Continent for now), especially while you are still new. The Yellow zones/blue zones are safe knockdown zones, so you won't lose gear when "dying" in those zones from other players. Red/Black zones are full loot meaning if you die by a player you drop all of your items (except for silver/gold- which are always safe), so that is why you are getting those notifications as you are about to travel through a zone... Lots of things going on in this game, you will love it. AND the gaming is in a great "boom" stage when it comes to player population; the game is growing at a high rate currently.

Also, I believe you're watching people either do Faction Warfare, or just pvp-flagging and attacking whoever they can as they are in non-lethal zones. If you do decide to try out lethal zones, just keep in mind you don't always have to bring expensive, or the best gear you can wear, while traveling in them. Just keep it cheap and if you die, you die - you can replace anything you've lost and you've learnt more about the game in the process. <-- just a quick tip :P

Anyway, bunch of help we can all give you, but guides will do the best for you at the moment; video guides, then ask any specific questions after. You can also try the /help chat channel while playing and can ask anything game-related in there and you will almost always get a response back from people who know the game very well....

Once again, Welcome to Albion, my friend, glad to have you! GL and don't die
      Yes, I have been watching a lot of youtube and reading a lot of guides on reddit. It seems like having premium is worth it so my current objective is to get premium.

I have also been running around from city (?) to city killing mobs in between. Only city I have not ventured to is Carlion as it is a full loot pvp zone (or so the game says).

Met some kind souls helping me gain some fame in yellow and blue zone static which is something I find joy in this game. Read up a lot on ZVZ and HCE which is my next in game objective. However it seems that there is no one-build-fit-all build so I am still tweaking a little here and there.

Once I have my economy set up I think I will venture into black and red zone and hopefully I have found a guild by then. Safety in numbers I guess.

Thank you for the welcome once again! I hope we cross path soon in game.
    • As a fellow new joiner (4 days at the time of writing this) i can only give you one pearl of advice - dont be afraid of the full loot zones (red zone/black zone).

watch a few videos on how to survive there and you will find that you will make loads of fame and silver!

sure you may die a few times, but once you get used to playing safe, you will be swimming in fame and silver.

you may also notice that once you get comfortable there, you will never go back to yellow and blue zones - its exciting, rewarding and it will teach you more about albion than yellow and blue zones ever will!
      BZ life best life.