Testserver Patch Notes - Into the Fray Patch 4

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• hes refering to the hit and run play style which is the most common for bows which takes advantage of their 20m+ range Es
      and the 15m frost shot

most bows cannot Turret people down anymore or trade face to face
      and has to resort to frost shot W as their main W
      this is my expirence as your former bow main

ever since fire and curse got buffed in damage department
      in objective based instanced arenas they are super strong

and this should be how its is because fire and curse has no mobility so its a given they should deal heavy damage
      as for melees they deal way more damage when they close the gap this much should also be reasonable

therefore this has put bows in a pretty akward spot if they are not using their strengths and playing hit and run
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • Before the patch:

Top 1 of solo weapons:

1) ava gloves
      2) hallowfall
      3) claymore
      4) broadsword
      6) one handed spear
      7) trinity
      8) Badon
      9) warbow
      10) holy one handed
      11) great fire, wildfire, demonic, skull, death givers
      12) all other trash level

After the patch finally rank 2+3+4 will have a newcomer, two that was never before in top 10...

P.S. the nerf on smite is irrelevant, just punishes low ping people and none else, that's one of the worse design issues

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trial_hard ().

• Waiting for melee nerf. Have you guy seen video that demonfang, spirit hunter, & ava axe evaporate people less than 1s?

Also pls consider a nerf in assassin hood. Assassin hood provides lethal and defend by reducing cd in both weapon and armor skill. Maybe make it not cd for armor slot.
    • There are many other things to do in this game besides Crystal League, that peoplelove about this game as well.

Q Line: Please; single target like Energy Bolt , multi target like MagicShock, and then hybrids Like Chain Missile; keep Arcane Protection or move itto W Line.

Chain Missile & Lingering Power: just add the +Attack Range of theinherent to Chain Missile. Or a rethink “Magic Missile”: shoot a narrow cone oflong range missiles that on impact, each deal small radius damage and silence;radius damage is cumulative; think Explosive Arrows and Multishot from Bow.

Enigma Blade: Im not loving combo skills on W or E for any weapon and Ifeel like it needs a short Silence or a percent based Reduce Resist like Frazzle.(…were comparing this to Magic Shock due to Mimic)

Frazzle: please go back to percent, because explicit scaling doesn’t workfor this.

Energy/Empowering Beams: These would be useful if they were not channels;please consider AOE buff for Empowering and for Energy: effect on self; removeenergy from enemies in radius, give to party.

Inherents: Aggressive Caster that bootstraps with ST-Q that doesn’t exist /Calmness-ok / Energetic-ok but could be more synergistic with an ST-Q that doesn’texist / Hush-makes sense, but CC nerf has killed arcane silence from beingeffective; so idk replace with constant +CC duration, idk / Lingering Power-shouldn’tbe a fix for broken Q – maybe replace with Life Leach or move speed increaseidk | Speaking on inherents for all weapons the +for time doesn’t make as much usesense as say +CC for next WorE skill or +%damage for next WorE skill except inthe case of attack or cast speed and bootstrapping; not sure what the solutionwould be, maybe just increase durations for sustained fighting so that inherentsare inherent with some ramp up required.

I felt like some of arcane got partly killed for no long-term increase indesire to play it; once the new wears off.
      Stuff to think about.
      Thank You
    • Q1 doesn't detonate arcane charges, is this intended or improperly coded at the moment? Otherwise I frankly enjoy the new Q.

Arcane shield got a 20% cooldown increase and a way to strip the shield instantly with a forced movement, seems nerfish to me? I didn't feel this was overpowered in the first place.

Magic shock damage reduced by a decent amount for a skill which was inatley cooldown restricted ? Don't understand this one.

New W seems fun? Blink range seems low for a disengage that requires a mage to be in almost melee range to take full advantage of it. Yes it can aoe burst charges but so can alot of our Es or magic blast.

New passive seems ok, little clunky however but let's see how this translates to live. I feel you added this to be a filler for the fact that there are moments where we will have everything on cooldown. Maybe I'm wrong? Auto attack fillers are Boring by design. Please don't force us to use mistcaller, it's not fun being pidgeonholed into specific gear.

Overall arcane seems to be going in the right direction apart from the shield nerf. If you made Q shield last 3 seconds with this cooldown nerf it would feel better.

700+ arcane main here for reference. Let me know what you fellow arcaners feel.
    • Shandeezy wrote:

Q1 doesn't detonate arcane charges, is this intended or improperly coded at the moment? Otherwise I frankly enjoy the new Q.

Arcane shield got a 20% cooldown increase and a way to strip the shield instantly with a forced movement, seems nerfish to me? I didn't feel this was overpowered in the first place.

Magic shock damage reduced by a decent amount for a skill which was inatley cooldown restricted ? Don't understand this one.

New W seems fun? Blink range seems low for a disengage that requires a mage to be in almost melee range to take full advantage of it. Yes it can aoe burst charges but so can alot of our Es or magic blast.

New passive seems ok, little clunky however but let's see how this translates to live. I feel you added this to be a filler for the fact that there are moments where we will have everything on cooldown. Maybe I'm wrong? Auto attack fillers are Boring by design. Please don't force us to use mistcaller, it's not fun being pidgeonholed into specific gear.

Overall arcane seems to be going in the right direction apart from the shield nerf. If you made Q shield last 3 seconds with this cooldown nerf it would feel better.

120 spec in Arcanes and 10v10 hg 1# infamy team Arcane player here

In some situations the new shield feels like a small nerf yeah. I think what they should do is instead of removing the whole Shield completely after forced movement, you only lose the forced movement immunity buff, so essentially the forced movement immunity works 1 time only.

The post was edited 1 time, last by LegaI ().

• Shandeezy wrote:

Q1 doesn't detonate arcane charges, is this intended or improperly coded at the moment? Otherwise I frankly enjoy the new Q.

If I had to guess, they nerfed Q3 dmg (and removed the cast speed passive) to nerf the witchwork combo (E (pull) + W(Q) + Q + Q (Carl cape)). Or maybe to limit its reworked form since new W is 200 base dmg while current Q is 150.

current combo is 161+150+150+150 = 611
      new combo will be 161+200+135+135 = 631
      would have been without the nerf 161+200+150+150 = 661

For reference brim E is 434.09 (ofc context is key and just comparing like that is somewhat inaccurate but should give a rough idea).

Exemple solo bomb on bait corpse

I didn't do it in this exemple but you normally hold them with royal helm after your E or mimic a bow (always give ray of light (ranged root)).
      With new W (no cast/stand time + big aoe) you wont need cc to land the full combo. Also pull range is being buffed so I can see why SBI are cautious.

The post was edited 1 time, last by julopin ().