Testserver Patch Notes - Into the Fray Patch 4

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

For the first 120 seconds after a black-zone kill, the dead player can only be looted by the following participants:

The killed player
      The killed player's allies (same party, guild or alliance)

The player that dealt the killing blow
      The killer's allies (same party, guild or alliance)

The player that dealt the most damage to the killed player
      That player's allies (same party, guild or alliance)

After 120 seconds, these limitations are lifted and the corpse can be looted by any player
      Just to be clear - let's say I see two players fighting, and I run in to attack them while they are still fighting each other. Now it's a 3-way free-for-all - this happens CONSTANTLY in my solo gameplay. Now let's say I am the last man standing, but I didn't get the killing blow on the first person who died, and it turns out that the other guy did more damage to him than me. I can only loot one of them? And not only is this intended, but people think this is an improvement?
    • This:

Cannot be allowed to hit live servers, and it breaks my heart.

For context: I've played a lot of League of Legends. A LOT, of League of Legends.
      In League, there's a character named 'Bard,' who acts as a highly mobile utility support. His skill cap is insane, and he offers a massive amount of playstyle versatility due to his unique abilities; one of which is very similar (near identical) to the proposed change here. This 'ultimate' ability freezes allies and enemies in place much like time freeze (as it's listed here) and creates a huge variety of playmaking opportunities. It's a big part of why I started one-tricking him on release. He made League fun in a way I hadn't felt in a while, providing complex and creative strategies that really made me think. I've never picked up another character for more than the odd match in the seven years since I've been playing the game. I love Bard, I love his ultimate, and I understand fully why you would want to make this change. It's interesting, and would probably just as much fun and tactical in Albion as it is in league. But, sadly due to the nature of the game, it will also have catastrophic consequences.

As much as I love Bard, as much as I love his skill-set, it's been a long and hard road to be good with him. His abilities are complicated and difficult to use well, his ultimate chiefly so. The awareness and timing required to use it to benefit your team is significant, and you can easily fuck it up and fuck over your own team. While I have put in the countless hours to master that ability and how/when/where to use it, most people don't. Most people just fuck it up. It's so common in fact, that sometimes allies won't let me play Bard (ban him from the match) because "they've never seen a good bard" or "he's such a troll champ pick something else." And therein lies the problem: his capacity for trolling and griefing. Being able to simply turn off your allies and a moment's notice, such as when backing away from danger or in the middle of their attack is a brilliant way to get your 'friend's killed. Primarily this will make faction warfare completely unplayable, as rats will simply ult 'friendly' flagged zergs to get them killed and then gorge on loot; but it also has implications for the black zone. Infiltrating enemy guilds will now have an immediate opportunity to end fights as someone can sign up to a guild as a recruit, show up for CTA that day, and get their new guildmates killed. They don't even have to be invited, or even in the primary guild fighting, they can just show up. They can even ride with the infiltrated zerg in a normal set and simply swap to g-arcane when the time is right. There are simply too many ways this can be abused. Please, think ahead, and put a stop to this now.

I would love nothing more than to one-trick g-arcane and make that weapon sing like I do Bard in League, but it isn't worth the cost.
      Epic is the only way I know how...
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

I don't follow, could you elaborate if you have the time?
      3 buttons, my bad. Revitalize W from druids, Druid cowl puddle and the Royal armor with the aura. The first one isn't even used competitively and is a complete meme.
      So, as of the energy bolts' removal there is no way to punish someone for bad energy management. And as of energy beam' removal there is no way to drain someone of mana.

Energy management is now a completely isolated mechanic *clap clap*
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • I think SBI tried the mana vampire route and judged it to not be fun to play against
      points to the time realm breaker and royal armor combo was a thing

and judged that mana management would be done by skill costs instead of i Deny you the chance to play kind of method
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • Hattenhair wrote:

So, as of the energy bolts' removal there is no way to punish someone for bad energy management.
      face it, nobody in the world used it for that purpose, or if it happen it was unconsciously

I think it could be more popular if every hit could burn mana or any passive for that purpose (think in anti-mage from dota), so u can put in trouble even to enemies that doesn't use to have mana issues
      Arcane supremacy
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Black Zone Loot Changes
      For the first 120 seconds after a black-zone kill, the dead player can only be looted by the following participants:

The killed player

The killed player's allies (same party, guild or alliance)

The player that dealt the killing blow

The killer's allies (same party, guild or alliance)

The player that dealt the most damage to the killed player

That player's allies (same party, guild or alliance)

After 120 seconds, these limitations are lifted and the corpse can be looted by any player
      Please only add this change when the territory is at war, you can put it as a form of status that all players who are in that territory will receive while they are there, but it still won't stop the Rat, it will help stop him a little longer, but that won't be enough, it will just make them walk with Bloodletters
      Healer Supremacy

• Fabrizziou wrote:

face it, nobody in the world used it for that purpose, or if it happen it was unconsciously

I think it could be more popular if every hit could burn mana or any passive for that purpose (think in anti-mage from dota), so u can put in trouble even to enemies that doesn't use to have mana issues
      I'm just sad that now a it's limited to how much spells you can cast before the energy pool runs out. There is no depth. None. Zero.
      I hate the Lymhurst cape so fucking much.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?