nerf bloodlether.

• nerf bloodlether.

Bloodlether practically needs a nerf. We do not have to go very far, with watching youtube videos we realize. Guys with a boodlether 4.2 killing people 8, 8.1 no problem. Easy delete. It's just taking a little life out of it with a poison and pressing the E and finishing off practically anyone.
      I'm tired of going 8.1, 6.3, 7.3, and having an equivalent tier 7 bl show up and delete you in one combo.They really need to stop the bloodlether damage a bit.
    • Stardust wrote very clearly and sagaciously about this issue in the other Bloodletter post which is again worth repeating here:

"In the open world, you can't really 1v1 a bloodletter. The fight is pretty much decided by the bloodletter. If the bloodletter makes a mistake, the bloodletter can run away and reset the fight. If the other person makes the mistake, the bloodetter will chase you till the ends of the earth to punish you for that mistake. I'm a bloodletter main with 972 kills using the bloodletter, (Most kills are solo kills btw) and I wouldn't even be mad if it got a big nerf. This weapon is absolutely brainless and it's the most effective solo open world pvp weapon in the entire game."
    • Stardust968485 wrote:

Heavily disagree, while I do think that a single weapon (bloodletter) should not be dominant in so many forms of content, I strongly believe that all weapon trees should be viable in all forms of content.
      Nobody says to restrict content types to daggers. A high-damage get in-get out weapon tree should not be able to stick to targets like a sword or an axe. Daggers are a burst weapon, not a bruiser, and Q2 (deadly swipe) is a massive contributor.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • > "In albion online you are what you wear"
      > create diverse classless build creation
      > remove only viable assassin playstyle to create a sword clone but more damage
      > have a poorly blanced weapon tree for the next 3 years
      > try to commit to bruiser with demonfang, create another balancing mess

That was a bit exaggerated but you get the point

I'm a bit worried about upcoming frost rework regarding this because it looks way too similar to fire and I'm afraid the fun castspeed / Q2 builds will become subpar, but I guess we'll have to wait and see

Not every weapon tree needs to be good for ZvZ, 5v5, 1v1, and PvE at the same time, sure its nice to see some weapon diversity, but this is a classless game afterall, you aren't forced to exclusively main hammers and play them in corrputed dungeons
      ~ Kanra
    • Fabrizziou wrote:

so that's the dark origin of Q2?
      If my memory is not failing, it was introduced somewhere in queen, about half a year after solo dungeons started to be a thing. Daggers were very good at PvP, ganking and such, but they were underwhelming in PvE, since they did not have AoE damage apart from bloodletter E and chain slash at that time.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • With the upcoming 'MISTS' patch, it is prudent to once again bring this
      issue to a head. with Mists looking to become a solo battlefield,
      Bloodletter will absolutely dominate this new content, and for many
      classes and weapon trees they are likely to be excluded from even
      attempting to enter this new realm without Bloodletter's over powered
      execute being dealt with.

It can remain an execute class, and be utilized as a gathering weapon
      with a 20% execute rather than the 40% execute it now enjoys. This will
      bring it in line with other weapon classes, and allow cloth users and
      other magic using classes to enter 'MISTS' without simply knowing they
      are fodder for the Bloodletter brigade.

Stardust wrote very clearly and sagaciously about this issue in the other Bloodletter post which is again worth repeating here:

"In the open world, you can't really 1v1 a bloodletter.
      The fight is pretty much decided by the bloodletter. If the bloodletter
      makes a mistake, the bloodletter can run away and reset the fight. If
      the other person makes the mistake, the bloodetter will chase you till
      the ends of the earth to punish you for that mistake. I'm a bloodletter
      main with 972 kills using the bloodletter, (Most kills are solo kills
      btw) and I wouldn't even be mad if it got a big nerf. This weapon is
      absolutely brainless and it's the most effective solo open world pvp
      weapon in the entire game."

FIX THIS WEAPON NOW!

Halve it's execute potential from 40% to 20% before Mists arrives so
      that everyone can at least have a look at the new content.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Asheraxia ().

• As a reg spear roamer I'd rather skip bloodletter than fight him. Especially if it's a Cleric robe + Mage cowl + Thetford cape combo. It's disgustingly chase-heavy and high burst damage build. Thetford cape + Mage Cowl get your health down by 20-30% by a single AA. Yea I know, it's a glass cannon build, but it have 2 invulnerability in one kit: chain slash and cleric robe. That's a lot in 1v1 situation. The only downside of this build is lack of 1vX potential and nearly auto loose against sustain builds.
      Humble solo open world enjoyer. Adept of Spears.