How to escape from this insane dismount set?

• How to escape from this insane dismount set?

Hi guys, just now I was ganked by this Bear Paws set and got dismounted in one go. Here's what they did:
      • 2 gankers with the same set(I guess)
      • One guy dismounts before me just a bit, and after 5s, he pops boots skill which increases 75% MS and then axe W which increases another 40%. This will allow him to run a bit faster than my mount, 115% vs 110%. Then he uses E hitting me at the cone edge and slows my mount so he can outrun me totally and moves to the melee range. Then comes the Rending Raging, which dots and roots the poor boar. When the root ends, he finishes his job by throwing a poison.
      • At this point, my mount, an excellent boar with 1098 hp and 74% res has only 20% hp left. This means if he was using a mage cowl, I would have been dismounted already.
      • Don't forget the other ganker! He just needs to dismount at some point, do the same thing and my mount would be dead for 1.6 times!
      • I got purged immediately when I use my soldier boots(my bad). And yes, even battle bracers can't escape them because they are as mobile as you are, and they have dots and roots.

This is like a puzzle to me, but I can't figure out the answer by myself. Do you have any solution for this?

The post was edited 3 times, last by zzw00001 ().

• It's the same for every dismounting set in the game. Don't let them get ahead of yourself. Keep turning unexpectedly. If you see someone dismounted ahead of you & drive head first into them, usually you gonna get dismounted, doesn't matter what dismounting set he used.

That's said, if you are surrounded by blobs of gankers, sometimes it's just inevitable that you have to force your way through. Remember that this is last effort attempt, as you shouldn't get yourself into this situation in the first place.

There're several tips for you in this situation:
      1. Use correct transporting mount. There's only 2 mounts that's viable for transport: Frost Ram & Elite Wild Board. The first is on the cheaper & harder to catch, while the later has more carry weight.
      2. If you see someone ahead of you jumping off their mount, start counting 5 seconds. At exactly 5 sec, turn expectedly. 9 out of 10 when you do this, They will miss their most important spell. (Razor Cut on Bear Paw in your case). The direction in which you turn is depend on the situation. For your specific situation like this, at exactly 5 seconds, you turn 180 degree right back to the Bear Paws before resuming your original direction.
      As for Bear Paw's mobility, they are only fast if they can stick to you. Don't just wasting your mobility spell every time it's off cd, use it to create distance, that's way Bear Paws became much slower (because they can't use E, their W doens't give much speed anymore & the Q give 0 distance advantage)

Also, If you use it properly, there's currently nothing in this game that can catch a Battle Bracer, unless you are significantly outnumbered. Even double bladed staff cannot, despite being faster than Battle Bracer when escaping.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SpicyPepper ().

• SpicyPepper wrote:

There're several tips for you in this situation:
      1. Use correct transporting mount. There's only 2 mounts that's viable for transport: Frost Ram & Elite Wild Board. The first is on the cheaper & harder to catch, while the later has more carry weight.
      2. If you see someone ahead of you jumping off their mount, start counting 5 seconds. At exactly 5 sec, turn expectedly. 9 out of 10 when you do this, They will miss their most important spell. (Razor Cut on Bear Paw in your case). The direction in which you turn is depend on the situation. For your specific situation like this, at exactly 5 seconds, you turn 180 degree right back to the Bear Paws before resuming your original direction.

Thanks for the advice. I am glad I didn't transport cargoes today, so I just lost no more than 1 mil.

I am at the point where I can afford the T8 mount but I can't afford to lose one, so the elite boar is off the choice. Good to know frost ram tho, it's not that expensive and has a cool dash skill.

I do have the sense to do unexpected turn when the time is right, but this time these two gankers are pretty skilled and I am at the very center of the map when they chase me. So I guess some deaths are just inevitable.

I never imagined I could get dismounted so easily, normally it takes 4 or more people. But this guy almost manage to do it alone, and he can still improve by changing his cape and chest armor.
    • Reef wrote:

zzw00001 wrote:

2 gankers with the same set(I guess)
      Its simple - use scout friend in 4.0 set!Why do you think that solo player should be tougher than 2+ party of gankers?
      Scouts work with blobs, but you might not be able to locate a group of 2.

Why do you think ganking as an almost risk-free business should always succeed even in small groups and be rewarded with an ROI of above 5 or even 10? Like investing 500k gear to earn 3mil at least.
    • YeSer wrote:

With the combo u measure their skill are all in cd. Just use ur mobility and then boots to run and say noobs ganler after scape?
      Please note that my mount would be dead for 1.6 times, which means the second guy could easily dismount me and follow up with rending raging roots and bleeds. Then he could also instantly purge when I use my boots.

The first guy is also not far away, so it was chain roots and big damage.
    • zzw00001 wrote:

I do have the sense to do unexpected turn when the time is right, but this time these two gankers are pretty skilled and I am at the very center of the map when they chase me. So I guess some deaths are just inevitable.

I never imagined I could get dismounted so easily, normally it takes 4 or more people. But this guy almost manage to do it alone, and he can still improve by changing his cape and chest armor.
      Forcing your way through is last ditch resort. You should not put yourself in that situation in the first place.

Two dire wolves cannot force you into that situation even when you are on a T4 horse. It takes a lot of people to be able to surround you, but it only take one to take you down.

So for your specific situation, he didn't manage anything, you just got dismounted because you walked right into him.

Also, during my transports, there were times I got chased around by ganker blobs for almost an hours in circle between 3-4 maps. So being in the center of the map is no problem at all. It's how many people tagging you.

zzw00001 wrote:

One guy dismounts before me just a bit, and after 5s, he pops boots skill which increases 75% MS and then ...
      That's how you got dismounted.

zzw00001 wrote:

Please note that my mount would be dead for 1.6 times, which means the second guy could easily dismount me and follow up with rending raging roots and bleeds. Then he could also instantly purge when I use my boots.
      The first guy is also not far away, so it was chain roots and big damage.
      Again, the point is not letting him touch you in the first place, not tanking the damage from his weapon. Currently, there's no weapon in this game that can catch a galloping mount without you walking to him first.

You used to be able to catch galloping mount with some weapons with a very close window, but after they change dismounting & nerfing ganking weapons, it's not possible anymore.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Forcing your way through is last ditch resort. You should not put yourself in that situation in the first place.
      Two dire wolves cannot force you into that situation even when you are on a T4 horse. It takes a lot of people to be able to surround you, but it only take one to take you down.
      I have to admit that I was not very careful walking my way at the start. The first guy was the only one I saw, so I didn't take it seriously until the other guy circled around and appeared from the other direction and I was nowhere to run.

SpicyPepper wrote:

You used to be able to catch galloping mount with some weapons with a very close window, but after they change dismounting & nerfing ganking weapons, it's not possible anymore.
      I might be wrong, but is it possible to hit you with hunting shoes and bear paws if you are just using a T5 boar or T4 stag? Many poor players like me could only afford those mounts...
    • zzw00001 wrote:

Hi guys, just now I was ganked by this Bear Paws set and got dismounted in one go. Here's what they did:
      • 2 gankers with the same set(I guess)
      • One guy dismounts before me just a bit, and after 5s, he pops boots skill which increases 75% MS and then axe W which increases another 40%. This will allow him to run a bit faster than my mount, 115% vs 110%. Then he uses E hitting me at the cone edge and slows my mount so he can outrun me totally and moves to the melee range. Then comes the Rending Raging, which dots and roots the poor boar. When the root ends, he finishes his job by throwing a poison.
      • At this point, my mount, an excellent boar with 1098 hp and 74% res has only 20% hp left. This means if he was using a mage cowl, I would have been dismounted already.
      • Don't forget the other ganker! He just needs to dismount at some point, do the same thing and my mount would be dead for 1.6 times!
      • I got purged immediately when I use my soldier boots(my bad). And yes, even battle bracers can't escape them because they are as mobile as you are, and they have dots and roots.

This is like a puzzle to me, but I can't figure out the answer by myself. Do you have any solution for this?
      i fast mounts help to get a lot of distance between where u are and where they dismounted or mounts with immunity spell like terror bird or frost ram(too expensive tho) also try to find a cliff or a bunch of tree and go zig zag do they cant easily dismount u
      simpler but more effective advice: stay calm dont hyperventilate and faint so u cant think properly and run away
      if u die remember it is a game and is better than life somtimes
      u get 2nd chances
      always above 200k silver but spend money quick
      i suck at 1v1 pvp :thumbup:
    • zzw00001 wrote:

I might be wrong, but is it possible to hit you with hunting shoes and bear paws if you are just using a T5 boar or T4 stag? Many poor players like me could only afford those mounts...
      Nope. You have to have about 10 m advantage to be able to dismount a T4 horse (105% gallop speed), meaning that you gallop on a faster mount, then dismount 10m ahead of the T4 horse & the horse have to keep running to you.

Also, Bear Paw is not the best at doing this shit, it was 1 hand frost with double blink. But I'm not sure that's true anymore with the delayed on its new E.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Nope. You have to have about 10 m advantage to be able to dismount a T4 horse (105% gallop speed), meaning that you gallop on a faster mount, then dismount 10m ahead of the T4 horse & the horse have to keep running to you.
      Also, Bear Paw is not the best at doing this shit, it was 1 hand frost with double blink. But I'm not sure that's true anymore with the delayed on its new E.
      Trust me, he had only 5m advantage and still got me. Axe has a charge W too, 12m vs. frost staff 11m teleport. Don't foreget Bear Paws has a very large cone, it can be 8m long I assume, check this screenshot I get from a random Youtube video:

This means Bear Paws E can reach about 20m away(maybe it's 22, this is Avalon Road stairs, we can easily measure it). So with the charge, Bear Paws can reach 32m away by just using skills, but 5s gallop can only create 25-27m distance.

The most annoying thing is the bleed. It lasts 6s, meaning it will disable gallop for 6s and it's true damage. In my case, it was 46 damage per tick, 276 in total, and he can still increase that number by using hunter jacket.

That being said, bear paws is strong at its double bleeds and long reach.

Please check with your friends if bear paws can hit a t4 stag when using hunter shoes. Do it for science. :thumbup:

The post was edited 4 times, last by zzw00001 ().

• Very easy. Sound up. See a red target name plate on side of screen? Is the target dismounted or hear dismount? Turn and go back 180 directly where you came from. If there’s someone behind you that also dismounted. Go directly at a 90 degree from where you were originally.

Even with Grailseeker and max run boosts it will be incredibly hard / lucky for them to get to you to land a slow or root.

Your issue is with your approach, not the enemy. Trust me. Dismount and try to hit a PK in a yellow zone. It’s incredibly hard with the 5 second timer and requires a certain weapon and nearly all the CD’s being used. Honest to god, if they do this, and there’s only… you should probably fight him.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BurnsidePDX ().

• zzw00001 wrote:

Trust me, he had only 5m advantage and still got me. Axe has a charge W too, 12m vs. frost staff 11m teleport. Don't foreget Bear Paws has a very large cone, it can be 8m long I assume,
      When I said 10m it was an estimation. T4 horse gallop create 46m advantage in 8 seconds. Rush + Adrenaline Rush give 26 m advantage in 3 sec + 13m advantage from Razor Cut (6m jump + 7m cone range). By calculation Bear Paws need 7m advantage to be able to dismount a just T4 horse (higher tier horse means more distance required).
      And that's with Hunter shoes. Even more Distance is required when you use a different boots (most commonly royal sandals). As for how it's calculated like that, you can figure it out yourself.

zzw00001 wrote:

This means Bear Paws E can reach about 20m away. So with the charge, Bear Paws can reach 32m away by just using skills.
      Nope, that's wrong. There's animations. People walking while you jumping, they ain't rock. Razor Cut has 12m range but it's actually give you only ~ 6m advantage with the jump alone. adding another 7m range of the cone, it's sth around 13m.

zzw00001 wrote:

The most annoying thing is the bleed. It lasts 6s, meaning it will disable gallop for 6s and it's true damage. In my case, it was 46 damage per tick, 276 in total, and he can still increase that number by using hunter jacket.
      If you are still concerning yourself over the bleed, then I don't think anything I've said come through your ears. :D

zzw00001 wrote:

Please check with your friends if bear paws can hit a t4 stag when using hunter shoes. Do it for science.
      Don't be lazy, test it yourself if you want to know the exact distance.

In my case, on the other hand, I don't need to test sth I've already confirmed to the extent I felt necessary.

zzw00001 wrote:

Truth is, entering a RZ is the mistake, and everyone makes that mistake.
      This, I can agree with. Just skip red and go straight to black zones, don't waste your time any where else.

The right time to go BZ is right after you get your first flat T4 set.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SpicyPepper ().