Can we add some depth or shake up the meta a bit

• Can we add some depth or shake up the meta a bit

I am bored..

Either i play claymore broadsword, hit every mob with q, run with Lightspeed, protect my Merc jacket with iron will, scream in terror if I meet a spear on cripple but win cause of 3-4 reset most matchup - zero to low skill requirements

Or i use a Trinity, buff my q and press Autoattack, jump with E on the head of the enemy, spam more space..and put a i counter all W on, mostly currently cripple on start..and press my poison helm support in my AA

Or i use my Avalon fists, jump in, unload and knock the enemy sway before it can touch me, rinse repeat till won..

Or i use my Badon, stay out of range, go invis or knock on hit and shoot my E offscreen poking you to death..

Oh and all that while running in circles..

These are 90 % of the matchup because it seems impossible to shake up this meta..by our skillfully and beloved balance team..

Recently I played hallowfall, but healer panic is restarting because they did not fix knight boots fix on hallowfall..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trial_hard ().

• You could also re-define the meta.

The issue is that certain weapon trees have the common abilities that are consistently strong in CD 1v1 (swords/spears/bow/curse), where of the seven weapons within each tree at least one becomes a viable option. SBI in theory could swing the nerf hammer and ruin a weapon tree completely for nearly all content - frost - in order to appease CD players, but that is not palatable.
    • make other bow skills viable pls

you have made curse skills interesting and viable
      and i am sure frost and arcane will have epic changes too

so pls save bows too OH the Almigthy SBI Lord saviour
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • The_Support_God wrote:

make other bow skills viable pls

you have made curse skills interesting and viable
      and i am sure frost and arcane will have epic changes too

so pls save bows too OH the Almigthy SBI Lord saviour
      i think that all Q and all E fit - i use them all

The issue is CD Design for W

Everything that has no Mobility is trash, whatever it is as CD is pure mobility check with sword hallowfall gloves..

If there be after time a forced fight e.g. explosive and poison q would be much more popular
    • spears have reflecting spin as a viable option for burst
      impaler for poke
      harpoon for pull
      the cripple for anti swords
      and inner focus for meme one shot builds

gloves has mobility triple kick
      counter for poke match up
      devastating combo for DPS
      and passive that empowers usage of W

swords have long range Line root
      reflect
      mobility and anti purge + damage reduction
      and a on hit "Slow"

bow and frost need more viable W choices other then their sole mobility skill of frost blink or frost shot

#RiskVSRewardCult

• The_Support_God wrote:

spears have reflecting spin as a viable option for burst
      impaler for poke
      harpoon for pull
      the cripple for anti swords
      and inner focus for meme one shot builds

gloves has mobility triple kick
      counter for poke match up
      devastating combo for DPS
      and passive that empowers usage of W

swords have long range Line root
      reflect
      mobility and anti purge + damage reduction
      and a on hit "Slow"

bow and frost need more viable W choices other then their sole mobility skill of frost blink or frost shot
      that was before - but speed shot original Version was great - u targeted a bunny, pressed in full run the shot crazy range and would potentially catch a today sword..speed shot gave a shitload of movement speed on short CD
    • Stardust968485 wrote:

I think the meta will be shaken up once they rework the frost and arcane staves. So, all you gotta do is stop whining like babies and simply wait for a mere 7 months
      THat would be crap - if arcane and frost can beat / are stronger than sword / gloves / trinity & hallowfall then good luck for all the non meta.

Then u can right away start rework holy nature curse & fire and the rest
    • Trial_hard wrote:

Stardust968485 wrote:

I think the meta will be shaken up once they rework the frost and arcane staves. So, all you gotta do is stop whining like babies and simply wait for a mere 7 months
      THat would be crap - if arcane and frost can beat / are stronger than sword / gloves / trinity & hallowfall then good luck for all the non meta.
      Then u can right away start rework holy nature curse & fire and the rest
      To be honest I think that the hardest weapons to play should be the strongest, and I'm hoping these two weapon trees will be it
    • frost players in CD is quite rare now
      the chances of seeing a sword / spear is higher

frost Has strong damage on Q and mobility on part with bow
      but relies heavily on cast speed to the point where most viable SOLO frost builds are always almost glass cannons

unlike bow with Range and the fire and forget. frost has to Get into "Range" and enjoy that super long cast time
      hence they are not as popular as bow/sword/spears which has a more crisp/responsive gameplay

#RiskVSRewardCult

• The_Support_God wrote:

frost players in CD is quite rare now
      the chances of seeing a sword / spear is higher

frost Has strong damage on Q and mobility on part with bow
      but relies heavily on cast speed to the point where most viable SOLO frost builds are always almost glass cannons

unlike bow with Range and the fire and forget. frost has to Get into "Range" and enjoy that super long cast time
      hence they are not as popular as bow/sword/spears which has a more crisp/responsive gameplay
      i actually find frost not UP - Numero uno slayer is actually frost

What I hate on frost is, that i have to use AOE like smite.

If I use a ping enhancer i have way better win rate vs fast moving builds.

Holy frost & in some way nature suffer in general from latency

0.2 vs 0.05 seconds mean a lot in small AOEs cast on the ground

On the other hand I like it that it's skill shot and not brain dead button smash with locked target

Potentially - for instanced content it would be best to have 3-4 server locations around the world but that's probably too much effort