Details about the Extraordinary Maintenance and Consequences for Abusing Exploits

• Details about the Extraordinary Maintenance and Consequences for Abusing Exploits

Hello everyone,

During today's early downtime, we identified and resolved an issue with Patch 2 that introduced a bug, whereby a handful of players generated more silver than they should have otherwise been able to.

Fortunately, this was reported and caught early so no damage was caused to the game’s economy. The player that reported the bug to us upon discovery will receive a reward from us as thanks for helping to catch the bug.

The handful of players that were found to have exploited this bug have had the silver generated removed from their accounts, and players who abused the bug have been banned either temporarily or permanently, depending on the severity of the abuse and the amount of silver that was fraudulently obtained.

As already clarified in prior situations, we cannot tolerate the abuse of bugs. Exploiting this bug is considered a breach of our Terms & Conditions under section 15.5.4:

“Compelling reasons include for example (without limitation):
      • If the User is engaged in cheating, use of bots, financial fraud or severe abuse of bugs.

For clarification: simply using silver bags did not activate this bug, and no one has been punished simply for opening bags. Punishment has only been handed out to people who purposefully abused the bug to gain MORE silver than what their silver bags should have been worth.

We apologize for the unexpected maintenance that was necessary to deal with this issue quickly.

Sincerely, Nesnes & Dev Team
    • What about the players who used generated silver to buy stuff on markets and hide what they bought in a confusion. Specially in cases of high value purchases, skins that are worth billions, or resist potions that are being sold for 50m silver each.

SBI should clearly look into market history of last 24 hours and reverse any skin purchase.

Even on plot real estate market I see 1 plot being sold to a random account that's unknown.

What about looted items. I could imagine someone could transmute 100s of stacks of 8.3 resources on alt, suicide and loot himself with main character.

Please be sure to track "washed" silver.
    • MSSJ wrote:

What about the players who used generated silver to buy stuff on markets and hide what they bought in a confusion. Specially in cases of high value purchases, skins that are worth billions, or resist potions that are being sold for 50m silver each.

SBI should clearly look into market history of last 24 hours and reverse any skin purchase.

Even on plot real estate market I see 1 plot being sold to a random account that's unknown.

What about looted items. I could imagine someone could transmute 100s of stacks of 8.3 resources on alt, suicide and loot himself with main character.

hence the bans...

pretty sure regarding the plot sold, that's just another alt of a member of the cartel like they've always had to "fake" the show of new competition showing up.

and normally doing ban evasion equals a perm ban too.

Oh and normally if an account is banned, all alts from same devices/ip are banned too at minimum if i recall what i've seen from people not being "smart" when doing obvious dumb shit.
    • MSSJ wrote:

What about the players who used generated silver to buy stuff on markets and hide what they bought in a confusion. Specially in cases of high value purchases, skins that are worth billions, or resist potions that are being sold for 50m silver each.

The players affected had all the silver that was fraudulently obtained removed. We did make sure that none of the silver that was obtained through the bug was used for anything.
    • Hello, an friend from my alliance told me 1 member of his party was doing this bug, and he was in party with a lot of ppl, and they clicked on chest to see what happen, but was not doing the bug, just looking they friends exploiting the bug... but everyone in party was banned.
      Can you revise this specific case?
      Of course they can be lying to me, but they told me that really just 1 player was doing this shit :(
    • Gallact wrote:

Hello, an friend from my alliance told me 1 member of his party was doing this bug, and he was in party with a lot of ppl, and they clicked on chest to see what happen, but was not doing the bug, just looking they friends exploiting the bug... but everyone in party was banned.
      Can you revise this specific case?
      Of course they can be lying to me, but they told me that really just 1 player was doing this shit :(

They will need to contact the Support Team via Support@albiononline.com if they wish to appeal their bans/suspensions.

~ Friendly Neighborhood Wizard
    • Nesnes wrote:

Hello everyone,

During today's early downtime, we identified and resolved an issue with Patch 2 that introduced a bug, whereby a handful of players generated more silver than they should have otherwise been able to.

Fortunately, this was reported and caught early so no damage was caused to the game’s economy. The player that reported the bug to us upon discovery will receive a reward from us as thanks for helping to catch the bug.

The handful of players that were found to have exploited this bug have had the silver generated removed from their accounts, and players who abused the bug have been banned either temporarily or permanently, depending on the severity of the abuse and the amount of silver that was fraudulently obtained.

As already clarified in prior situations, we cannot tolerate the abuse of bugs. Exploiting this bug is considered a breach of our Terms & Conditions under section 15.5.4:

“Compelling reasons include for example (without limitation):
      • If the User is engaged in cheating, use of bots, financial fraud or severe abuse of bugs.

For clarification: simply using silver bags did not activate this bug, and no one has been punished simply for opening bags. Punishment has only been handed out to people who purposefully abused the bug to gain MORE silver than what their silver bags should have been worth.

We apologize for the unexpected maintenance that was necessary to deal with this issue quickly.

Sincerely, Nesnes & Dev Team
      Thanks a lot for clarifying the necessity for that extraordinary maintenance and for sharing the results of your actions taken during that time.