Congratulations on Super Claymore Meta

• Trial_hard wrote:

As given by feedback it was predicted that claymore will get from meta to super meta..

Mission accomplished - feedback ignored

WHy, just Why???
      I play a lot of Claymore and I agree that it is super popular but I am not sure its META (Most Effective Tactics Available)? Agree that the BroadSword and Spear nerf meant we were getting way more Claymores. Many trinity players I know made the transition.

But look at the matchups:

Fire is a bad matchup straight up. You will die before getting a 2nd E off.
      Bow is an even match at best. Good bows are impossible to catch
      Curse is an even fight. Even more so now that Grudge got buffed.
      Spear is a bad matchup thanks to cripple.
      Gloves are a really bad matchup.
      1H Axe on battle rush will murder you.

Claymore is also played by a lot of newer players which honestly arent hard to beat, and given that Claymore is a glass cannon, you just lose if you make a single mistake.
    • there are two weapons with highest amount of counters on E, one is claymore and second one is one handed cursed staff. Claymores power and viability is cant even compete to broadsword at all. (even with nerfed vers) I am being stuck at 1m infamy with claymore meanwhile when i switch to broad i go up to 10m fastly.

to summary, claymore is a lot (literally a lot) counters. and not that powerful against high skilled player.

( i stayed as rank 1 with claymore for a long time, and have all specs maxed on swords so this informations are not from thoughts but from experience.)
      quit the game because of lack of content for solo players///11.07.2022

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sorutkan ().

• Sorutkan wrote:

there are two weapons with highest amount of counters on E, one is claymore and second one is one handed cursed staff. Claymores power and viability is cant even compete to broadsword at all. (even with nerfed vers) I am being stuck at 1m infamy with claymore meanwhile when i switch to broad i go up to 10m fastly.

to summary, claymore is a lot (literally a lot) counters. and not that powerful against high skilled player.

( i stayed as rank 1 with claymore for a long time, and have all specs maxed on swords so this informations are not from thoughts but from experience.)
      Well we had a meta of BSword, Claymore, trinity, various gloves on A-Tier

I agree that all changes to these were more or less pointless and cosmetics - nothing to really touch the meta.

But - BS got E nerf, Trinity got AA Nerv, BS got indirect nerf via Taproot. Gloves was cosmetics touched via forcefield.

The only meta of these untouched was claymore.

But as the changes was more or less pathetic i predicted claymore on S tier.

Nevertheless, if claymore is A Tier + or S tier while BS is still STier+ is in my eyes a valid discussion.

The only true conclusion is, the balance patch was hot garbage in terms of changing the meta...

The only thing that will touch the meta is hallowfall - but i said before it needs knight boots treatment.

I just wonder why we always wait months for some completely garbage changes - actually changing nothing.

Why then do it at all???
    • claymore is meta and its being abused since its easy free money.
      Anything thats to strong will get abused. In the end albion is albion anyone will want to win.

Definetly need some nerfs to claymore and some buffs to weapons whit low mobility. Bow, fire,frost (especialy a rework for frost players whit high ping). Those weapons feel kinda weak open world or in cd. Compare to other meta weapons.