State of the Red Zones

• State of the Red Zones

(this is a response to another poster who says ganking is OP and needs to be nerfed for context)

Hi, my name is Stormlord and i have been a antiganker for years in Albion.

I came back recently.

As it stands i believe that both Ganking and Antiganking have some increasingly serious issues

Ganking

- The Gate Camp - these guys sit at a gate and run if anyone tries to counter them. this requires low skill and can generate high reward. The Solution would be a flagged interruptible channel if in combat near gates in order to leave. its has even spread too faction.

- Whalers - Guys who ran max IP to simply delete low IP players in both small and large teams. Don't mind the small teams as much but the way they run every time an actual fight kicks off smells of rat to me. rats can be rich too. Solution would be a IP cap if a low IP is being rekt by a high IP ESP multiple

- Naked spies - also a blue issue - solution? find and report.

- The Cartels - they run all of the above and industrialise the process by spending hours locking down zones which the RZ can ill afford. I have no solution for this other then a mech that triggers royal guards to dump a whole zone of flagged past a certin point which would be drastic

Antiganking and the Blue Swarm

Firstly i would like to clarify there is a clear difference between the two that the ganker cartels refuse to acknowledge in order to continue too demonise AGs. I dubb the blue swarm as cbam/cabam players (Content by any means) and are the same people gate camping, zvz looting and ratting. A antiganker is a dedicated guard or force that provides security to allow clean flow through the zones. While ganking ourselves is discouraged it increasingly has been needed to allow for risk to return too the red zones. We are very few in number as it is a playstyle that can be unrewarding and relentless.

the tdlr is = Blue Swarm <-> Antiganker <-> Ganker

- Blue Swarm - this issue is a good one to have but has gone too far. Fights rabidly turn into clean ups as the death markers act as a beacons for rats to swarm the conflict for easy loot. Both antiganker and gankers lose out from this. Solution - Remove Skulls, remove blue rep bonus to only glorious and nerf the neg rep damage from kills, introduce a fog of war so people don't have the chance to build numbers. As this has not happened i have been forced to use the AOS nuke. the aos report is meant to be used against gate gamps and larger more problematic groups to force a zvz. i have seen rare need to use it now other then to say a zone is clear.

- loot rats - these guy straight up do not engage in pvp and just chase bodies. solution - lock the bodies to the player that does the most damage (i wouldn't even trust groups at this point as the rats have no problem grouping up)

Summery - the issue with many of these posts is that they are posted from a point of view that is one sided and normaly after they are far to hostile after bieng ganked

Ganking. is. apart. of. the. game.

Not only that its also one of the main draw cards and has been here since the inception. You do not have to leave the blue and a number of other options are catered to you such as the entire yellow zone. the reason the items your were transporting were worth so much in the first place is because of the risk the pvp zones generate.

AOS does not care about the yellow zone gankers that drag you into the red - that is on you as yellow should have risk too.

<3 storm
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      trades- services - artists - land rentals
      join today!

discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN

The post was edited 3 times, last by Stormlord ().

• Stormlord wrote:

(this is a response to another poster who says ganking is OP and needs to be nerfed for context)

Hi, my name is Stormlord and i have been a antiganker for years in Albion.

I came back recently.

As it stands i believe that both Ganking and Antiganking have some increasingly serious issues

Ganking

- The Gate Camp - these guys sit at a gate and run if anyone tries to counter them. this requires low skill and can generate high reward. The Solution would be a flagged interruptible channel if in combat near gates in order to leave. its has even spread too faction.

- Whalers - Guys who ran max IP to simply delete low IP players in both small and large teams. Don't mind the small teams as much but the way they run every time an actual fight kicks off smells of rat to me. rats can be rich too. Solution would be a IP cap if a low IP is being rekt by a high IP ESP multiple

- Naked spies - also a blue issue - solution? find and report.

- The Cartels - they run all of the above and industrialise the process by spending hours locking down zones which the RZ can ill afford. I have no solution for this other then a mech that triggers royal guards to dump a whole zone of flagged past a certin point which would be drastic

Antiganking and the Blue Swarm

Firstly i would like to clarify there is a clear difference between the two that the ganker cartels refuse to acknowledge in order to continue too demonise AGs. I dubb the blue swarm as cbam/cabam players (Content by any means) and are the same people gate camping, zvz looting and ratting. A antiganker is a dedicated guard or force that provides security to allow clean flow through the zones. While ganking ourselves is discouraged it increasingly has been needed to allow for risk to return too the red zones. We are very few in number as it is a playstyle that can be unrewarding and relentless.

the tdlr is = Blue Swarm <-> Antiganker <-> Ganker

- Blue Swarm - this issue is a good one to have but has gone too far. Fights rabidly turn into clean ups as the death markers act as a beacons for rats to swarm the conflict for easy loot. Both antiganker and gankers lose out from this. Solution - Remove Skulls, remove blue rep bonus to only glorious and nerf the neg rep damage from kills, introduce a fog of war so people don't have the chance to build numbers. As this has not happened i have been forced to use the AOS nuke. the aos report is meant to be used against gate gamps and larger more problematic groups to force a zvz. i have seen rare need to use it now other then to say a zone is clear.

- loot rats - these guy straight up do not engage in pvp and just chase bodies. solution - lock the bodies to the player that does the most damage (i wouldn't even trust groups at this point as the rats have no problem grouping up)

Summery - the issue with many of these posts is that they are posted from a point of view that is one sided and normaly after they are far to hostile after bieng ganked

Ganking. is. apart. of. the. game.

Not only that its also one of the main draw cards and has been here since the inception. You do not have to leave the blue and a number of other options are catered to you such as the entire yellow zone. the reason the items your were transporting were worth so much in the first place is because of the risk the pvp zones generate.

AOS does not care about the yellow zone gankers that drag you into the red - that is on you as yellow should have risk too.

<3 storm
      Unbiased and accurate :thumbsup: Lots of things need balancing that are too connected to just take one side on.
    • Stormlord wrote:

Thisaoplayer wrote:

Yea, Faction Warfare is outganking gankers atm, but.. isn't Caerleon Faction there for gankers?

:!:
      its a free for all, most gankers dont want to fight, just free shit
      Caerleon Faction is there for who wants to randomly gank/loot.

What players are justnot complaining about, is that they can't freely murder players anymore.

Albion Online is attracting the strangest characters/personalities.

:/
      Get lost in The Roads of Avalon.
    • Thisaoplayer wrote:

Stormlord wrote:

Thisaoplayer wrote:

Yea, Faction Warfare is outganking gankers atm, but.. isn't Caerleon Faction there for gankers?

:!:
      its a free for all, most gankers dont want to fight, just free shit
      Caerleon Faction is there for who wants to randomly gank/loot.
      What players are justnot complaining about, is that they can't freely murder players anymore.

Albion Online is attracting the strangest characters/personalities.

:/
      And therein lies the conflict Ao, cutting off the trade lines too the city kills the cities ability to actually supply the pvpers in the first place. This combined with the central location it creates a environment for many who would not ever identify with the ganker lifestyle participating and creating a larger and larger wave of animosity.

And no one can match you for strangeness AO, I wouldn't dream of competing.

;)
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      join today!

discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN
    • Thisaoplayer wrote:

Currently the BZ is turning in to red zones.

So much zvzing going on there..

Red is the blood of the pk'ed players of course.

:saint:
      wherin lies the issue

the BZ should be like the RZ while the RZ should be like the former BZ

A stepping ladder increasing in difficulty and protecting new player from smurfs (players who strike down for the lols or easy loot)
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      join today!

discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN
    • There is no stepping stone or learning curve in full-loot pvp.

Players are allowed to make same mistakes again.

And Make the same mistakes again.

There is no improvement, only encouragement to get looted again.

Warfare and pvp are different things.

The devs and your tier level decide if you survive or not.

t1 vs t8 no matter what, you never win it.

:huh:
      Get lost in The Roads of Avalon.
    • Thisaoplayer wrote:

There is no stepping stone or learning curve in full-loot pvp.

Players are allowed to make same mistakes again.

And Make the same mistakes again.

There is no improvement, only encouragement to get looted again.

Warfare and pvp are different things.

The devs and your tier level decide if you survive or not.

t1 vs t8 no matter what, you never win it.

:huh:
      Of course AO ;)
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      join today!

discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN