Dagger Class Uses Too Much Mana - Melee

• its about Game balance

Take Q 2 for example deadly swipe
      it is used as a small dodge and reposition tool on top of some small damage

but people abuse it as a pure mobility tool on par with something like frost shot

then we talk about one shot potential
      daggers on average when built full damage can easily one tap any targets without defensives

to counter this dagger's mana pool is limited to 2 rotations before forcing to reset or invest in 1 mana item to keep going
      which seems unfair at first until you take into account time it takes to deal that huge damage with something like sword or axe

1h dagger can one combo with royal helm. they have HP degen when E is up
      Dual dagger is famous of one shoting targets. dual daggers is not popular in open world due to mobiliy meta but in instanced aka arena or objective driven gameplay being able to one shot a healer means team wipes
      then we have blood letter. while blood letter can 1v1 or 1vX there has to be a point where they run out of mana or the 40% execute would be too strong hence mana problems to slow down blood letter brawling potential
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • If axes can play on insanely high mana costs, so can other clases. I am wearing scholar cowl or lymhurst cape in every build. You have the wrong build for what you are trying to do.

I like the way high mana weapons are balanced. It is better for a weapon to have strong skills and use a lot of mana than to have weaker skills that can be mindlessly spammed. So instead of reducing mana costs I would rather see a damage increase if the weapon is to weak.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

• SBI rarely make mana problems/adjustments for weapons unless they are really needed for a specific reason

the only few times SBI made mana problems is when holy Q 3 was changed without mana being adjusted and great holy E consume no mana

those 2 are the only times i remember where mana made a huge difference in battles

#RiskVSRewardCult

• Illidan wrote:

Use mana potions?
      I've run into no issues.
      Mana potions are good if someone is just running like a chicken, but in a close fight, like against a bow for example, it will get you killed for sure.

The issue is the dagger used to use almost no mana, then it was nerfed, and people cried that it wasn't enough, so it was nerfed yet again. The mana on the dagger Q was definitely over-nerfed, especially considering a bow not even using energetic will easily run you out of mana. If you compare the mobility/mana usage of a dagger to that of a bow, something is clearly wrong.
    • most of this mobility Q have long cooldowns/ huge mana costs to offset the advantages
      wargloves Q choices,
      dagger Q,
      quaterstaffs Q

or conditional hits to get the move speed
      axe Q3
      swords need to hit target

#RiskVSRewardCult

• The only mobile Q that makes sense is actually tank weapons, it requires the ability to go IN and the OUT option but weapons as an assassin/brawler should never have mobility, so what if you lose 90% of your life if you can reset the fight/run anyway.
      what long cd and mana burn have gloves ? and BL ? if you are not a total idiot you will never be OOM, even if you lym cape and go on.