Meta CD Translation "Into the Frey 2"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Meta CD Translation "Into the Frey 2"

First off, there is basically 2 changes affecting the meta. Spear Auto AA reduced by 4% and broadsword E slightly reduced.

Translation Into Metachange CD- minor

Result Trinity, Broadsword will remain S-Tier meta but claymore as it is S-Tier meta will get even more popular as competition Broadsword and trinity get a cosmetic nerf.

Personal Opinion: A really bad approach, it doesn't change much, and it increases an already super popular no skill claymore meta.

Forcefield Change translation into meta.

Forcefield was used for 3 things, hit run engage disengage & play with environment traps, plus defensive vs swords and spears.

Result for sword trinity defensive use: will further increase this meta as 12 meters with full heroic stacks and AA range of spears is now too less to do any defence on this it was already not that effective vs this builds . So further pushing an almost incredible meta of spear and swords..

Result for trap play / kick into hooker: slightly nerved, but not game changing will still work.

Hit and run builds, e.g. gloves: slight change but overall kit will compensate. But a slight nerf to gloves and grail seeker etc but not game changing.

Personal Opinion: i would have put it to 9 meters to tackle hit & run.

Nature changes for solo pvp:
      The change to increase thorns damage is potentially right, but it is wrong to do it that way. The current issue of thorns is, way too less damage but the bigger issue is, totally easy to avoid. It is really not fast enough to affect enemy or get away especially in OW

Personal Opinion: the more important change on thorns to change it from super garbage to just garbage is increase the cast speed and reduce Standtime at least by 50%.

Overall opinion of the changes for the meta of CD.

Patch will increase claymore meta which is trash as it is full meta. The changes are way too cosmetics for the frequency the patches happen. If this be the weekly balance adaption I would not rate it that bad as i do ATM as it shows at least someone looked at meta data of e.g. murderer and understood what current meta is.
      But changes are too small, and further increasing claymore meta from S tier to S-Tier+ is really hard to understand.

Recommendation to do it right:

1) undo all sword changes
      2) put heroic on 9 per stack
      3) cut spear AA Bost range q by 15%
      4) reduce spear Lifeleech under AA boost
      5) increase trinity E CD by 5 seconds
      6) increase claymore E by 3 seconds CD

Then you will see these S tier builds become A tier builds.

7) then put forcefield knock on 9 meter

This will touch all hit and run

And suddenly u have a new meta of lots of A tier builds but no S-Tier and STier + shit

The post was edited 2 times, last by Trial_hard ().

• or buff every other weapon to match spear and swords

ahem bow line mainly
      frost line (rework soon)
      crossbow line (fallen bit out of touch)
      revert fire staff Q1 nerf (at least give back base damage)

curse is surprising balanced
      Revert Hit and run passive changes and we are set to have a balanced cursed staff
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • The_Support_God wrote:

or buff every other weapon to match spear and swords

ahem bow line mainly
      frost line (rework soon)
      crossbow line (fallen bit out of touch)
      revert fire staff Q1 nerf (at least give back base damage)

curse is surprising balanced
      Revert Hit and run passive changes and we are set to have a balanced cursed staff
      well i play since 5 days solemnly various bows..

War bow, undead arrows, Badon - i play all on same gear. Assa chest, mage chowl, HP Regen boots - CD food & heal pot..

Result is pretty crazy. This is the perfect counter for sword and spear. All bows mentioned perform like crazy. Frost kbockback is super effective vs current sword & spear meta..

As long as we have this meta bow is strong AF

Regbow, undead bow war bow & Badon ...
    • rework the damn mage cowl, the dumbest item in the entire game, 1 autoattack 1k DMG every 26 seconds

"Enchant a weapon with a powerful spell deal 200 dmg for each autoattack number of enchanted attacks 5".

boom fixed, 8578475 so many weapons will become playable, there will be 857485 counter plays and responses.
    • Quagga wrote:

rework the damn mage cowl, the dumbest item in the entire game, 1 autoattack 1k DMG every 26 seconds

"Enchant a weapon with a powerful spell deal 200 dmg for each autoattack number of enchanted attacks 5".

boom fixed, 8578475 so many weapons will become playable, there will be 857485 counter plays and responses.
      550 damage i think ..1 k is not real
    • Quagga wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

550 damage i think ..1 k is not real
      yea, flat dmg is 550 after spec etc is 1k+ before resists..
      But still how stupid this item is is beyond words, how hard it is to outplay auto attack where everyone plays with different ping, desync and auto attacks from narnia is a daily thing.
      the funny thing is, I have mage chowl in 90% of all my builds.

It makes PvE easy..with poison..

And it gives u a free reset with reset with forcefield on initial check in pvp..
    • The_Support_God wrote:

here is the thing the only viable skill is frost shot multi shot
      that's rubbish.

I faced in these roughly 35 fights i just did with bow 2 nature, one great nature one blight.

In these fights i start of course with frost knock for a free gear check. One of the biggest power of bows.

But vs these 2 i do a free skill change and load poison, poison, poison (potion, head, q skill) use my undead arrows on full power with piercing passive and the nature dies within 10 seconds..

Of course u have to go all in.

I had statistics of 34:1 with bows. 30 win, 4 crystal brakes, 1 loss.

The loss was vs hallowfall, which i said during test phase is insane strong and needs a knight boots treatment for E skill. But unfortunately they are all deaf.

But in current meta if u play careful bow is insane strong.

By the way, the 4 crystal breaks was vs gloves, as these are completely unbalanced at high IP. But unfortunately they deaf on this, too.

But bow is crazy strong in a spear / sword meta as it is the counter.
    • IMO:

Poison (Mage cowl)
      • Reworked the ability
        • Gives 3 charges of poison, each consumed on basic attack, applies a DoT effect on the target (stacks up to 3 times)
        • Damage per tick: 39.93 -> 10
        • DoT duration: 5s
        • Charge duration: 15s
      Damage if you use 3 within 1s of eachother: 199.7 -> 180 (min damage)
      Damage if you wait 4s between re-application: 199.7 -> 270 (max damage)

benefits spacing time between applications, reduces hit-and-run value, allows for more counterplay dropping DoTs and purging the charges
      ~ Kanra
    • on the topic of the classic CD weapons
      just some thoughts:

Charge (Claymore):
      • the cast time is now interruptable
      • Cast time: 0.4s -> 0.5s
      vulnerable to interruption when in close range, more outplay potential
      would also be beneficial for the 2v2 meta

Spectral Trident (Trinity Spear):
      • Attackspeed buff: 100% -> 50%
      • Removed Cast speed buff
      • Removed CC immunity (can be interrupted)
      • Dash speed: 12 -> 24
      • Added damage buff: 20%
      Melee buff focused, damage buff very beneficial for ZvZ and bombsquads, probably needs lots of tuning numbers
      can now be interrupted, sped up dash to compensate (1s -> 0.5s of animation time)

or

• Reworked the ability
        • Throw your spear into the air, rooting enemies in a 3m at the target location, and creating a magic area with an 7m radius which lasts for 5s
      • Cast speed buff: 30% -> 50%
      • Movespeed buff: 50% -> 25%
      • Cooldown: 30s -> 25s
      basically an AoE scholar robe, valuable in caster-heavy team comps and ZvZ / bombsquad (brimstone, mistpiercer, etc.)
      lowered attack and movespeed to reduce autoattack and mobility pressure
      could lower cooldown to make it more viable in smaller scale (5v5?)
      ~ Kanra
    • Kanra.zip wrote:

on the topic of the classic CD weapons
      just some thoughts:

Charge (Claymore):

Melee buff focused, damage buff very beneficial for ZvZ and bombsquads, probably needs lots of tuning numbers
      can now be interrupted, sped up dash to compensate (1s -> 0.5s of animation time)

or

• Reworked the ability
        • Throw your spear into the air, rooting enemies in a 3m at the target location, and creating a magic area with an 7m radius which lasts for 5s
      basically an AoE scholar robe, valuable in caster-heavy team comps and ZvZ / bombsquad (brimstone, mistpiercer, etc.)
      no no lets make claymore aoe dash just like daybreaker so we can have a solo open world sword!!!
      quit the game because of lack of content for solo players///11.07.2022
    • Sorutkan wrote:

Kanra.zip wrote:

on the topic of the classic CD weapons
      just some thoughts:

Charge (Claymore):

or

• Reworked the ability
      no no lets make claymore aoe dash just like daybreaker so we can have a solo open world sword!!!
      we already have this - check carving
    • Kanra.zip wrote:

Removed CC immunity (can be interrupted)
      absolute trash
      it will be even worse than dual swords leap, the animation is very long even if u shorten it, 0.5 sec is still pretty reactable (and the animation will look weird lul)
      I only would remove the damage i-frame

also for spectral trident I could sugest a single AoE buff, not a persistent area buff

like u jump to the target position and buff all allies on area for a pretty long time
      this will make it very vulnerable to purge tho

alos ur second suggestion for trinity sounds interesting imo
      Battle Bracers supremacy

The post was edited 5 times, last by Fabrizziou ().

• Kanra.zip wrote:

can now be interrupted.
      its double nerfed. remove the cc immunity and the i-frame, and any dash without cc immunity in AO is trash. its really bugged with the latency... they just made u travel back with skill that has cced you 1 sec before.

iMO: remove the dash from trinity. it's too much thing in one skill. throw the trident to get the buff .... it's a trinity should have same ability to throw it.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

1) undo all sword changes
      2) put heroic on 9 per stack
      3) cut spear AA Bost range q by 15%
      4) reduce spear Lifeleech under AA boost
      5) increase trinity E CD by 5 seconds
      6) increase claymore E by 3 seconds CD
      too much. will kill weapons completely.

2) put heroic move speed on 9 per stack
      3) cut spear AA Boost range q by 15%
      4) remove invul on E weapons (claymore, trinity, mace)
    • your meta CD translation here.

Dont try to make healer viable for 1v1
      For the rest.
      I dont think heroic charge should be nerfed, the only problem is pre stacking. with heroic charge nerfed sword will be garbage.
      Trinity really needs a nerf, the range Q2 nerf is a really good idea, you cant have that range with that auto attack damage it's too strong.

The post was edited 1 time, last by fareuei ().

• nerfing swords passive will delete sword from every content btw. Just rework corrupteds. The strong thing is not swords or spears, its prestacking mech.

like try to play broad-claymore-one handed spear without prestacking and you will feel even underpowered in CD's already (against kite and mage line weapons generally, will be insanely balanced against meele matchups) . These weapons lines are not even strong and you guys still want more nerf for these weapons... Thats gross. Just change the garbage CD'S just like hellgates and everythink will be fine.
      quit the game because of lack of content for solo players///11.07.2022

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sorutkan ().