Why are 1v1s such a hard concept?

    • Combat Balance
    • Why are 1v1s such a hard concept?

      There needs to be a system in place to protect solo players from groups. If I'm actively fighting someone, no one else should be allowed to engage until one of us is dead. I should be allowed to have a fighting chance when ambushed in the middle of a fight.

      For solo players or groups of 1, make it so there can only be one actively engaged combatant within a certain area or time period at a time. If a group of 3 falls on me, make them all wait and take turns like we're in an epic kung fu movie from the 70s.

      The amount of cheese in this game is frustrating, discouraging and frankly boring. I don't want to have to be part of a 7-15 man group in order to engage in open world combat. Being one player out of a dozen isn't interesting to me.

      Give me the option of taking them one at a time and to come out on top.
    • New

      There is plenty 1v1 content out there. Yes it is annoying when you are in what appears to be a fair fight, then others come to help your opponent, but it is going to happen and should not be altered. You fell for it (so have I btw) and you move on and hope the next fight is actually a fair one. Changing the mechanics so you can't be attack while you are in a fight, that would ruin several other mechanics in place in the game now.
    • New

      trancix wrote:

      There needs to be a system in place to protect solo players from groups. If I'm actively fighting someone, no one else should be allowed to engage until one of us is dead. I should be allowed to have a fighting chance when ambushed in the middle of a fight.

      For solo players or groups of 1, make it so there can only be one actively engaged combatant within a certain area or time period at a time. If a group of 3 falls on me, make them all wait and take turns like we're in an epic kung fu movie from the 70s.

      The amount of cheese in this game is frustrating, discouraging and frankly boring. I don't want to have to be part of a 7-15 man group in order to engage in open world combat. Being one player out of a dozen isn't interesting to me.

      Give me the option of taking them one at a time and to come out on top.
      Dumb idea, this is an MMORPG not some single player game. You want to solo all you want you can; you just have to know the risks when you roam around by yourself. Why should you be "allowed" extra privileges when fighting groups because you're by yourself? When I got home invaded by 7 thug lifes did I ask them to fight me 1vs1 and take their turns because it isn't fair? Gimme a break....and before you say it (some smart ass probably will try) I know it's a fucking game and not IRL. However the analogy stays the same regardless.
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Jerek ().

    • New

      Jerek wrote:

      When I got home invaded by 7 thug lifes did I ask them to fight me 1vs1 and take their turns because it isn't fair? Gimme a break....
      In that scenario I would do just that. Ask them each to fight me 1v1. I know full well they aren't going to accept that offer, but at least I showed I wasn't scared of any of them individually, and maybe it makes at least one of them leave feeling like crap for what they just did.

      Then I would keep a mental list of each one of them, and any time I find one of them alone, kick his ass. Like in the movie 'Diner'. If you're not old, you probably have no idea what I am talking about, but in that movie, one of the main characters got his ass kicked by an entire softball team when he was younger, and over the years found the guys 1 by 1 and got his revenge.

      As for fair fights in Albion. There are plenty ways to get fair 1v1 fights, but yeah, this idea from the OP is just not what this game is about at all.
    • New

      Blenfjorn wrote:

      Jerek wrote:

      When I got home invaded by 7 thug lifes did I ask them to fight me 1vs1 and take their turns because it isn't fair? Gimme a break....
      In that scenario I would do just that. Ask them each to fight me 1v1. I know full well they aren't going to accept that offer, but at least I showed I wasn't scared of any of them individually, and maybe it makes at least one of them leave feeling like crap for what they just did.
      Then I would keep a mental list of each one of them, and any time I find one of them alone, kick his ass. Like in the movie 'Diner'. If you're not old, you probably have no idea what I am talking about, but in that movie, one of the main characters got his ass kicked by an entire softball team when he was younger, and over the years found the guys 1 by 1 and got his revenge.

      As for fair fights in Albion. There are plenty ways to get fair 1v1 fights, but yeah, this idea from the OP is just not what this game is about at all
      Would you really ask them if half of them were carrying machetes? Probably not unless you got balls of steel I guess... Anyways I do remember the movie Diner with Kevin Bacon and Paul Reiser correct? (Kevin Bacon was in the first Friday the 13th movie only a few years earlier). I also agree there are plenty of 1vs1 situations and more solo content is coming later this year.
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Jerek ().

    • New

      Jerek wrote:

      Would you really ask them if half of them were carrying machetes? Probably not unless you got balls of steel I guess... Anyways I do remember the movie Diner with Kevin Bacon and Paul Reiser correct? (Kevin Bacon was in the first Friday the 13th movie only a few years earlier). I also agree there are plenty of 1vs1 situations and more solo content is coming later this year.
      You remember correctly. And no I wouldn't want to 1v1 the guys with machetes unless they were willing to put them down first. lol
    • New

      trancix wrote:

      There needs to be a system in place to protect solo players from groups. If I'm actively fighting someone, no one else should be allowed to engage until one of us is dead. I should be allowed to have a fighting chance when ambushed in the middle of a fight.

      For solo players or groups of 1, make it so there can only be one actively engaged combatant within a certain area or time period at a time. If a group of 3 falls on me, make them all wait and take turns like we're in an epic kung fu movie from the 70s.

      The amount of cheese in this game is frustrating, discouraging and frankly boring. I don't want to have to be part of a 7-15 man group in order to engage in open world combat. Being one player out of a dozen isn't interesting to me.

      Give me the option of taking them one at a time and to come out on top.
      what a stupid post.
      im for more solo content but whenever i read brain farts like this there is only 1 answer left: play something else and stop try to change this game with shitty ideas....
      and btw, you have to be "one out of a dozen" if you like to taste real pvp.
      albion is a makro game. you dont win by fancy plays.... you win by makro and teamplay. this game is not balanced by any meaning to 1v1.
      items are not balanced, the whole combat system is not made to outplay somebody in a 1v1.
      its a makro based slow paced pvp system....
    • New

      trancix wrote:

      There needs to be a system in place to protect solo players from groups. If I'm actively fighting someone, no one else should be allowed to engage until one of us is dead. I should be allowed to have a fighting chance when ambushed in the middle of a fight.

      For solo players or groups of 1, make it so there can only be one actively engaged combatant within a certain area or time period at a time. If a group of 3 falls on me, make them all wait and take turns like we're in an epic kung fu movie from the 70s.

      The amount of cheese in this game is frustrating, discouraging and frankly boring. I don't want to have to be part of a 7-15 man group in order to engage in open world combat. Being one player out of a dozen isn't interesting to me.

      Give me the option of taking them one at a time and to come out on top.
      Here is the truth

      This game was not made for solo players.... I am sorry that you have been deceived by SBI's bull shit, but you are not the only one.

      If you are new to the game and you still want to keep playing solo, the first thing that you need to accept is the fact that most of the time you will be avoiding other players , running away and hiding from everyone and even so you will die a lot.

      Now, on the other hand, the economy of this game is so damn perfect that even playing all the time as solo player (dying a lot) you will still be able to progress. It may not be that fun because on your first steps you will find it really tough but if you keep trying, trust me, you will still be able to progress. You just need to find your way.

      You know who are the best PvP players on this game? People that started just like you and never gave up. Those ganking groups that are always bullying solo players and ruining their day, they just do it because they will never be able to kill you in a 1 vs 1 situation. Most of them suck in PvP for the only reason that they have been doing exactly the same ever since they started playing this game.

      As a solo player in open world, you have the advantage that every fucking situation you encounter it is a life or death situation, and that means you will be learning way faster than everyone else. If you are able to learn from your mistakes after each dead then you are already winning.

      Practice as much PvP as you can by dueling other players, fighting arenas and crystals, runing corrupted dungeons and hell gates.

      You can always find a group of people to play with using the *Party Finder* feature whenever you want to take a break from your solo adventure.
    • New

      Just to illustrate how stupid your idea is.
      I play mainly heal, so yes, i play in group. Imagine i want to reach my friends 200m of the portal gate. You rush me, an arena pop avoidind them to help me against you.
      Just, maybe, think before talking !

      You have corrupted for 1v1 and because a lot of people want to play solo in a MMORPG you will get mist 1v1 in next big patch don t worry.

      You r the same as people in MOBA who cry when the team help a player they want to "duel".