Pinned Testserver Patch Notes - Into the Fray Patch 1

• Testserver Patch Notes - Into the Fray Patch 1

Into the Fray Patch 1

Arena / Crystal Arena Changes

• Players are now automatically healed at the start and end of Arena / Crystal Arena matches, and all cooldowns (including capes) are reset
      • Players’ max load is now increased when in an Arena match
      • Highest Crystal Arena Rank Points for the season are now visible in the Character Stats UI
      • Arena queue times should now be shorter, especially for premade 5-player teams
      • Arena limited rewards now always reset during maintenance instead of the current 22-hour cooldown
      Other Changes
      • Players can now travel to Royal Cities and islands from Portal Towns while carrying items / baggage
      • Increased time for treasure chests in Castles and Castle Outposts to despawn from 5 minutes -> 30 minutes
      • "Enrage" buff of Elite Castle Guards no longer stacks
      • Clicking on a capturable orb (eg. in Crystal League) now auto-dismounts the player
      • Picking up a Power Core or Energy Crystal now removes the shielding effect from invisibility shrines (target will still be silenced and can't attack for 10s)
      Combat Balance Changes
      Fire Staffs
      • Pyroblast (one-handed Fire Staffs):
        • Adjusted the aiming mechanic:
          • Significantly increased rotation speed
          • The aiming area is no longer displayed to other players
      • Fire Bolt (all Fire Staffs):
        • Instant Damage: 70 → 62
        • DoT Damage per Tick: 5.5 → 5
      • Flame Blast (all Fire Staffs):
        • Cooldown: 8s → 12s
        • Explosion Damage: 150 → 140
        • Instant Damage: 45 → 40
      Daggers
      • Blood Ritual (Demonfang):
        • Damage: 140 → 126
      Fixes
      • Spell fixes:
        • Fire Artillery areas no longer stack from multiple players
        • Area of Combustion (Infernal Staff) now correctly dissipates if the debuff is purged or ends on the primary target
        • Fixed an issue where canceling Pyroblast channel would lead to jumpy movement
        • Fixed an issue where Shadow Edge and Chain Slash (All Daggers) would reposition the caster even when at more than 150% of carry capacity
      • UI fixes:
        • Fixed an issue where using a Gathering Tome while affected by a Fame buff (e.g. Hideout Home buff) incorrectly showed too much Fame in combat log, despite correct amount of Fame actually being awarded
        • Fixed an issue where the default sender ("Player" or "Guild") defaulted to the incorrect option in the Compose Mail UI
        • Fixed an issue where pagination did not work in shop UI
        • Fixed display issues with Faction Warfare UI
        • Fixed an issue where disbanded alliances were not removed from an Island’s access rights
        • Fixed an issue where Castle icon on minimap would remain in place when zooming in
        • Arena queue can no longer be accepted while in knockdown state
      • Regular offseason Level 1 Crystal League matches are now lethal as intended
      • No-Show wins will now reward the correct token for Lethal 5v5 Crystal League Level 2 and 3 matches
      • Fixed an issue where characters would be frozen after using Smart Cluster Queue UI in some cases
      • Castle chests now have the intended protection time of 60 minutes (previously 40)
      • Weekend Castle chests now show their correct rarity
      • Fixed an issue where the Corrupted Dungeon entry channel would break when under the influence of an Invisibility Shrine
      • [MOBILE] Fixed an issue where the Item Crafting UI content was incorrectly clipped
      • [MOBILE] Fixed an issue where spell tooltips were sometimes missing the spell name
      • Additional graphical, animation, terrain, audio, UI, and localization fixes
    • Flame Blast change is not thought out.

With this change Fire Wave is practically better in every scenario aside from buffing a tank before he engages.

you made a unique spell then immediately nerfed it to worse than what we already had.

A 10% damage reduction on fire bolt? Really? Can you just leave direct damage casters alone for a season or two and see how the representation plays out. Everything with magic balance in this game seem to be based on knee jerk reactions rather than data over the course of a season. ‘Having a lot of damage’ is very different than ‘being able to apply the damage in a useful way that produces results and representation’. Remember. Fire mages can’t chase down targets. We must melt faces when others attack us.

It’s wildfire staff all over again.

Leave Fire alone. It finally has some representation. I’m sorry for being so critical, but the fine tuning to magic trees SBI has been doing recently appears to be half baked with the last couple of patches supporting that. It’s as if no one is testing these random fire ‘improvements’ on the PTR. Infernal staff target silence got through? Really?

On that note… for the love of god get rid of the skill shot on Pyroblast. No matter how fast you can turn targets can easily run out of range and it’s MULTIPLE reflect bait. It’s a terrible change and the numbers speak for themselves. I’ve seen literally NO ONE in crystals, arena or CD’s use the staff. It’s not just the turning speed, it’s the fact you made it incredibly tough to do damage with it. Might as well take wildfire over it any day of the week. More damage in pvp, less chance of a reflect, goes through targets and hardly a cast time. Wildfire is the better / usable version of what SBI is trying to do with Pyroblast (lol).

i simply don’t get SBI’s obsession with fire tree and skill shots. 6/7 E’s are skill shots. It’s ok to let us have a true ranged single target nuke.

it’s ok for us to have face melting damage. We have no chase.

In all honesty, who is the balance dev for the magic trees? The fire tree changes are always so random and have little relevance to the meta of the game.

the fact Albion still has the cheesiest spell in existence (wall of flames) in the game as a crutch in place of well thought out quality of life improvements for Fire mages is all one needs to know.

The post was edited 8 times, last by BurnsidePDX ().

• tabooshka wrote:

fire Q back to being dogshit, nice.
      what I not understand is again the baseline..

Related to swords / spears / gloves fire was balanced.

Related to everything else it was OP.

Now fire gets reduced to the rest which is in several stair steps below but swords spears and gloves stay untouched.

This was the old meta - something new entered the meta - competitive to the old OP shit show, but as soon as it is touching the meta it needs to turned back into horseshit but leaving the old meta at its top position..

We touch mobility passive of curse, while curse was NEVER a problem in the mobility department..

What is all this random changes ..????

If holy and nature have to draw low damage easy to avoid circles on the ground which are piss easy to avoid and nobody manages to enter top 100 even if people invested heavily we get panic in development and cripple the shit out of it pre patch??

Seriously - there needs to be serious improvement in the balance team this is really getting out of control..
    • BurnsidePDX wrote:

Flame Blast change is not thought out.

With this change Fire Wave is practically better in every scenario aside from buffing a tank before he engages.

you made a unique spell then immediately nerfed it to worse than what we already had.

A 10% damage reduction on fire bolt? Really? Can you just leave direct damage casters alone for a season or two and see how the representation plays out. Everything with magic balance in this game seem to be based on knee jerk reactions rather than data over the course of a season. ‘Having a lot of damage’ is very different than ‘being able to apply the damage in a useful way that produces results and representation’. Remember. Fire mages can’t chase down targets. We must melt faces when others attack us.

Leave Fire alone. It finally has some representation. I’m sorry for being so critical, but the fine tuning to magic trees SBI has been doing recently appears to be half baked with the last couple of patches supporting that. It’s as if no one is testing these random fire ‘improvements’ on the PTR. Infernal staff target silence got through? Really?

On that note… for the love of god get rid of the skill shot on Pyroblast. No matter how fast you can turn targets can easily run out of range and it’s MULTIPLE reflect bait. It’s a terrible change and the numbers speak for themselves. I’ve seen literally NO ONE in crystals, arena or CD’s use the staff. It’s not just the turning speed, it’s the fact you made it incredibly tough to do damage with it. Might as well take wildfire over it any day of the week. More damage in pvp, less chance of a reflect, goes through targets and hardly a cast time. Wildfire is the better / usable version of what SBI is trying to do with Pyroblast (lol).

i simply don’t get SBI’s obsession with fire tree and skill shots. 6/7 E’s are skill shots. It’s ok to let us have a true ranged single target nuke.

In all honesty, who is the balance dev for the magic trees? The fire tree changes are always so random and have little relevance to the meta of the game.

the fact Albion still has the cheesiest spell in existence (wall of flames) in the game as a crutch in place of well thought out quality of life improvements for Fire mages is all one needs to know.

Trial_hard wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

fire Q back to being dogshit, nice.
      what I not understand is again the baseline..
      Related to swords / spears / gloves fire was balanced.

Related to everything else it was OP.

Now fire gets reduced to the rest which is in several stair steps below but swords spears and gloves stay untouched.

This was the old meta - something new entered the meta - competitive to the old OP shit show, but as soon as it is touching the meta it needs to turned back into horseshit but leaving the old meta at its top position..

We touch mobility passive of curse, while curse was NEVER a problem in the mobility department..

What is all this random changes ..????

If holy and nature have to draw low damage easy to avoid circles on the ground which are piss easy to avoid and nobody manages to enter top 100 even if people invested heavily we get panic in development and cripple the shit out of it pre patch??

Seriously - there needs to be serious improvement in the balance team this is really getting out of control..
      You both sound really ignorant to the reality of fire currently. In 2v2's right now you fight 90% Fire / Healer... the other 9% Demonfang... and the other 1% everything else. It's extremely busted, one of the most broken of all time. Here is a video that came out from one of the best 2v2 players in the entire game showing how insane it is youtube.com/watch?v=pj3FI-WOZXY ..... These changes were absolutely needed. Thank you SBI
    • You’re taking 2vs2 and applying it to everything.

How about CD’s? Like kite specs that will whittle you down? Or simply rat you?

How about open world? Never being able to
      Gank and being the prime target to gank?

How about arena? You’re target #2 after the healer.

2vs2 HG is the optimum setting for a fire mage due to no kiting being relevant and a peeler / healer for one, at most 2 dps.

This is really simple stuff to understand.
    • Nerf in fire's Q was completely unnecessary, W's nerf was enough, or else it took advantage of the 6 months worked on the rework of the staffs to give fire a rework that gave it versatility, the big problem with fire is the fact that it's a glass cannon totally focused on damage and having almost no use in a team (like the pierce that the bow, curse and crossbow apply) or an effective CC, or mobility, anything, the only and exclusive thing that fire does is deal damage and when he does it well, he gets nerfed, so we'll go back to the full melee meta in 10v10, 5v5 and even 2v2 will go back to only having sword and dagger, my suggestion: don't nerf Fire bolt, he's not the one who breaks the meta game.
    • Achiolli wrote:

Nerf in fire's Q was completely unnecessary, W's nerf was enough, or else it took advantage of the 6 months worked on the rework of the staffs to give fire a rework that gave it versatility, the big problem with fire is the fact that it's a glass cannon totally focused on damage and having almost no use in a team (like the pierce that the bow, curse and crossbow apply) or an effective CC, or mobility, anything, the only and exclusive thing that fire does is deal damage and when he does it well, he gets nerfed, so we'll go back to the full melee meta in 10v10, 5v5 and even 2v2 will go back to only having sword and dagger, my suggestion: don't nerf Fire bolt, he's not the one who breaks the meta game.
      SLights wrong meta is again Sword Sword Sword Trinity 1h spear and gloves gloves gloves...and of course Forcefield
    • Cant Cast Spells [Mobile]

Is this ever going to get fixed. Happens daily to me.

It has something to do with animation and cast time bonuses on Fire bolt. If you can’t recreate it easily: Play a fire mage all day on mobile using tome of spells, Morgana cape and aggressive caster buff - it’ll eventually happen.

i think it may have something to do with hitting the maximum % cast speed cap.

Only way I’ve seen to fix it is to reboot the app or switch from tome to some other offhand, shoot a few Fire bolts and then re-equip the tome… and it doesn’t always fix it.
    • BurnsidePDX wrote:

Cant Cast Spells [Mobile]

Is this ever going to get fixed. Happens daily to me.

It has something to do with animation and cast time bonuses on Fire bolt. If you can’t recreate it easily: Play a fire mage all day on mobile using tome of spells, Morgana cape and aggressive caster buff - it’ll eventually happen.

i think it may have something to do with hitting the maximum % cast speed cap.

Only way I’ve seen to fix it is to reboot the app or switch from tome to some other offhand, shoot a few Fire bolts and then re-equip the tome… and it doesn’t always fix it.
      phone control problem
      Mobile phone Joystick When you click to fast will get bug "aim" disappear .

Casting ability click 1 time is cast,in casting double click is cancel casting.so we can't crazy click it ,maybe they should change joystick control logic,long hold slide to "X " button to cancel ability in casting or channeling .

The post was edited 1 time, last by Catorcoffee ().

• BurnsidePDX wrote:

I totally agree with what you said.

I play fire staffs all the time in corrupted dungeon. It is only OP against "Not so skillful players" who don't know how to kite and how to reset. Fire has no chance to win any good kiting build players because it does not have any mobility! The dps of Q1 is indeed very high but is was this high even before the update. The update only gave Q1 the new animation and shorter DoT delay. Most people think it is insane because they never played fire Q1 and it is the new animation made them aware of the Q1. The update did not change the Q1 damage at all.

I never played 2v2 so I cannot comment how strong the fires are in the 2v2. But I can tell you that Q1 fire has no chance to win in the slayer corrupted dungeon because all slayer players use high mobility builds, people can just run away and wait for their high damage skills to be ready and engage you again.

Let me give you some examples of how commonly seen corrupted dungeon weapons can easily kill Q1 fire:
      Swords: Pre-stack on mobs --> E you --> Activate shoes and run away --> stack on mobs again to increase movement speed --> wait for the next E to be ready --> E you again --> you die
      1H spear: Pre-stack --> E you (and get further from you by E) --> reflect --> run away --> E you again --> repeat the same procedure --> you die
      Badon and Warbow: Regular kiting playstyle --> you die
      Gloves: Put QWE on you (this also interrupt you a lot so you cannot even use your Q1) --> Force field to bump you away --> run away --> invis --> put QWE on you again --> you die
      Q3 fire: Q3 has 18m range while Q1 only has 11m, you won't even be able to touch Q3 fire --> you die
      Double dagger and Deathgivers: pre-stack --> shadow edge --> E you --> Force field to bump you away --> run away --> repeat this procedure --> you die
      Cursed staffs: Kite you with Q2 and W2 --> you die

So basically, any kiting builds can win fire in solo pvp. People play fires in 2v2 not because fires are strong, it is because healers are strong! Fire is nothing to be scared of without healer!

I hope SBI add a mobility skill for fires if they decide to nerf damage of fires.
    • Good e

Sehavian wrote:

BurnsidePDX wrote:

I play fire staffs all the time in corrupted dungeon. It is only OP against "Not so skillful players" who don't know how to kite and how to reset. Fire has no chance to win any good kiting build players because it does not have any mobility! The dps of Q1 is indeed very high but is was this high even before the update. The update only gave Q1 the new animation and shorter DoT delay. Most people think it is insane because they never played fire Q1 and it is the new animation made them aware of the Q1. The update did not change the Q1 damage at all.

I never played 2v2 so I cannot comment how strong the fires are in the 2v2. But I can tell you that Q1 fire has no chance to win in the slayer corrupted dungeon because all slayer players use high mobility builds, people can just run away and wait for their high damage skills to be ready and engage you again.

Let me give you some examples of how commonly seen corrupted dungeon weapons can easily kill Q1 fire:
      Swords: Pre-stack on mobs --> E you --> Activate shoes and run away --> stack on mobs again to increase movement speed --> wait for the next E to be ready --> E you again --> you die
      1H spear: Pre-stack --> E you (and get further from you by E) --> reflect --> run away --> E you again --> repeat the same procedure --> you die
      Gloves: Put QWE on you (this also interrupt you a lot so you cannot even use your Q1) --> Force field to bump you away --> run away --> invis --> put QWE on you again --> you die
      Q3 fire: Q3 has 18m range while Q1 only has 11m, you won't even be able to touch Q3 fire --> you die
      Double dagger and Deathgivers: pre-stack --> shadow edge --> E you --> Force field to bump you away --> run away --> repeat this procedure --> you die

So basically, any kiting builds can win fire in solo pvp. People play fires in 2v2 not because fires are strong, it is because healers are strong! Fire is nothing to be scared of without healer!

I hope SBI add a mobility skill for fires if they decide to nerf damage of fires.
      xFlame Blast change is not thought out.

Sehavian wrote:

BurnsidePDX wrote:

Good explained
    • fire staff players, let's protest against the nerf in Q, a very similar situation happened when Wildfire staff's Magma sphere was buffed, the weapon went from the worst dps in the game to the best dps in the game and after nerfing it was worse again , until the last patch of lands awakened fire was the worst dps in the game, now in the first patch of into a fray fire is the best, let's get to the next patch as the worst dps in the game again, we're tired of this cycle, balance the fire for real, as has been said before by other players, Q1 always dealt this damage, the only thing that changed in this patch was that now the Q1 passive is applied correctly, the nerf in W1 is completely fair, but not in Q1, protest.
    • The nerf to fire Q1 is a redline for me. I switched to it at the beginning of the faction warfare update after getting owned by melees like Axe that weren't impressed when I missed every skill shot at them. Even now I seldom collect any kill fame when participating in the faction warfare in the red zone. I'm also one of the last to any loot. And in chokes I'm one of the first to go down. In crystal arena I die as often as I kill. I even avoid being upfront since I know I will be the first to be killed. The nerf and the general uselessness of the crystal arena rewards means that I won't taking part in that content. Luckily I didn't invest into my crystal arena build so whatever.

The Infernal Firestaff is unimpressive in PvE. The E is weak. If it becomes weak in PvP as well, I guess at least it will stand a better chance of costing just 15k silver for t6 like it used to. I recall buying t6 fire weapons for just 15k silver and now they are going for 30k to 60k with buy orders.

The post was edited 1 time, last by enEstava ().