Consequences for Exploiting the Fame-Distribution Bug

• Oshien wrote:

EANjshdusda wrote:

Heyayajajaja wrote:

EANjshdusda wrote:

Absolutely irresponsible punishment.

A lot of people spent real money during this bug.

So the developer profited from it.

How are we supposed to trust that you didn't make this bug on purpose?

to lure players to spend more money?

only to then "punish" them later?
      Spending money to use a bug does not justify using the bug. Not only that but accusing the devs of a conspiracy that they did this on purpose. This is some durateen level crap.
      Gold price surged during the bug.The devs profited from the bug.

These are facts.

Without refunding, or donating the profit to charity or something.

My accussation, though unlikely true, is fair.
      Gold prices should have dipped if SBI was making money from the bug... soaring gold prices means people were buying more gold then then there were selling gold.

Honestly the abusers got off easy. They should of had bans coming.
      Silver price surged. Thats what I meant to say.

It went from 3000+ to 3100+ in an hour.

The post was edited 1 time, last by EANjshdusda ().

• The rollback decision should have been made on the first shutdown. It was at that time only 3.5 hours of game progression.

As of now too many things had happened and if they rollback, too much progression on all players would be lost and it would cause an even more serious outrage.
    • Neesh wrote:

Oh no people are sad because they exploited a bug? They should be banned lol but the gods of albion are merciful.
      No, people are sad because only a few parts of people exploiting the bug lost everything and others are swimming in fame and silver. Everything should have been rollbacked or nothing.
    • Deleted user wrote:

Neesh wrote:

Oh no people are sad because they exploited a bug? They should be banned lol but the gods of albion are merciful.
      No, people are sad because only a few parts of people exploiting the bug lost everything and others are swimming in fame and silver. Everything should have been rollbacked or nothing.
      The person who has nothing to do with the bug should not be affected because of the players who abused it, if you were one of the abusers, just be thankful you weren't banned.
      Healer Supremacy

• dont waste your time argue or feel bad they would do whatever they want and you cant change that. so stop complain, for a lot of ppl is unfair but there is nothing you can say that they would change their mind their games their rules if you dont like it you can always stop playing.
    • Nice to see people punished for abusing. Just 500 seems a small number..

Since a lot of the abusers are complaining that not all were punished, maybe they can open a ticket informing their friends who weren't punished so SBI can investigate.

And people who used tomes on weapons line that weren't bugged... Maybe those people should open tickets to ask for a review.
    • I don't want to suggest anything here that could be considered racist or xenophobic so I will just point out that the majority of extremely mad players here appear to have some form of foreign text in their comment box and leave others to draw from that whatever conclusion they wish.

Can I just ask : Will affected players be informed they've been affected? I did chew through the saved up books I had in my bank when this was happening but I am fairly sure I'm not anywhere near top 500 players abusing this. Just want to be sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheSlayer ().

• Eric1254 wrote:

So because there is a problem with this company's programs, I have to pay them $300 and then I get nothing, so am I being scammed? Why not fix it the same day?
      Absolutely nobody forced you to pay SBI anything.

I would say - even though I am revelling in the punishment here and think its 1000% deserved, I do think rolling back silver/fame for 4 days is a LITTLE harsh.
    • TheSlayer wrote:

I don't want to suggest anything here that could be considered racist or xenophobic so I will just point out that the majority of extremely mad players here appear to have some form of foreign text in their comment box and leave others to draw from that whatever conclusion they wish
      The bug was happening during prime time for Chinese players.

So yes, a lot of Chinese players were online at that time to exploit the bug like any other averagy human being would possibly do.

Some of them were therefore punished (deservely so) and are here to complain about the extent to which they were punished.
    • TheSlayer wrote:

Eric1254 wrote:

So because there is a problem with this company's programs, I have to pay them $300 and then I get nothing, so am I being scammed? Why not fix it the same day?
      Absolutely nobody forced you to pay SBI anything.
      I would say - even though I am revelling in the punishment here and think its 1000% deserved, I do think rolling back silver/fame for 4 days is a LITTLE harsh.

If they give your money back it's not a punishment. So you rather want them to ban your account than what they did ?
    • Heyayajajaja wrote:

TheSlayer wrote:

Eric1254 wrote:

Absolutely nobody forced you to pay SBI anything.I would say - even though I am revelling in the punishment here and think its 1000% deserved, I do think rolling back silver/fame for 4 days is a LITTLE harsh.
      If they give your money back it's not a punishment. So you rather want them to ban your account than what they did ?
      As someone who didn't abuse the bug I am not affected by this, but I still think losing 4 days of progress, including for some people actual real world money spent on Gold, is overly harsh. Remove all the fame and don't refund the silver used abusing the bug, sure, totally justified. Losing 4 days of progress after that though is a bit much.
    • Farrchie wrote:

Dhivine wrote:

You guys are leaving the part out where you break TOS.
      I don't remember you getting rolled back/punished for abusing journal prices back in the day and making crazy amounts of silver. That wasn't TOS?
      Either way, I don't symphatize with any of the people that lost their progress or money, however I do think that SBI is at fault with this one, it's just that too many people cried about it.

I just know for a fact every single one of us here would've jumped on it if we were online as we jumped on every other thing SBI broke. I wasn't but I would've done the same thing as everyone else. Stop playing righteous and giving props to SBI. There's still a milion things that need fixing and optimization, but no, "Lets focus our time and effort on some people that abused something we screwed up."
      I also don't remember me actually doing that. Get your facts straight Farrchie ;).

And even if I did and got rolled back, I would have gotten what i deserved and wouldn't come here to cry.
    • Alzre wrote:

I believe those 500+ out of millions Albion player included in this punishment had exploited the game so crazy and massive. those players deserve severe punishment. I stand with the dev team to make this game fair without "exception of any players"
      millions? this game keep losing players dude. they didnt even reach 300k anymore wtf u talking about?