Underpowered: Great Fire Staff Stealh Nerf also not working as intended (BUG)

• Combat Balance
    • Underpowered: Great Fire Staff Stealh Nerf also not working as intended (BUG)

This staff E used to have a 10 second cooldown, it is a skillshot, and you don't always land it, i don't understand why increase the cooldown to 15 and require you to land the skill on a target to reduce that 5 second, it doesn't make any sense, while other staves like Wildifre, Infernal Staff which requires 0 skill to land their skills, you're punishing players wanting to use this powerful, yet not 100% guaranted hit weapon.

EDIT: Tested the weapon several times in PVE, Flame Pillar should have a 10second CD if you hit at least one enemy, but it doesn't matter, the ability always takes 15 second to recharge
      EDIT 2: Tested the weapon in PVP, the ability only reduces 5 second CD if you hit a enemy player, so basically, rending it useless in PVE

EDIT 3: What causes the bug is that if you get to kill your enemy with your Flame Pillar, the CD reduction won't happen, which i believe should activate regardless

The post was edited 2 times, last by IzHaN ().

• No, you're prizing 0 skill staves over players that tries skillful weapons. Imo it shouldn't have been untouched, its 10sec cd was fair enough, and the damage wasn't that impactful anyways

Also Infernal Staff of the same tier, deals about 15-20% damage plus has an incorporated silence built-in into his E.. is just silly
    • Bro they increased the damage and if you land the skill it has the old cooldown.
      an overall damage increase for landing your poke skill because it has 0 cast time but a 1 sec delay before damage

and would deal more damage then infernal/wild fire if you land 2 in a row (20 sec time frame)

as for infernal staff. this staff will get nerfed sooner or later because it went over the play testers.
      it is already in the watchlist . if its too broken then it will be nerfed
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • This staff has become my go-to for the red zone when killing mobs or just trying to tag along a bandit party. When I was reminded of the new W skill by someone else on this forum, I became much happier with the Great Firestaff as well. We can still get overwhelmed though.

Fire in general is still trying to find its footing in big ZvZs. The improvement to the lesser skills Q and W just gave them all a chance to become relevant.

I would say that by using less energy and the faster cast times, we can still have some fun.

I will use whatever fire staff is cheaper and still feels good for the red zone. When one becomes too expensive due to trend, I will try to adopt a new one.
    • @enEstava

fire has been super weak ever since free to play released.
      mobility build like frost and bow have reign supreme with their mobility and range play style

curse was way better than fire because their Q spell is cast and forget and they can usually weave autos for more DPS since Old Grudge was very strong and they have many utility skills such as anti heal and pierce

this comes into play the problem with fire staffs. they had 0 mobility, long cast times like traditional mages, and 1 Utiltiy spell aka fire wall. (fire wave NO knock back at the time)

and since the devs agreed that fire should be fire and not another Frost so no mobility should be added instead they gave it range Q3 and slight utility buffs. and even then was not enough for fire

so it has devolved into what we have now. high dps but little to no mobility weapon TURRET
      and the "broken" infernal staff we have.
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • fire should be something that nobody wants it to be.
      a 1 shot glass cannon mage that gets 1 shot.
      Its a dude in cloth with a stick trying to mumble incantations at people, he should wreck people, and get fucking wrecked by people.
      SBI and many many many game designers are afraid to put any kind of real risk-reward in a game though because 12 year old andy will complain to the devs with 100 swipes of mommy's CC to induce game breaking changes where we just gentrify all the weapons into weak-lukewarm-jack of all trades shit sticks.
      Please just create weapons that are unique, and delete ones that do the same shit as the other ones.
      stop. giving. huge damage abilities.....CC.... its actually gonna turn into league where every character now has 2 spells on each spell because each spell has an active and a passive.
      WE come here to play a GAME. not study god damn spreadsheets.
      keep it simple you stupids.
    • enEstava wrote:

This staff has become my go-to for the red zone when killing mobs or just trying to tag along a bandit party. When I was reminded of the new W skill by someone else on this forum, I became much happier with the Great Firestaff as well. We can still get overwhelmed though.

Fire in general is still trying to find its footing in big ZvZs. The improvement to the lesser skills Q and W just gave them all a chance to become relevant.

I would say that by using less energy and the faster cast times, we can still have some fun.

I will use whatever fire staff is cheaper and still feels good for the red zone. When one becomes too expensive due to trend, I will try to adopt a new one.
      with brimstone existing, ZvZ is the only content where fire has always been good

Also cast times were not the only option to make fire playable, more cast range was also an option (the option they took) but it was too much cause they didnt only buff that

Sedocoi wrote:

fire should be something that nobody wants it to be.
      a 1 shot glass cannon mage that gets 1 shot.
      Its a dude in cloth with a stick trying to mumble incantations at people, he should wreck people, and get fucking wrecked by people.
      SBI and many many many game designers are afraid to put any kind of real risk-reward in a game though because 12 year old andy will complain to the devs with 100 swipes of mommy's CC to induce game breaking changes where we just gentrify all the weapons into weak-lukewarm-jack of all trades shit sticks.
      Please just create weapons that are unique, and delete ones that do the same shit as the other ones.
      stop. giving. huge damage abilities.....CC.... its actually gonna turn into league where every character now has 2 spells on each spell because each spell has an active and a passive.
      WE come here to play a GAME. not study god damn spreadsheets.
      keep it simple you stupids.
      fire was a 1 shot glass canon which got one shoted before

The problem is that with low range, no mobility, only 1 defensive skill which almost everyone can bypass, and high cast times it wasnt even good as a glass canon

Now, the buffs were too much, they went in the right direction but went too far away
    • Mrpotato wrote:

enEstava wrote:

This staff has become my go-to for the red zone when killing mobs or just trying to tag along a bandit party. When I was reminded of the new W skill by someone else on this forum, I became much happier with the Great Firestaff as well. We can still get overwhelmed though.

with brimstone existing, ZvZ is the only content where fire has always been good
      Also cast times were not the only option to make fire playable, more cast range was also an option (the option they took) but it was too much cause they didnt only buff that
      I saw an explanation regarding fire in ZvZ that one of the reasons folks don't play with it in that scenario is that they prefer weapons with no or little cast time. With the Brimstone being perhaps too slow for the hyper activity of ZvZ.

I have watched plenty of ZvZ fights and fire is never the hero. Fire being on cloth armor, even the AlbionTV commenters say that they prefer to watch it from the point of view of tanks since those tend to last longer in battle and are near where the action is at.

In the new Crystal Arena, I noticed an Infernal Firestaff having fun with the new W skill and they killed 12 that match (I was on the losing side.) If they can bring that kind of activity to ZvZ, maybe fire would become a showcase there.