Mouse + keyboard support for iPad/mobile devices NEEDS OPTIMIZATION!!

• Mouse + keyboard support for iPad/mobile devices NEEDS OPTIMIZATION!!

Because I can‘t be at my PC lately, I decided to try and get a comfortable setup on my iPad, with Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. While the basic support for this setup is already given in the options in game (Controls —> Click to move; keyboard key assignment possible), it still feels incredibly unpolished and clunky to use.

This is because on the PC we have options to set if skills are cast on button release or on button press.

The only supported possibility on iPad with mouse + keyboard right now is cast on click after button press, which feels very unresponsive. This gets even worse because the position of the mousepointer doesn’t get recognized by the game when you press a skill button, so you do NOT get any aiming lines or AOE markers at the current position of the mouse while holding the skill button, but rather at a default, down left on the screen position. By clicking, the skill gets cast at the mousepointers position tho.

This makes fast activation of skills shortly after one another nearly impossible, and produces many fail casts in a fast paced combat situation.

All in all, the games’ mouse + keyboard support on iPad is more frustrating than enjoyable.

P.S.: Also, the FOV on some not-so-wide resolutions/screen ratios, like the iPad‘s for example, is still MUCH smaller. It‘s unbelievably unfair in a game like Albion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JuicyShrooms ().

• Karu wrote:

it's even worse on Android. Keyboard simply won't register any input for spells. Can type no problem but can't use any abilities lol. Been asking for this to get fixed for many months.
      We are about to invest in some bluetooth keyboard and mouse JUST for Albion Online. Are you saying keyboard input on android doesn't work at all besides chat?!

That means you can't cast anything? Ermm.. and it hasn't been fixed?
    • Thovain wrote:

Karu wrote:

it's even worse on Android. Keyboard simply won't register any input for spells. Can type no problem but can't use any abilities lol. Been asking for this to get fixed for many months.
      We are about to invest in some bluetooth keyboard and mouse JUST for Albion Online. Are you saying keyboard input on android doesn't work at all besides chat?!
      That means you can't cast anything? Ermm.. and it hasn't been fixed?
      I have only tested bluetooth mouse+keyboard setup on iPad so far. Moving, casting, writing, everything KIND OF works.

But as I described in original post, the controls are very clunky and frustrating to use, especially with abilities that require somewhat precise or fast aim.

All SBI needs to to is to make the standard mouse+keyboard control scheme from pc available in the options for mobile I think.
    • JuicyShrooms wrote:

I have only tested bluetooth mouse+keyboard setup on iPad so far. Moving, casting, writing, everything KIND OF works
      Friendly warning, Samsung Tablet + Bluetooth keyboard does not work with Albion. The abilities do not activate/cast at all, no matter what we tried (but the key 'enter' does work for some reason.. :thumbsup: ).
      Xiaomi Tablet seem to work better so far with the input.

Hope they fix it! Looking forward to it! :)