[RESOLVED] Hotfix coming up soon

• Game needs a rollback... It took 3 hours to determine the problems and solve it... 3 HOURS! In this time scale people grind that bugs as fast as they can... People who doesn't know the bugs or doesn't want to use this bugs is the ones who gets nothing... This is not fair... We wouldn't expect this from Sandbox Interactive...
    • Errorman23 wrote:

The fame bug affected both combat fame and crafting fame

For combat fame, abusers power leveled whole weapon line to full 300 to 500 depending on the weapon/armor line. With auto-respec on, they also gained massive amount of fame credit without spending a penny.

For crafting fame, abusers power leveled specs for artifact weapon/armors without buying a single artifact.

Nesnes wrote:

Hello everyone!

We will need to deploy an off-schedule Hotfix at some point in the next 2 hours.
      This will include a Restart of the Server.

You will get a 15 minute warning before that happens, but please make sure not to start any activities in that timeframe that might be affected by the Server Restart.

The Hotfix will be deployed at 14:20

And because there has been some misinformation going around: We are not rolling back any progress, and we are not resetting any stats with this hotfix.
      However, we reserve the right to deal with bug abuses on a case-by-case basis if we find them happening.

We are sorry for the inconvenience!
      I'm baffled by the no roll-back decision. At the same time I'm interested in what kind of "punishment" the maintenance team could come up with to off-set the hug combat fame and crafting fame advantages that the abusers had gained.
      Let us watch and see.
      On 2nd thought, you could see the gold-price dipped during the bugged hours. That means many people were buying gold to either buy tomes to power level spec or buy materials to power level crafting specs.

Maybe this is one reason why they decided not to rollback -- will you rollback your paycheck?

Long live capitalism :)
    • Thank you for the Hotfix. Seems like anyone who utilized the 'Auto-Respec' option should be rolled back. It probably isn't too hard to do, and it would most certainly have been seen as an abuse in almost any terms of use agreement for any other MMO. So, whilst there may be SOME innocent parties, and I understand that blanket bans might include these and thus make it unfeasible to institute one, still it must be addressed that whilst this bug remained it was comprehensively abused by some parties, guilds, and groups, and should not be allowed to stand.

P.S. ...and can we please have a short duration high percentage SLOW ON HIT to burning field (50%- 1 sec)... especially if you intend to nerf Infernal staff.

Thank you! :) <3
    • You're making a big mistake ignoring this problem. Needs to be fixed. Remove the erroneously earned fame. No need to ban anyone since it was an SBI error but not wiping the fame is a slap in the face to those who earned those stats legit. Can we get a statement from someone further up in the hierarchy? No offense to NesNes but this warrants an addressing from someone towards the top. This is a major issue and a simple hot fix and and quick statement and nothing else is not an acceptable outcome.
    • Is this for real?

I'm a new player and am appalled by the Devs position on this. I can't believe the abusers will keep the fame obtained thru the bug.

How am I supposed to be motivated to spend weeks leveling up fame knowing players maxed out their trees in a couple of hours?

This is just a slap in the face of new players trying to fame up...
    • I use to say Albion is not pay to win but I have been proved wrong.

Wallet warriors have invaded Albion and the devs approve.

Seems they are milking albion for every last penny they can get now.
      In-game Name: BlueCollarNerd
      Guild: Dreki Warriors ( No Tax, Noob Friendly)
      Send friend request for Guild invite, Partys, Arena
    • BlueCollarNerd wrote:

I use to say Albion is not pay to win but I have been proved wrong.

Wallet warriors have invaded Albion and the devs approve.

Seems they are milking albion for every last penny they can get now.
      All about that money. Id wager they aren't doing anything bc the amount of Gold that was bought and sold to exploit this bug. I used to drink the kool-aid thinking they banned RMTers for the good of the game.... nah it just took money from them selling gold. A couple years back there was a bug that made an entire group get full kill fame instead of splitting it and they fixed that. Guess they had a different philosophy back then.
      Don't go away mad, just go away...
    • Just to clear up the confusion in this thread:

We did not roll back anything with the Hotfix, the Hotfix itself was only supposed to fix the bug

However, we did consult over what exactly we would do with the players that have abused the bug and decided to reset their destiny boards to the state of Thursday before the maintenance.

For more details on that, please check out the announcement: Consequences for Exploiting the Fame-Distribution Bug
    • Nesnes wrote:

Just to clear up the confusion in this thread:

We did not roll back anything with the Hotfix, the Hotfix itself was only supposed to fix the bug

However, we did consult over what exactly we would do with the players that have abused the bug and decided to reset their destiny boards to the state of Thursday before the maintenance.

For more details on that, please check out the announcement: Consequences for Exploiting the Fame-Distribution Bug

Thank you and the devs for putting in some corrective measure for those exploiting this bug. The legit players of the community appreciate it!
      Don't go away mad, just go away...
    • Nesnes wrote:

Just to clear up the confusion in this thread:

The legit players of the community appreciate it! :thumbsup:
      Healer Supremacy