Weapon balance on the first day of the patch

• Combat Balance
    • you are the one to talk when you dont post about anything during the testing phase
      we had a whole 3 weeks before it makes it live and you did not said a zip about what was broken or not

and here you are now telling me that i dont know stuff when it comes to balance

if this was coming out of other people who frequent the forms and can come up with proper argument on why some balance is broken with me
      and having an intellectual discussion
      then i would believe that i am out of touch when it comes to balancing items

aka people likeTrial_Hard and Hattenhair

but here you are telling me about balance when you dont even discuss about balance often enough with me here
      @Painball you are the one out of touch here coming to complain when you dont even Test balance changes in test server until it comes live
      then you go to SBI and blame them for making a BAD change
      The Tank Who Bonks

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

you are the one to talk when you dont post about anything during the testing phase
      we had a whole 3 weeks before it makes it live and you did not said a zip about what was broken or not

and here you are now telling me that i dont know stuff when it comes to balance

if this was coming out of other people who frequent the forms and can come up with proper argument on why some balance is broken with me
      and having an intellectual discussion
      then i would believe that i am out of touch when it comes to balancing items

aka people likeTrial_Hard and Hattenhair

but here you are telling me about balance when you dont even discuss about balance often enough with me here
      @Painball you are the one out of touch here coming to complain when you dont even Test balance changes in test server until it comes live
      then you go to SBI and blame them for making a BAD change
      Be mad all you want but people are upset with you and not me. You nerf/buff things because they are being over/underplayed and you dont even understand why.

Fire never had a DPS problem but it suffered from low mobility and easily reflectable damage, You dont resolve this by buffing the damage to absurd levels making the class kill people in under 10 seconds.
      Same with boltcasters, its super strong, but its low mobility, reflectable, and silence shot is kinda hard to hit.
      Quick noones playing kingmaker lets buff its damage... oh wow noone still plays it cuz no mobility.

Want to know the #1 cancer in this game stopping builds from being played? Force Field. Dear god, at least make it a freaking skill shot or something. EVERYONE has complained about it for years and nothing gets done cuz MUH CRYSTALS.
      Other things people complain about that dont get addressed: Frost Shot, Cripple, Broadsword E damage, Spear Q2, Cleric Cowl (remove ability to end it early)

But thank god we got rid of regular run. That was game breaking for sure and was a priority to address of everything else.
    • The_Support_God wrote:

Ok then what do i compare it to?
      what do i use as baseline?

everyone hates bow mobility combo and range.
      and there was a time where reg bow was a viable solo weapon

then there is frost as the next best range dps with mix of Q spam, CC on E and blink on W

fire ,curse, crossbow does not fit the bill to serve as baseline as they have no mobility skills
      and alot of DPS to match their immobile playstyle

Nature and Holy cannot be used as baseline because they are used as healers
      comparing their DPS build to an actual dps build would be so wrong on many levels

then there is spear?
      the current meta weapon, mix of strong auto attack ability, CC slows, and even mobility and i frame with E choices
      yet my friend, you don't understand the principle of balance in solo..

In an ideal world, balance in game where you can reset and get in and out of combat:

High mobility leads to low defence and medium DPS

Example bloodletter / dagger bow/ offender : gloves & sword

High DPS leads to low mobility and a root or a CC and medium defence

Example curse fire offender frost

High defence needs medium mobility and low damage

Example the quarterstaff mace offender was 1h mace

Heal needs zero mobility but high sustain and medium damage

Offender hallowfall - and high sustain on all other is critical as hallowfall would have it too

In a solo environment u should be able to kite but not infinite reset and get out of combat

Circle running in CD which was fixed in 2 hg. At the end in 2hg there is a forced fight, that's why just mobility doesn't work..

I mean that's the basics..

The post was edited 4 times, last by Trial_hard ().

• @Painball
      If I understand correctly, @The_Support_God was the first to participate in the NDA. On his share lay the testing of the infernal staff and perhaps some other things. You accuse him as if he is to blame for the previous balances. No, he's a volunteer for the current patch.
      Moreover, he does not have a decisive vote.

Painball wrote:

Other things people complain about that dont get addressed: Frost Shot, Cripple, Broadsword E damage, Spear Q2, Cleric Cowl (remove ability to end it early)
      It's very stupid to blame him for that. I suggest you participate in the next NDA recruitment.

The_Support_God wrote:

Ok then what do i compare it to?
      @The_Support_God
      Dude, there are literally every other weapon tree.
      hellfire hands enjoyer
      700/700 daggers
      500/700 nature
    • VseOtlichno wrote:

Safumy wrote:

@The_Support_God when u will answer my question ?
      I'm wrong. Mobs have the same magical and physical protection. Write to support.
      ty and if u really control the damage before 3 months and now frost just got q3 nerf but right now i test each skill frost staff's whole damage decrease approximately %20 but in patch notes it's only about ice shard and it's %6.??? it's huge but noone realize it i think
    • Trial_hard wrote:

After today having my fire day..

The W AOE the first with the no cast time, 200 if enemy 600 on AOE on 6 seconds Cooldown...not even a skillshot and almost no energy cost ..

Uff who came to that idea?

I am basically killing everything with just the W
      btw if u use CDR, a royal jacket e.g. you can spam E W of great fire..

Really this patch..

EWEWEW in less than 3 secs under royal .. seriously broken - enjoy
    • This game is becoming more and more like league of legends, everything deals so much damage that you don't need a skill, fire is the best example, people with 2m pvp are melting everything by spamming Q and fire arti.
      if the rework is going to look like adding more and more damage then gl&hf

imo garbage balance as always.... I wonder how much OP frost will be.
    • Quagga wrote:

This game is becoming more and more like league of legends, everything deals so much damage that you don't need a skill, fire is the best example, people with 2m pvp are melting everything by spamming Q and fire arti.

yeah the damage is too much for some skills, even for fire
    • Mrpotato wrote:

Quagga wrote:

This game is becoming more and more like league of legends, everything deals so much damage that you don't need a skill, fire is the best example, people with 2m pvp are melting everything by spamming Q and fire arti.

yeah the damage is too much for some skills, even for fire
      not, if gloves is the baseline - but if these are not the baseline together with trinity, why these are untouched then??

P.S. of course I agree that fire is through the roof, it is just now aligned with gloves and trinity.
    • maybe their goal was to specifically force others to play nature, great nature seems like an ideal pick vs fire but looks more like a noob stomper than a rational choice.
      now i play with oathkeeper tank, because of changes with healing sickness and negating huge amount of dmg... but if you look at the weapon itself against others then FIRE is way too strong... for that firewall and Q1 spam... there is no melle in the game which will be able to use 1 spell without 50% hp loss...

demonfang by changes from dot to instant DMG is broken.... self damage after resistance etc is practically unnoticeable, plus it's mostly combined with hellion jacket or plate.
      second thing is guardian helmet and cleric robe can be rotated so you don't have to worry about selfmg at all... weapon that was supposed to be about risk = reward, dmg for life is a failure.

I would see demonfang more as a demonic weapon that doesn't cost mana just life, remove DOT dmg completely after 3 swings..
      So that people don't spam 3x without thinking, let it be high dmg but at the cost of killing yourself.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Quagga ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

MY bow line is under powered
      if fire, gloves and trinity is used as base

This if multi shot and frost shot combo does not exist
      Your bow line, almost has the mobility of gloves, issue is, it doesn't have the damage and utility..

Gloves is above the baseline..

So in my eyes bow is balanced for Solo..gloves + sword is just OP

But if gloves + sword is okay..bow is UP
    • gloves are busted... the concept of combo weapons itself is not bad, but the amount of damage they do before you get a chance to respond to them, to that loved force field if we are looking at cd cheese is terrible, last days playing arenas i see most 1tricks, displacement is terrible, practically every spell has it, if you don't have low ping or don't spam res pot and wear cloth you either die or have 20% HP left.

triple kick is the biggest design failure, a spell that has interupt,mobility,dmg,displacement,lowcd only missing it's healing and invisibility...
      and the best is a hitbox the size of I don't know what, but sometimes the whole texture is out of range and gets caught anyway.
    • Quagga wrote:

gloves are busted... the concept of combo weapons itself is not bad, but the amount of damage they do before you get a chance to respond to them, to that loved force field if we are looking at cd cheese is terrible, last days playing arenas i see most 1tricks, displacement is terrible, practically every spell has it, if you don't have low ping or don't spam res pot and wear cloth you either die or have 20% HP left.

triple kick is the biggest design failure, a spell that has interupt,mobility,dmg,displacement,lowcd only missing it's healing and invisibility...
      and the best is a hitbox the size of I don't know what, but sometimes the whole texture is out of range and gets caught anyway.
      a well rounded powerfull & dangerous item that is balanced are hellion shoes..

Strong engages, invis, damage buffed, but unfortunately you commit to the fight..

That's why none uses it..free engage..free disengage ..farm pvp ist what Designer build