Weapon balance on the first day of the patch

• Combat Balance
    • Trial_hard wrote:

Sorutkan wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

@VseOtlichno and @Sorutkan

how was your first day?

any broken weapons to report?
      I tested infernal staff and dual swords yet and both are performing good and can't say broken to any of them yet. ( Infernal staff can be a bit op on 5v5 scens, and dual sword can be a new opportunity for corrupted rats)I couldnt figure out which is broken right now but I am sure one-handed fire staff doesnt perform good right now. the E is easily dodgeable and channeling time is too long for maximize damage.
      u qualify definitely for a playtester my friend
      not really, but your level is almost same with retroman. You should be drunk or high to say OP to dual swords. This thing not going to be used anywhere even if they double the buff, just watch and see. I also dont think you are giving realistic feedback about swords since i know you from like 5 seasons beggin them to nerf whole sword line more and more
      quit the game because of lack of content for solo players///11.07.2022

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sorutkan: To be clear ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

@Safumy
      do you take into account different mobs have different resistances?
      as i know every mob have the same resistance in corrupted dungeon and i can send u a few proof the damage difference is huge

clips.twitch.tv/AcceptableLach…atSheffy-18Iv380oKVR805ab after today's maintenance

clips.twitch.tv/PricklyCuteLlamaHotPokket-JPBwDaLBIE7HB1xs after hotfix

@The_Support_God

The post was edited 2 times, last by Safumy ().

• There's virtually no difference between a 30% ms buff and not draining stacks for the dualies, as attack speed only plays a role for Q/AA weaving (4 AA's between Q's as opposed to 3 AA's for 2 stacks and less).

So in reality this would only affect CD ratting and escape builds.
      I still don't like the trend of removing stack requirements where they should be present, so the MS buff on hit sounds better for me.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • The_Support_God wrote:

Q3 holy removed scale with ppl hit because it was stronger than Q1.
      Q1 is reserved for single target but if aoe heal is stronger than Q1 then there would be no point in Q1 existing
      Q3 heals the same as Q1 and has a shorter cast time making it almost impossible to interrupt.
      in my opinion Q1 should heal more than Q3, and Q3 should start scaling better from 3 targets, healing less than Q1 at >3 but =3 and <4.

The_Support_God wrote:

1h fire once players get used to new cancel mechanic then its better than old 1h fire. let the player base figure out weather its worth channeling longer time or instant release at 0.5 sec
      1h fire has the same problem as infernal scythe, E is so obvious and easy to dodge.
      Plus it's toggel, which makes it clunky to play :P
    • Quagga wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

Q3 holy removed scale with ppl hit because it was stronger than Q1.
      Q1 is reserved for single target but if aoe heal is stronger than Q1 then there would be no point in Q1 existing
      Q3 heals the same as Q1 and has a shorter cast time making it almost impossible to interrupt.in my opinion Q1 should heal more than Q3, and Q3 should start scaling better from 3 targets, healing less than Q1 at >3 but =3 and <4.

The_Support_God wrote:

1h fire once players get used to new cancel mechanic then its better than old 1h fire. let the player base figure out weather its worth channeling longer time or instant release at 0.5 sec
      1h fire has the same problem as infernal scythe, E is so obvious and easy to dodge.Plus it's toggel, which makes it clunky to play :P
      1h fire should be good for snipe in terry right now
      quit the game because of lack of content for solo players///11.07.2022
    • blight vs curse. with ...

hunter hood
      cultist robe
      and knight boots?(rej run)

i saw video linked to the fight. dream played very bad

curse was dodging all Q and E with boots run and dream did not use auto to proc thorn stacks
      he also ate several traps and mob dps when running

bro if i was warbow in the same situation with mobs Slowing me down when i run and eating trap damage
      i would have lost.

Nature did not have space to kite there

@Trial_hard
      Also i see problem with nature that the 0.4 cast time people walk around
      but i also see that they dont auto after using Q. even during PvE Dream thief does not auto the mobs as much as he should

And the talk about fire Q2 and curse Q3. not being viable for solo pvp because of projectile speed
      bro every skill deserve to be viable for pvp
      except when you overload the skill with Slow and triple cast to save a Skill

at this point where players just use thorns Q cast and not auto
      you might as well remove the auto attack part and put back the damage to the AoE cast
      because players are NOT using the auto attack part because its "slow and clunky"

and bows have to deal with this slow clunky auto attack that deals little damage
      The Tank Who Bonks

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

curse was dodging all Q and E with boots run and dream did not use auto to proc thorn stack
      That is the reason current implementation of thorns is hot garbage..

U cannot compete in auto vs DPS, that's why u need stay on distance.

The thorns are easy to avoid cause of the low range, small AOE and how long it takes to place them

Basically with easy to avoid, low damage if u manage to catch and missing mobility to get away the patch created a good PvE thing but hot garbage for PvP

The emdiate hot fix must be:

Place it faster, give 1 meter more AOE, remove the weired cool down mechanic (make it 3 thorns then CD) and potentially remove AA damage and increase tick damage..

Either u kite, or u AA but both is stupid
    • Trial_hard wrote:

After today having my fire day..

The W AOE the first with the no cast time, 200 if enemy 600 on AOE on 6 seconds Cooldown...not even a skillshot and almost no energy cost ..

Uff who came to that idea?

I am basically killing everything with just the W

>No cast time
      > Without turning the model to the target
      >You can run away from the target and cast w on them without slowing down.
      hellfire hands enjoyer
      700/700 daggers
      500/700 nature
    • VseOtlichno wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

After today having my fire day..

The W AOE the first with the no cast time, 200 if enemy 600 on AOE on 6 seconds Cooldown...not even a skillshot and almost no energy cost ..

Uff who came to that idea?

I am basically killing everything with just the W
      >No cast time
      > Without turning the model to the target
      >You can run away from the target and cast w on them without slowing down.
      ya I just reflect, start with W, spam some Q or throw in E depending if it popped a defence..if no defence i pop out in 6 secs 3500 damage...

And the best, this damage goes on like this..

I am pretty sure, that's gonna be meta in HG - this continuous pressure is non healable at all

Whatever balance team smokes, i want that, too ...

That would be decent or OP for a fire E, but on a W with 6 secs cooldown (modified ofc.)

Edit: for example Beast plays it too in 2 hg currently..that's so cruel ..haha

The post was edited 2 times, last by Trial_hard ().

• VseOtlichno wrote:

It would be better for everyone if you stop comparing everything to bow.
      i wrote a post today, we need a baseline for 1 on 1 power. At least one weapon of each weapon line should match this baseline..

If it is claymore, gloves then fire is still too strong and balanced to trinity on this baseline..

If fire is the new baseline, everything needs a buff some need "to the moon"..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trial_hard ().

• Ok then what do i compare it to?
      what do i use as baseline?

everyone hates bow mobility combo and range.
      and there was a time where reg bow was a viable solo weapon

then there is frost as the next best range dps with mix of Q spam, CC on E and blink on W

fire ,curse, crossbow does not fit the bill to serve as baseline as they have no mobility skills
      and alot of DPS to match their immobile playstyle

Nature and Holy cannot be used as baseline because they are used as healers
      comparing their DPS build to an actual dps build would be so wrong on many levels

then there is spear?
      the current meta weapon, mix of strong auto attack ability, CC slows, and even mobility and i frame with E choices
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • @The_Support_God posts a lot but has no idea what hes talking about when it comes to balance. Can we get intelligent people on the balancing team? Why is it that every patch is unplayable until multiple rounds of adjustments.

Royal boots Speed +20000%
      Wild Fire True Damage +200%
      Fire Q3 - range of 574 meters
      Infernal Staff, one of the highest bursts in the game and your opponent cant even pop a defensive.

Many suggestions get posted and noone addresses any of them. Then they wonder why noone gives feedback anymore.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Painball ().