Twitch Drops: What They Are and How They Work

• While the whole idea is nice it does feel like you are punishing the players who have skins already unlocked.

It's so frustrating to get something that you already own and then only be able to salvage 10 percent worth...

Either remove the possibility for a duplicate or give 50 to 100 percent of the tokens value... Like this you are only punishing the players who already unlocked skins...

With all the chests, I got only 1 skin I don't already own...

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrsLove ().

• Loveeeeee the drops!

Hey, if it gets me extra skins - let me at it!

SBI & Twitch giving us all kinds of skins!

Ty, great idea - much needed. Can't wait for future drops & improvements. Super fun. And seeing the Albion streamers grow, and host fun activities with the viewers. Very cool.

You know, you all giving skin codes & premium to codes to streamers was also a great idea. Hope to see more of that in the future. I may have won a few - yes a few - giveaways haha.

Love y'all <3 great updates!
    • I've got a problem, i've claimed my green chest on twitch, it appeared on my albion online account but when i want to claim the chest in game, the chest is invisible and i can't take it. SBI, please do something with this bug because i'm not he only one who has this bug.
    • May I suggest that for each twitch streamer, they will have their own unique drops?

As in maybe the devs can communicate directly with the streamers on which vanity the viewers could get (can be a secret between the streamers and the devs).

Example, if we follow certain streamer like beast1k, we will get sheepdog skin, while following dreamthief say you could get specter wolf.
    • MrsLove wrote:

While the whole idea is nice it does feel like you are punishing the players who have skins already unlocked.

It's so frustrating to get something that you already own and then only be able to salvage 10 percent worth...

Either remove the possibility for a duplicate or give 50 to 100 percent of the tokens value... Like this you are only punishing the players who already unlocked skins...

With all the chests, I got only 1 skin I don't already own...
      Personally I wouldn't call it "punishing", as the Twitch drops don't cost you anything and the only "effort" needed to get them is to watch a stream (or have it running in the background). So you are not losing something and while I understand the point that it can be frustrating to get duplicates (I got those too, but that's just how a RNG based setup works) or to get skins you already unlocked for gold prior. You don't really lose anything as you could use those skins when you unlocked them, now we're just giving all players the possibility to get lucky and get those skins. Just like you can also get skins you don't own yet, for free.

Brock_Less_Ice wrote:

May I suggest that for each twitch streamer, they will have their own unique drops?

As in maybe the devs can communicate directly with the streamers on which vanity the viewers could get (can be a secret between the streamers and the devs).

Example, if we follow certain streamer like beast1k, we will get sheepdog skin, while following dreamthief say you could get specter wolf.
      Unfortunately this is impossible. While technically possible, it would be a huge effort to set this up and maintain. We currently have 80+ creators in the creators program and what you suggest would require the system to be changed. Currently the drop chests yield random rewards, your suggestion would require us to set up specific rewards for each streamer. Also, this would require a dedicated Twitch drop campaign for each stream as well, which would mean we'd have dozens of campaigns running at the same time. Not to forget that the team in charge of the Twitch drops would have to regularly discuss with 80+ creators what drops they want (as obviously these would have to change over time etc). This is just not feasible.

Are you a Content Creator? >> Join the Creators Program! | >> Follow the Creators Twitter! | >> Twitch Drops!
    • Hello,

Does anyone know how I can unlink my twitch account if I have lost access to it? I no longer remember the Email that I used and the twitch account is technically lost. But I want to get my rewards, and link albion with another twitch account. If someone knows how to fix this please help me out. I reached out to SBI's support by opening a ticket but they haven't responded yet.
    • Somrani wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can unlink my twitch account if I have lost access to it? I no longer remember the Email that I used and the twitch account is technically lost. But I want to get my rewards, and link albion with another twitch account. If someone knows how to fix this please help me out. I reached out to SBI's support by opening a ticket but they haven't responded yet.
      You will have to get in touch with Twitch to gain access to your account again. Unfortunately we can't unlink Albion accounts from Twitch accounts for users.

Are you a Content Creator? >> Join the Creators Program! | >> Follow the Creators Twitter! | >> Twitch Drops!
    • Shadowbrick wrote:

Somrani wrote:

Hello,

You will have to get in touch with Twitch to gain access to your account again. Unfortunately we can't unlink Albion accounts from Twitch accounts for users.
      Well this is just sad, so I am gonna have my Albion account linked to a twitch account that I no longer have access to for the rest of my life if twitch supports were to deny my ticket?
    • twitch drops is having bug now, you are able to link as many as you wish twitch account into one albion account.
      Say twitch A-Z, and just linked them back with Albion A account.
      meaning, you could receive unlimited twitch drops box!!!!
    • Somrani wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

Somrani wrote:

Hello,

Well this is just sad, so I am gonna have my Albion account linked to a twitch account that I no longer have access to for the rest of my life if twitch supports were to deny my ticket?
      This would be unfortunate indeed, but in the end it's the responsibility of a player to remember the email they used (for Twitch) and make sure to have access to it.

uwuz wrote:

I feel like you should be able to remove the twitch linked accounts via the albion site for people who have lost accounts like Somrai. I think it would be highly helpful.
      This would be helpful indeed, I will forward this to the Twitch drops team.

• Shadowbrick wrote:

Somrani wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

Somrani wrote:

Hello,

This would be unfortunate indeed, but in the end it's the responsibility of a player to remember the email they used (for Twitch) and make sure to have access to it.

uwuz wrote:

I feel like you should be able to remove the twitch linked accounts via the albion site for people who have lost accounts like Somrai. I think it would be highly helpful.
      This would be helpful indeed, I will forward this to the Twitch drops team.
      Yes it is the player's responsibility, but it is not like I intended to do so. I thought that it will be like any other twitch link. Usually I can disconnect it from the game's website directly why do I have to log in into twitch to do that? For example in League Of Legend's website I can disconnect a twitch account from my game's account in 2 seconds without having to log in into twitch.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

@Shadowbrick can you do something about the god-awful noise the chests makes when people spam them? It's the silver bags and tomes all over again.

Blenfjorn wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

And the noise pollution these chests cause in the cities?
      I haven't seen (well, heard) this myself yet, at least not when it came to chests. The amount of chests people get is quite limited (due to the timer on the drops), but let me know where you've noticed this and how frequently it happens.

• Shadowbrick wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

@Shadowbrick can you do something about the god-awful noise the chests makes when people spam them? It's the silver bags and tomes all over again.

Blenfjorn wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

And the noise pollution these chests cause in the cities?
      I haven't seen (well, heard) this myself yet, at least not when it came to chests. The amount of chests people get is quite limited (due to the timer on the drops), but let me know where you've noticed this and how frequently it happens.
      Thank you for the reply. I have had a few instances of walking into an area when someone was spamming chests or rewards from the chests or whatever, it it was a very obnoxious noise. And as more and more people opt into this it is only going to get worse. I will try to record an instance of it, but right now I am off the game for about a week for reasons unrelated to this. When I am back I will try to record it, but I wouldn't be posting about it if it wasn't super annoying.