[RESOLVED] Extended Maintenance

• SalziN wrote:

It's very unfair that they don't take responsibility for the lost time, because it's 1 hour today, 3 hours tomorrow, 1 hour later, 1 hour later, 1 hour later, 1 hour later when you'll see you've lost premium days.
      You still get all the bonuses that come with the premium for every day you have it. For example, you may eventually lose 24 hours from downtime, but unless the server is down for 24 consecutive hours, then you're not missing out on the daily key bonus, or anything else that comes with it. Sometimes you just gotta adjust your playing time for this kind of stuff.

BTW, yellow status now, looks like it is almost coming up.
    • DavidGoodwill wrote:

You signed this contract when you accepted terms and conditions of the game: albiononline.com/en/terms_and_conditions#Availability

It's all in there, just need to read it

Midgard wrote:

Maybe you should actually try reading the Terms of Service that you signed up to ...
      i didnt sign anything... and thank you but iam not interested in reading any mumbo jumbo am sure their hineys are legally covered... there is a difference about being legally in your right and being fair/straightup with your customers

Blenfjorn wrote:

The occasional compensation when the game goes down for a long time unexpectedly is nice, even if they don't have to do it, but when they announce the long maintenance in advance, and it is for the betterment of the game, asking to be compensated for that is a bit much. Don't be greedy.
      12 hours is not really in advance when your customers are from all over the world and half of them is asleep...

please do let everyone know what "betterment" you will experience once the game is available again...

they used to provide some compensation? i havent seen any (yet) for march 9, april 28 or may 5 and now may 31

seems iam not the one that has become greedy...
    • Originally I think premium always stopped counting down if you logged off. I would say it’s kinda a poor feature that any time we want off Albion, Premium is still running in the background of our account. It should just pause any time we log off, and it gives the premium rewards like focus for everyday that the premium counts down. Essentially this will also making focus crafting harder aswell.
    • notthinkingaboutit wrote:

12 hours is not really in advance when your customers are from all over the world and half of them is asleep...
      please do let everyone know what "betterment" you will experience once the game is available again...

they used to provide some compensation? i havent seen any (yet) for march 9, april 28 or may 5 and now may 31

seems iam not the one that has become greedy...
      12 hours is plenty advanced notice time, it was only down for a couple hours longer than normal. No big deal.

The betterment is behind the scenes, they explained this in the announcement.

Yes they have compensated in the past but that was for unscheduled outages, often caused by hacks and ransomers. And the downtimes were way longer and more often. This is not the same, they announced it first.

And yes, you're the one being greedy here.
    • By you clicking accept to the EULA you agree to the game's ToS. That is a binding agreement between both parties. Your ignorance is not a just cause ;)

notthinkingaboutit wrote:

Midgard wrote:

you ticked a box and clicked a button saying you agreed when you launched the game .. that was you signing up to their ToS
      thats your perspective and am sure thats legal in some countries but to some its just clicking away spamno signature no signing ;)
    • noxmortus wrote:

By you clicking accept to the EULA you agree to the game's ToS. That is a binding agreement between both parties. Your ignorance is not a just cause
      actually ignorace can be the perfect excuse in a lot of situations ;)

clicking away a button does not mean you agree to anything, it just means you click away spam

a legal binding agreement requires that both parties agree and understand what they are agreeing to and both parties need to be made aware its a contract...

a legal binding agreement requires that both parties agree and understand what they are agreeing to and both parties need to be made aware its a contract...
      That’s literally any TOS, all games and websites have a Terms of Service that states that you agree with the terms they set, and that is what you agree to, and you cannot just say it’s spam since it’s literally a type of company policy and rules that you must follow or your not allowed to participate with whatever you had agreed to. And even if some places don’t really have terms of service matter, anything outside of that place it does matter and you should respect those terms as much as you can.

And yes I’m also a person that clicks away immediately at the ToS, it’s just that I know some basic rules of any game, and with those basic rules in mind I stay mostly quiet and just throw a bit of chatting here and there and give good suggestions and opinions, and if I were to be told something was out of line I would accept it and move on and try not to let it happen again.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThreeHades ().

• ThreeHades wrote:

That’s literally any TOS, all games and websites have a Terms of Service that states that you agree with the terms they set, and that is what you agree to, and you cannot just say it’s spam since it’s literally a type of company policy and rules that you must follow or your not allowed to participate with whatever you had agreed to. And even if some places don’t really have terms of service matter, anything outside of that place it does matter and you should respect those terms as much as you can.

And yes I’m also a person that clicks away immediately at the ToS, it’s just that I know some basic rules of any game, and with those basic rules in mind I stay mostly quiet and just throw a bit of chatting here and there and give good suggestions and opinions, and if I were to be told something was out of line I would accept it and move on and try not to let it happen again.
      yes lol spam can be found everywhere and of course i can just say its spam, because to me it is spam

there will always be companies and certain people that try to tell others what to do, how to act and what to say or not say...
      some people will just blindly accept that and obey and even enjoy that, fair enough and to each their own

personally i dont enjoy spam so i click it away :D

ThreeHades wrote:

yes lol spam can be found everywhere and of course i can just say its spam, because to me it is spam
      there will always be companies and certain people that try to tell others what to do, how to act and what to say or not say...
      some people will just blindly accept that and obey and even enjoy that, fair enough and to each their own

personally i dont enjoy spam so i click it away :D
      And then if you brake the rules that you basically clicked away as spam and then you would think it’s fine, but to the people that are just tryna run everything and keep everything in order you are basically a nuisance.

And no it’s not “a button” it’s legit the contract that honestly a lot of people don’t read, but you should still follow some simple rules that most games have and you shouldn’t try and bark up the “compensation” for time they need to maintain the game and make sure there is no malware in the system (even though they still legit ignore the state of mobile and farther out players past the United States, there is a load of players with high ping even with stuff to lower it). And if they didn’t do maintenance at all then the game would be easily hackable.

Just ask for a fix to make premium pauseable, and not ask for compensation or whatever the original argument was.
    • ThreeHades wrote:

And then if you brake the rules that you basically clicked away as spam and then you would think it’s fine, but to the people that are just tryna run everything and keep everything in order you are basically a nuisance.
      if i have to deal with their spam then they can deal with my nuisance lol

ThreeHades wrote:

And no it’s not “a button” it’s legit the contract that honestly a lot of people don’t read, but you should still follow some simple rules that most games have and you shouldn’t try and bark up the “compensation” for time they need to maintain the game and make sure there is no malware in the system (even though they still legit ignore the state of mobile and farther out players past the United States, there is a load of players with high ping even with stuff to lower it). And if they didn’t do maintenance at all then the game would be easily hackable.

Just ask for a fix to make premium pauseable, and not ask for compensation or whatever the original argument was.
      we all have our opinions and the choice to follow rules or not

since i havent seen any evidence iam not so sure that the latest extra time was needed to "maintain the game" or that it was to protect the system from malware or hackers lol or that it had any benefit at all to the game and its users

there was no argument at all; my original message was to inform you that the login message stated that they were "upgrading network hardware" and that i was looking forward to hear how sbi will compensate everyone for all the lost premium time

i think a permanent fix like extra servers outside usa or pausing premium time is not on their priority list and probably is a bit too difficult / costly for them to implement

how about a little in-game message with a simple acknowledgement stating they regret the lost premium time (because it is adding up to quite a lot of hours; march 9, april 28, may 5 and now may 31) perhaps with attached some tomes or useless fireworks (that i would immediately delete lol) that would have been a fair and cheap way to "take responsibility and let customers know they care" ?

i think a permanent fix like extra servers outside usa or pausing premium time is not on their priority list and probably is a bit too difficult / costly for them to implement.
      Lots of small games have servers, even FrostBorn has servers, even though the devs still have not fixed player progress loss which has lasted for years, and you must go through a lengthy process to just get your progress back for the 5th time in a row.
    • Technically he isn't breaking rules, he is just being stubborn and expecting compensation. He is saying the rules he signed up for are not valid because he considers them spam. I don't think that attitude in itself is a breakage of any of the rules. He is just being stupid. The fact that other players here (players who would benefit from the same hypothetical compensation package) are saying it isn't necessary in this case should clue him in that he is overreacting, but I guess that isn't happening. In a real bad situation, this thread would be flooded with multiple players asking for compensation, and SBI would gladly give it (speaking from experience here).

SBI has been more than fair to us in these situations when warranted. The plain and simple truth is that here it is not warranted. I will gladly accept a 3 hour down-time every so often to keep the game clean of bugs and stuff, even if it is behind the scenes stuff that I won't even notice when logging in. Most players are the same, I am sure. Except for at least one.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Technically he isn't breaking rules, he is just being stubborn and expecting compensation. He is saying the rules he signed up for are not valid because he considers them spam. I don't think that attitude in itself is a breakage of any of the rules. He is just being stupid. The fact that other players here (players who would benefit from the same hypothetical compensation package) are saying it isn't necessary in this case should clue him in that he is overreacting, but I guess that isn't happening. In a real bad situation, this thread would be flooded with multiple players asking for compensation, and SBI would gladly give it (speaking from experience here).

SBI has been more than fair to us in these situations when warranted. The plain and simple truth is that here it is not warranted. I will gladly accept a 3 hour down-time every so often to keep the game clean of bugs and stuff, even if it is behind the scenes stuff that I won't even notice when logging in. Most players are the same, I am sure. Except for at least one.
      It’s cleans up only the game’s bugs but does not fix the ping/ms spikes and massive crashing the mobile is getting right now, and the only way to survive on mobile is to legit just spend like $700 or more to get a new mobile device that’s beefy (even though for that price you can get a pre built PC XD).
    • ThreeHades wrote:

It’s cleans up only the game’s bugs but does not fix the ping/ms spikes and massive crashing the mobile is getting right now, and the only way to survive on mobile is to legit just spend like $700 or more to get a new mobile device that’s beefy (even though for that price you can get a pre built PC XD).
      Sure there is other work to do. I wasn't disputing that at all. Just saying down-time to work on stuff isn't worthy of everyone getting free stuff.

Sometimes the fixes lead to new bugs. I actually discovered a bug today that I am going to post.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Technically he isn't breaking rules, he is just being stubborn and expecting compensation. He is saying the rules he signed up for are not valid because he considers them spam. I don't think that attitude in itself is a breakage of any of the rules. He is just being stupid. The fact that other players here (players who would benefit from the same hypothetical compensation package) are saying it isn't necessary in this case should clue him in that he is overreacting, but I guess that isn't happening. In a real bad situation, this thread would be flooded with multiple players asking for compensation, and SBI would gladly give it (speaking from experience here).

oh i didnt and dont really expect any compensation and would even agree that it doesnt "require" any compensation; because iam sure thats all legally covered, especially when its just a rare extra hour or 2 "maintenance"

interesting, perhaps that was before i started playing this game; when did this bad situation occur where you received compensation? was it a general compensation to everyone or just to those that complained?

follow up question to you is when is it that bad that you feel that compensation would be a nice or fair thing to happen? only when a company legally has to do so or only when lots of people complain about it in these forums?

how many unplayable hours would be enough for you?
      (i only play a few hours almost every day but if i count up the unplayable time i experienced since march its about 15 hours; excluding the normal "maintenance hours" and for me personally that is more than enough to bring it to everyones attention)