Zerg Ganking

• Combat Balance
    • HiroNoUnmei wrote:

The zerg Gankers are ruining the game. I like PVP. I like the challange of a fight. The problem: there is no challenge anymore. Its just mass 20 vs 3

The teleoprt as I saw it, have to be paid. Everyone who tried to teleport with resoources from one city to another knows thats to expensive to do. So teleporting out of bz is not for gatherers.

And it will not avoid the zerg-ig: the contrary since now also outposts will be random they even more motivated to roam around. BZ is just zerg area. The best solution would be buff Ava roads:Fame and Chests so there is any motivation to go there. But ava roads are dead. There is no conent there. So as small skale group you have no space in Albion and to be honest I am tired of the zerg gankers. And after over 2 years of albion I consider quiting the game. I do not want to I like the concept and all but the blobb ganking makes it simply impossible to play.

and actually not only the zergs destroy the game: also the Static rats, the Portal rats, the loot rats, the crystal double healer rats, the hg rats, the cd rats.....
      thats actualy wrong.
      u have a high base fee but weight adds just a small silver fee even at 10+ distance.
      get a good mount or bag and teleport will be worth after you gathered.
      tried it at staging with several bags and inventory loads.

EDIT: and roads will get huge buffs this year btw. sbi did post this information on twitter. roads will get the dynamic events from outlands and a full rework after the mists.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CallMeGosu ().

• Gratinus wrote:

Reef wrote:

It is too easy to avoid fights in game. Thats why to mass for good gank is a must. And you can't punish them - they use mobility, then mount and ride away.
      Zergs are the only way to overcome carebear wall made by developers in open world. Sad but true.
      Yes it's a polemic theme and difficult to solve. In a large alianca or coalition there is still room for solo players and small groups to venture into the black zone. Let's wait for new looks at the avalon roads and the mist. Maybe in the future add skills to all mounts, gank skills and new escape skills.
      At most I want the new escape skill “instanced travel” to be a scout feature and not something with anything but scouting gathering routes/dungeon spawns and learning how to avoid gankers and not use the teleport feature to wimp out on traveling back to the city to make bank, it then would allow for people to learn without the feature being entirely exploitable. We don’t need carebear features since this game is meant to have risk involved and not ease of mind.
    • ThreeHades wrote:

Gratinus wrote:

Reef wrote:

It is too easy to avoid fights in game. Thats why to mass for good gank is a must. And you can't punish them - they use mobility, then mount and ride away.
      Zergs are the only way to overcome carebear wall made by developers in open world. Sad but true.
      Yes it's a polemic theme and difficult to solve. In a large alianca or coalition there is still room for solo players and small groups to venture into the black zone. Let's wait for new looks at the avalon roads and the mist. Maybe in the future add skills to all mounts, gank skills and new escape skills.
      At most I want the new escape skill “instanced travel” to be a scout feature and not something with anything but scouting gathering routes/dungeon spawns and learning how to avoid gankers and not use the teleport feature to wimp out on traveling back to the city to make bank, it then would allow for people to learn without the feature being entirely exploitable. We don’t need carebear features since this game is meant to have risk involved and not ease of mind.
      but isnt ganking also a carebear feature?
      i mean, i have no problems with ganking but you rly cant lose in the long run. u chill next to save zonings like portal, invis, yellow zone and so on and you just leave if shit is getting hot.
      the port prevent this and at the end stands the question: whats more carebear? is it risk free ganking or prevent risk free gankers from making risk free money with a teleport feature?
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

ThreeHades wrote:

Gratinus wrote:

Reef wrote:

but isnt ganking also a carebear feature?i mean, i have no problems with ganking but you rly cant lose in the long run. u chill next to save zonings like portal, invis, yellow zone and so on and you just leave if shit is getting hot.
      the port prevent this and at the end stands the question: whats more carebear? is it risk free ganking or prevent risk free gankers from making risk free money with a teleport feature?
      But ganking isn’t made by devs, and ganking is pretty much a guild activity to gain player kill fame and to defend guild territories, which is most adopted by Arch, which is a big alliance defending one another, in other words it’s a strategy. But what the devs implement into the game is a carebear feature were it just helps every single player but also provides a exploit since it makes a part of the game easier. Also ganking is not entirely risk free, since there are some weapons like the Kingmaker which can do massive AOE damage just like all Avalonian Weapons. And also you have certain weapon combinations that can deal more safe and tanky AOE damage that still does equal to even more damage than the Avalonian weapons, such as the Infernal staff with the fire tornado and the tombhammer with the stun ability, that combination completely makes players defenseless.

But the carebear features that SBI implements into Albion just pushes away its original spike of difference which was something that both was very fun and attracted a lot of players that didn’t like a easy game.
    • Reef wrote:

Downside is they can't make it easier to catch people, because then it's just the 8v1 but even easier.

Roads are just the best solution as they filter group sizes down. Open world cannot be fixed for ganking, it's always going to be a zerg area.

As for carebear, it's mainly just people in groups of 1-2 not wanting to 100% die to groups of 8+ roaming around. I feel like if SBI just make it super easy for the 8+ gank squads, that's just as carebear. I mean, they're already the safest people in the Outlands. It's the small groups who are actually risking themselves.