Zerg Ganking

• Combat Balance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zerg Ganking

As predicted zergs ganking dominate in lands awakening, It's pretty boring to play in the black zone, every time you zone a map ganking groups chase you. Zerg ganking is a problem of 2019 why hasn't it been solved yet? Besides the most besides these zerg walk from 8.3, experienced players with elite level. These pk blobs never fight other partys of the same size, only against weaker blobs.
      I beg a developer to play 1 day of albion and see the state the game is in.

The way it is, need to bring the disarray for 10+ players,

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gratinus ().

• I have already solved how to fix this issue and it simply put is: when a group of 3 players and higher try to attack a solo player they will not be able to hit that player or just will have all of their damage reduced for every player in your party or how many friends you have in a certain area with you to attack that player, but when 2 or 1 player attack a solo player they don’t get the nerf. But when 2 party’s with the same size of either exact, lower by one, or higher by one player can attack each other with no drawback to attack power. Maybe say a ZvZ of 20v20 attack, neither size is penalized, if a side had 19 player against 20, there will be no penalization, if there was a 20v21 there would be no penalization, but if it was a 20v22 then the higher side would be penalized with a one player attack power nerf.

Also to recognize a enemy party there would a be party player count next to player’s names to count all of the players in their party including themself.

This function easily fixes ganking and would allow some players to escape with less damage than normal and can’t be fixed with the gankers adding more numbers, and doing so will just decrease their damage even more. This feature would also apply to friends if you attack with them against 1 player or accleast with a uneven number, and guild members would also apply with the same effect if they attack the same player they are penalized if they have uneven numbers, and how I say those 2 things is if they aren’t in a party. If so then players can bypass the system by just being friended to not do each other damage and same goes for guilds.
    • I solved this issue too.

1. Take your 60k of gear
      2. Go earn 2 mil open world fame and 400k silver from overworld mobs in ~1 hour
      3. Use gank group as a 60k town portal until the actual one comes on the 8th

It actually works well for everyone. You get a quick portal home, and they get a 1v6 where the guy doesn't bother fighting back, which is their ideal fight :P
    • Fikule wrote:

I solved this issue too.

1. Take your 60k of gear

It actually works well for everyone. You get a quick portal home, and they get a 1v6 where the guy doesn't bother fighting back, which is their ideal fight :P
      Only problem is if you get some expensive items while killing open world mobs. Like maybe a 300k item, then you wouldn’t want to kill yourself. Also why find a gank when you can do /suicide
    • ThreeHades wrote:

Fikule wrote:

I solved this issue too.

1. Take your 60k of gear

Only problem is if you get some expensive items while killing open world mobs. Like maybe a 300k item, then you wouldn’t want to kill yourself. Also why find a gank when you can do /suicide
      It was mainly a joke. I generally do /suicide to "portal" home.

The advantage of open world mobs is the majority of their silver comes from actual silver drops rather than items, so it's all safe money.

You are right though, I generally curse getting a good item. If it's really good, I'll try to go back. If not, I'll generally just trash it and move on. ~150k isn't worth trekking 8 zones for example.

The silver drops, combined with the extreme fame for such low gear requirements makes me believe open world is pretty much just the safest fame farming available right now. I risk ~60k in gear for millions in fame and multiple gear replacements in silver. And if someone does kill me, they get almost nothing as I didn't need to take anything of value for the content. It's like only needing a T3 Axe to chop T8.3 trees

The post was edited 3 times, last by Fikule ().

• ThreeHades wrote:

I have already solved how to fix this issue and it simply put is: when a group of 3 players and higher try to attack a solo player they will not be able to hit that player or just will have all of their damage reduced for every player in your party or how many friends you have in a certain area with you to attack that player, but when 2 or 1 player attack a solo player they don’t get the nerf. But when 2 party’s with the same size of either exact, lower by one, or higher by one player can attack each other with no drawback to attack power. Maybe say a ZvZ of 20v20 attack, neither size is penalized, if a side had 19 player against 20, there will be no penalization, if there was a 20v21 there would be no penalization, but if it was a 20v22 then the higher side would be penalized with a one player attack power nerf.

Also to recognize a enemy party there would a be party player count next to player’s names to count all of the players in their party including themself.

This function easily fixes ganking and would allow some players to escape with less damage than normal and can’t be fixed with the gankers adding more numbers, and doing so will just decrease their damage even more. This feature would also apply to friends if you attack with them against 1 player or accleast with a uneven number, and guild members would also apply with the same effect if they attack the same player they are penalized if they have uneven numbers, and how I say those 2 things is if they aren’t in a party. If so then players can bypass the system by just being friended to not do each other damage and same goes for guilds.
      it was nothing of that i meant, Are you crazy man?
      Problem is 20x1 or 24x5 (when disarray begins), there's no escaping.
    • Gratinus wrote:

ThreeHades wrote:

I have already solved how to fix this issue and it simply put is: when a group of 3 players and higher try to attack a solo player they will not be able to hit that player or just will have all of their damage reduced for every player in your party or how many friends you have in a certain area with you to attack that player, but when 2 or 1 player attack a solo player they don’t get the nerf. But when 2 party’s with the same size of either exact, lower by one, or higher by one player can attack each other with no drawback to attack power. Maybe say a ZvZ of 20v20 attack, neither size is penalized, if a side had 19 player against 20, there will be no penalization, if there was a 20v21 there would be no penalization, but if it was a 20v22 then the higher side would be penalized with a one player attack power nerf.

it was nothing of that i meant, Are you crazy man?Problem is 20x1 or 24x5 (when disarray begins), there's no escaping.
      If it’s 20x1 then the gankers gonna be doing almost no damage at all, but the counter function is that if you attack the gankers then the system won’t work in your favor for escaping.

It’s an easy fix, you just have to understand it, and once you do you will see how it will easily nerf ganking.
    • The zerg Gankers are ruining the game. I like PVP. I like the challange of a fight. The problem: there is no challenge anymore. Its just mass 20 vs 3

The teleoprt as I saw it, have to be paid. Everyone who tried to teleport with resoources from one city to another knows thats to expensive to do. So teleporting out of bz is not for gatherers.

And it will not avoid the zerg-ig: the contrary since now also outposts will be random they even more motivated to roam around. BZ is just zerg area. The best solution would be buff Ava roads:Fame and Chests so there is any motivation to go there. But ava roads are dead. There is no conent there. So as small skale group you have no space in Albion and to be honest I am tired of the zerg gankers. And after over 2 years of albion I consider quiting the game. I do not want to I like the concept and all but the blobb ganking makes it simply impossible to play.

and actually not only the zergs destroy the game: also the Static rats, the Portal rats, the loot rats, the crystal double healer rats, the hg rats, the cd rats.....
    • Make it so the more people attack a target the more trashed the gear gets. Not just lower durability but make it so the gear is actually trashed. If there is nothing to gain from blob ganking money wise then they would have to gank with less
    • ThreeHades wrote:

Are u suggest a way to buff those rat?
    • We do alot of full party group ganking in bz and base on my experience, the easiest way to make our job harder is to introduce to escape route (e.g: road of avalon). Even if u make disarray for that ganking party, what the point if there is no way u can fight back, u can live a little bit longer and go through exit if u are too near to the zone exit. So just make more escape route on the map. Also ganking group will focus on the most valuable zones which mean tier 7/8, I suggest broadening the resources distribution so that high tier resources have a rare chance to spawn at lower tier zone, which is not favored for large ganking group but will scatter player distribution all over the bz.
    • JusSomeGuy wrote:

Make it so the more people attack a target the more trashed the gear gets. Not just lower durability but make it so the gear is actually trashed. If there is nothing to gain from blob ganking money wise then they would have to gank with less

Chaosme22 wrote:

ThreeHades wrote:

Are u suggest a way to buff those rat?
      @JusSomeGuy some gankers don’t just gank for loot and silver, they do it to protect their territory, and what they are protecting inside their territory is gatherers and crafters, and trying to scout out energy to upgrade their hideout with more energy.

And @Chaosme22 what I’m saying is for open world ganking and does not support PvP for the smaller side of a 1v20 or a 5v20, it would cancel the assistance of the attack reduction and then it would be their 100% strength. In full it would just protect solo players that solo gather, and there should be a circle around chests that will remove that solo assist so that it’s always a 100% fight, but only small chests ment for solo players won’t have that reduction and it will actually make it so that even if the solo player hit the gank while in the small chest circle then the gankers will still have a damage reduction, so they might aswell go elsewhere than be in a death trap of solo players near small chests. And it basically sums up getting rid of massive groups ganging up against one small player just trying to challenge themselves with harder content.
    • Maybe they can do a Full PVP Zone around small chests: Like everyone who enter will "flag" ignoring Guilds, Alliances and Groups. Sure you can agree in coms not to attaque but in the end only one will be able to open the chest that will scare bigger groups from this solo player content.
    • Reef wrote:

It is too easy to avoid fights in game. Thats why to mass for good gank is a must. And you can't punish them - they use mobility, then mount and ride away.
      Zergs are the only way to overcome carebear wall made by developers in open world. Sad but true.
      I mean historically speaking I think there is bandits if you adventured, they would attack you on the rode away from any city’s and kill you and take all of your belongings. So seems more like it should be there than not be there. Just feel like any other feature is better than the teleport feature with its current rules. I would say the teleport feature should just be a scout feature that literally is as it sounds it will cancel your teleport to a city if you do anything interactive with anything, other than killing mobs unless if you loot them then yeah it will cancel the teleport. If it was just a scout feature then the most you can do is learn how to avoid ganks and learn the best gathering routes or where all of the dungeons spawn.

Just need anything else but what carebear function they want to implement, this is ment to be a difficult game not a easy game.
    • Reef wrote:

It is too easy to avoid fights in game. Thats why to mass for good gank is a must. And you can't punish them - they use mobility, then mount and ride away.
      Zergs are the only way to overcome carebear wall made by developers in open world. Sad but true.
      Yes it's a polemic theme and difficult to solve. In a large alianca or coalition there is still room for solo players and small groups to venture into the black zone. Let's wait for new looks at the avalon roads and the mist. Maybe in the future add skills to all mounts, gank skills and new escape skills.