Cleric robe restricts variety and build design

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cleric robe restricts variety and build design

The cooldown doesn't matter, what matters is that the first time it pops, it absorbs hundreds of damage from any DoT or late damage and gives a big damage buff to turn the tide.

I'm sure everyone knows just how many builds use the cleric robe, some don't even think about it since it's just so much value into one item. It provides immunity to burst or to finishers, it enables burst and finishers, it enables resetting from almost dead to full hp cause of healing bonus, it makes escaping after a clap too easy, it allows for target execution even while being hit. It's just too many things in one

Idea: Remove the bonus damage completely, healing bonus can stay (since it's a "cleric" robe)

It should be a choice between damage immunity (proposed cleric robe) and damage bonus (druid, royal), not both in a neat bundle.
    • Lumintorious wrote:

The cooldown doesn't matter, what matters is that the first time it pops, it absorbs hundreds of damage from any DoT or late damage and gives a big damage buff to turn the tide.

I'm sure everyone knows just how many builds use the cleric robe, some don't even think about it since it's just so much value into one item. It provides immunity to burst or to finishers, it enables burst and finishers, it enables resetting from almost dead to full hp cause of healing bonus, it makes escaping after a clap too easy, it allows for target execution even while being hit. It's just too many things in one

Idea: Remove the bonus damage completely, healing bonus can stay (since it's a "cleric" robe)

It should be a choice between damage immunity (proposed cleric robe) and damage bonus (druid, royal), not both in a neat bundle.
      Did you straight up just steal my thread and make it here? lmfao you even used my "cleric" robe comment.
      I play Albion for the plot. (.)(.)
      ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • Good_vs_Evil wrote:

Lumintorious wrote:

Did you straight up just steal my thread and make it here? lmfao you even used my "cleric" robe comment.
      Haha, I actually did not. It is just common sense to me that a cleric robe should be useful for clerics.
    • Mrpotato wrote:

Id just make it so it doesnt triggers with DoT or reflected damage
      This is the obvious change needed and not sure why it has not happened already. Same change has already been made with mage robe and mercenary jacket. The drawback to cleric robe is it can be completely negated if you pay attention during the fight and don't attack but DoT players just get fucked no matter what in current design since their DoTs just auto activate robe.
    • The other base robes seem "meh" too, which doesn't help when it comes to everyone just taking the cleric robe. There's no comparative base option in terms of power. I do think it could lose the damage, but maybe tweak the Mage Robe at the same time.

Scholar Robe is good, but only for very specific builds.

Mage Robe feels like a lesser cleric robe, where you exchange immunity and damage for mild defense and enemy purge... and it's an ability shared with he lumberjack garb,
    • It would be nice to have the Cultist Robe back in the mix again... perhaps it is a moment to return the 'Physical Immunity' it enjoyed whilst channeling, now that it's other issues have been sorted out, to add variety and also give Cloth a much needed boost against melle dominant groups. It would make sense given the revamp to magic staves.
    • After the magic staff redesign maybe a full armour redesign with two unique skills per armour and give plate a pvp passive or something instead of two pve options only.

More skills more interesting builds, the current balance of armour is fine imo but more choices are always welcome