I hate ratting in corrupted dungeons

• I hate ratting in corrupted dungeons

Ratting CDs should be removed from the game by adding a mechanic that will nerf your loot by half if you break crystals and the nerf will only be removed once you kill another CD player. I know that there are going to people that are going to say "CDs are not implemented as a 1v1 arena but more as a replacement for solo dg diving", and to those people I say shut up. No one enters a CD so that they can kill a helpless fame farmer using a greataxe, scholar cowl, and merc jacket. There is a difference between what CDs are meant to be and what they actually are. Force the rats out of CDs and make them do solo dungeons in the blackzone since they've made it extremely safe and easy to do.
    • It doesnt make sense to add a debuff for breaking the crystals or something like that, if SBI didnt want the option to evade the fight they wouldnt have created the crystals mechanics in the first place, it's just how the system was created to work. I guess It's all a side effect of solo dungeon being so poor in loot, beacuse why else risk go to a corrupted just to run away
    • So you want ganking in CDs to be easier? There are plenty of places to gank, and very little safe areas to get decent loot. Let rats be rats. Or just find and kill them faster. It’s part of the idea. Solo players don’t have many places to go, so making CDs less safe for them isn’t really a fair idea.
    • I don't think you're making a great point here. Ratting is a very viable and profitable way of playing in corrupted dungeons. If someone doesn't want to fight you then they don't have to and that is completely fine. They didn't add the crystals into the Corrupted arenas for nothing... They wanted there to be an escape option, either for people who think they can't win the fight, or for people who just don't want to fight in general.

Rats also still risk losing their items in corrupted dungeons more than they do in solo dungeons. so I suppose that's also a reason that the loot is more promising.
    • In my opinion corrupted dungeons should be replaced with simple 1v1 instance. Imagine a long tunnel it the middle of the tunnel there is a chest. You sign up for que, you get taken to the tunnel, you run as well as your opponent, towards a chest. Than you meet in the middle and get straight to the business, If you win you get the gear I’m wearing plus the contents of the chest. If I win i get your loot plus the chest. Let’s keep it budget friendly with hardcap of let’s say 1000 IP. Simple quick and to the point. None of this pve and ass trickery with traps and crystals.
    • Also what happens if you find a t8 item or some expensive item you want to keep, and then you invade another CD, if there was no way out say goodbye to that expensive item if you lose, plus you would feel a sense of danger and just want to get out if there was no way out.

Legit that’s the point of the crystals it’s there to have you decide if you want to leave or use them strategically and try and lure your enemy into a ambush.
    • I always dread when I invade instead of being invaded. Nothing enjoyable about chasing guys with super mobility and invis pots. We do these dungeons to fight not chase kids. It really needs to be completely overhauled. Hopefully they consider making CDs a more focused fight environment with drastically less PvE and less time between fights when Mists launch. People wanting PvE with some loot can get that from Mists instead at that point.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• I really hope they redesign CD's. Mostly so they stop ruinning other content while trying to balance for it..

But on the rats topic. You can't compare doing solo dungeons with ratting CD's.. Ratting CD's is safer in general, better fame/loot and can be done from caerleon so less running around then popping maps or looking for regular solo dungeons..

So I don't blame the people who rat, if your a solo player trying to fame and build silver, there is no reason not to...

I hope mists gives enough reason for people to do them instead of ratting CD. But while we are at it, maybe they could change that if you get banished to your dungeon, the boss automatically spawn so people who want to do pvp can go back at it faster?
    • I was able to get a few kills in a 5.1 Greataxe build, mind you that it actually takes a strategy. It’s where you try and get the invader running at you and then you start running through mobs without trying to take to much damage at the same time. And then when the invader is weakened you kill them, and if they seem to have a dangerous build then silence them with a demon helmet, and then that’s how you use a Greataxe build as a deadly trap.
    • PaladinoRR wrote:

I really hope they redesign CD's. Mostly so they stop ruinning other content while trying to balance for it..
      If they wanted to balance a weapon that is too strong in corrupteds without affecting other aspects of the game they could make it so the changes they make take affect only in CDs. Just like what they are doing with healing weapons in this upcoming update. I believe they use corrupteds as an excuse rather than valid reason to nerf weapons.
    • Drunkhog wrote:

If they wanted to balance a weapon that is too strong in corrupteds without affecting other aspects of the game they could make it so the changes they make take affect only in CDs.
      The problem is they don't have enough resources to maintain multiple set of abilities with that much weapons/armors & their combination.
      Solo/duo player.
      Max spec in all staves, hammers, maces, spears, and war gloves.
      Max spec in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions & food crafter.