I hate ratting in corrupted dungeons

• Again it is a design issue not even a balance problem. The Corrupted dungeon design is somehow larger than 2v2 and 5v5 HGs even though it is meant for 1v1 fighting. This makes no sense. Kiting builds will always seem oppressively OP in CD design because they can essentially always pick and choose when to fight. They can reset multiple times until bats become a potential issue and then at that point just break. Bats slow should immediately kick in at first bat not number 9.

Most frustrating part is the Devs in current design have not at least offered the option to reinvade immediately after shard breaks. This is the minimum they could do to make up for completely wasted time of the PvPers looking to fight.
    • Vala89 wrote:

If someone doesn't want to fight you then they don't have to and that is completely fine. They didn't add the crystals into the Corrupted arenas for nothing... They wanted there to be an escape option, either for people who think they can't win the fight, or for people who just don't want to fight in general.
      I don't think that having an escape option is bad. If your opponent's build heavily counters yours then you should be able to have a chance at skipping. After you skip, your dungeon loot will be pretty bad but you can immediately remove the debuff by killing the next person your encounter in cds.

Vala89 wrote:

Ratting is a very viable and profitable way of playing in corrupted dungeons.
      It shouldn't be viable and it shouldn't be profitable.

Vala89 wrote:

Rats also still risk losing their items in corrupted dungeons more than they do in solo dungeons. so I suppose that's also a reason that the loot is more promising.
      1. The "rat" could be a sword stacker that's pretending to rat so I can't really swap to catch Abilities because if the "rat" isn't really a rat, I die.
      2. Unless you're using a weapon that has good mobility, you don't really have a chance at catching the rats
    • Ayyezza wrote:

So you want ganking in CDs to be easier? .
      No, I don't want to *gank* people. I want to have a fair match against another player that wants to kill me

Ayyezza wrote:

Solo players don’t have many places to go, so making CDs less safe for them isn’t really a fair idea.
      Do you know what group of players make the most amount of money? CD players. Do you know why they're making the most money despite being solo players? Because they actually practiced and got good at the game.

ThreeHades wrote:

Also what happens if you find a t8 item or some expensive item you want to keep, and then you invade another CD, if there was no way out say goodbye to that expensive item if you lose, plus you would feel a sense of danger and just want to get out if there was no way out.
      That's why I'm only proposing a temporary loot nerf. After you break, you can go bank and once you come back your loot will be pretty bad but once you kill another player, the loot you get will be normal again.

ThreeHades wrote:

Legit that’s the point of the crystals it’s there to have you decide if you want to leave or use them strategically and try and lure your enemy into a ambush.
      Ambushes should not be a viable strat. I don't want to be thinking about whether or not the person running through mobs is a rat or a prestacking sword user.

ThreeHades wrote:

I was able to get a few kills in a 5.1 Greataxe build, mind you that it actually takes a strategy. It’s where you try and get the invader running at you and then you start running through mobs without trying to take to much damage at the same time. And then when the invader is weakened you kill them, and if they seem to have a dangerous build then silence them with a demon helmet, and then that’s how you use a Greataxe build as a deadly trap.
      Essentially you can only win if your opponent is either someone that is gullible as a child that doesn't know that the man luring him into a van with candy is actually a kidnapper, or someone that is so fed up with your discount Equart strategy that he just barrels towards you in a blind rage?

The man in the van is more convincing.
    • Well, the next Super Rat build is introduced and it is not even artifact..

Dual swords need no target and don't loose Stacks on E.

Now you have a super run weapon - As long as they give super speed engage & disengage & not fix CD Design - basically this insane cool PvP experience will go on..
    • I am with you bro <3, I hate the escapists and those who refuse is because they themselves are escapists.

The perfect solution is this:

Totem is always activated to look for matches and if you break the last glass, go directly from the corrupt and you will have to look for another again.

This will make the escapists become heavy and not profitable. People who tend to escape everything also fight more

Solved

@Stardust968485
    • Stardust968485 wrote:

Ayyezza wrote:

So you want ganking in CDs to be easier? .
      No, I don't want to *gank* people. I want to have a fair match against another player that wants to kill me

Ayyezza wrote:

Solo players don’t have many places to go, so making CDs less safe for them isn’t really a fair idea.
      Do you know what group of players make the most amount of money? CD players. Do you know why they're making the most money despite being solo players? Because they actually practiced and got good at the game.

ThreeHades wrote:

Also what happens if you find a t8 item or some expensive item you want to keep, and then you invade another CD, if there was no way out say goodbye to that expensive item if you lose, plus you would feel a sense of danger and just want to get out if there was no way out.
      That's why I'm only proposing a temporary loot nerf. After you break, you can go bank and once you come back your loot will be pretty bad but once you kill another player, the loot you get will be normal again.

ThreeHades wrote:

Legit that’s the point of the crystals it’s there to have you decide if you want to leave or use them strategically and try and lure your enemy into a ambush.
      Ambushes should not be a viable strat. I don't want to be thinking about whether or not the person running through mobs is a rat or a prestacking sword user.

ThreeHades wrote:

I was able to get a few kills in a 5.1 Greataxe build, mind you that it actually takes a strategy. It’s where you try and get the invader running at you and then you start running through mobs without trying to take to much damage at the same time. And then when the invader is weakened you kill them, and if they seem to have a dangerous build then silence them with a demon helmet, and then that’s how you use a Greataxe build as a deadly trap.
      Essentially you can only win if your opponent is either someone that is gullible as a child that doesn't know that the man luring him into a van with candy is actually a kidnapper, or someone that is so fed up with your discount Equart strategy that he just barrels towards you in a blind rage?
      The man in the van is more convincing.
      What i meant by getting a tier 8 item is when you still have not invaded or been invaded and since you had used the shrine you must eventually find someone or be found and then you must kill them or be killed, if your idea is how I think it is (not wanting escape crystals) then it will be a bit harder to think since in your head it would be like I don’t wanna lose this item, or something like that.