Into the Fray Arrives June 8

• Into the Fray Arrives June 8

June 8 marks the launch of Albion’s newest content update: Into the Fray. This update brings significant changes for new and experienced players alike, with fully reworked Magic Staffs, improved Castles and Castle Outposts, and new Crystal League and Arena modes bringing broad improvements to combat. New Portal Towns smooth the experience of entering the Outlands, and Daily Events encourage players to broaden the scope of their gameplay and bring additional dynamics to Albion’s economy. With all of these features and more, Into the Fray will make Albion’s thriving world more accessible and engaging for every kind of player.

To read more on what's coming with this update, check out the official update page here: albiononline.com/update/into-the-fray

And watch a Dev Talk introducing some of these features here:

• The_Support_God wrote:

@ThreeHades
      game issues such as?
      The literal crippling state of mobile, the only safe place to not crash is in Arena 5v5.

Then there is the lack of regional servers, one good reason to have them is to have black zone be a little more empty from multiple big guilds and allows for small new guilds to begin. Plus there is a lot of players that can’t play the game aswell as Americans, since a lot of players play the game from the Middle East and South America. There seems to have been a few complaints about SEA (South Easter America) about low FPS and ping since they are pretty far from the main server in Washington DC, if they had a server in SEA then they wouldn’t complain, then there is also the requirements of a few more servers in the Middle East so that there is better ping in places that don’t get the best conditions for good tier gaming especially in third world countries, which can be assisted if servers were set up in them. I’m pretty sure (not that sure 100%) that SBI has enough Human Resources to expand off in the Middle East and South America to set up servers and maybe even hire to have a bigger company in those countries.

And then there’s what I would say a opinion issue (does not go for everyone) on how in none of the dev talks they never mention any of the problems (the main issue for everyone’s anger) towards big topics like the teleport feature and the new staffs, if they would talk about it, it would be more interactive with the community to the devs.

There might even be more issues in the game but not so aware about since I just lurk around the forums from time to time.
    • SBI seems to suppress issues so much (them just not talking about any of the issues at the moment at all) that the game is unplayable for the people that are either in third world countries or live in SEA, and also is unplayable for the amount of players that play on mobile and low spec laptops. Only PC is the top thing to play Albion Online and seems to be the only thing getting check ups making sure it’s completely fine for PC, but SBI seems to throw everything into the closet without even organizing that would be a issue, such as the current state of mobile, like say when was the last time they talked about the mobile status, they only talked about it until it died down after a few months, and now look at the many players that are pretty casual and don’t spend a few 100’s to play one game and just use a simple everyday mobile device.

The most mind animated example to think of is when you invite friends over and your room is a mess, then you throw everything into your closet and hope they don’t enter it.
    • I believe that the dev team is trying to make the Black Zone more "accessible" for more non-hostile players or even newbies.

As a non-aggressive player myself, I have absolutely no problem with this setting, but I think you guys go in the "wrong direction".

The main problem with the red/black zones (and I dare say that it's the "only" problem!) is the gankers!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind PVP, at all, but when it comes to "unfair fights", that's when it pisses me off!

Anyway, I can see that the dev team is trying to "fix" that (make the entire portal zone safe, teleport back to town, etc.), but that still didn't fix the fact that "players could still be ganked".

So, it's still impossible for "smaller" people to "prosper" in it.

I'm NOT saying to take the entire open PVP away, all I'm saying is, that maybe you could make the PVP "fair" by only allowing the player(s) to attack other player(s) of a party size equal or larger than that of yours.

As I say, I don't mind PVP as long as it's "fair". Of course, there are many "survival guides" teaching you how to escape from gankers on YouTube, but that actually depends a lot on your "luck" (and there are even "fake" guides that lure you in into the BZ so they could have some nice-and-easy-come-walking-right-into-the-trap-idiots kills), if bigger ganker groups want you dead, they could just block all the exits and you're dead! Period! Not to mention there are many many cheating little programs that will tell them "everything" about you the moment you set foot in their hunting zone! Fair? Come on, who are you kidding!?

You need a way to stop them, but not taking the whole open PVP away, the only solution I can come up with is like what I said earlier: Only allow player(s) to attack other player(s) of a party size equal or larger than that of yours.

I don't think that will be too hard to do, since you guys already have the "challenging system" where the fight ends immediately when another player(s) intervenes, it's fairly easy to set it up to when the target party is smaller than that of yours, you can't even attack him/them (but you could attack parties of size bigger than that of yours, because if you think that you could take on group(s) bigger than that of yours, by all means, and do your best), and once the fight started, "no other player(s) besides the two groups could ever attack any player involved in the fight until the fight ends". Oh, and remember to disallow adding new party members when the fight starts.

I strongly believe that this is going to be nothing but just a piece of cake for the dev team to implement because literally every combat in the game already implemented this setting, you already have a system to determine who is in combat, who you could attack, and when it's ended, all you need to do is apply it to open PVP, then everything is solved.

I sincerely wish that the dev team could take that into consideration, thank you very much for your great work, time, and consideration!
    • Ok just a few things to get straight, ganking in black zone isn’t really that bad if you think about it as guilds defending their territory since guilds legit do that, and they defend both gatherers in them as well. Also I have said something like this before but no devs even look at forums other than the bugs section.

Also even if gankers defend all exits to a zone it’s not impossible to escape, you can simply use a cleric robe to be invincible for a few seconds and use demon boots with undead cape to run away when low.

Also it seems more like devs want to add exploitable fixes than permanent non exploitable fixes that the player base can easily provide, but for some reason SBI insists on not listening to forums where a lot of ideas that can easily fix problems without ruining the economy all in one blow. I feel like they really should address a lot of the ideas in dev talks as a all in one saying what pros and cons are in the ideas.
    • ThreeHades wrote:

Ok just a few things to get straight, ganking in black zone isn’t really that bad if you think about it as guilds defending their territory since guilds legit do that, and they defend both gatherers in them as well. Also I have said something like this before but no devs even look at forums other than the bugs section.

Also even if gankers defend all exits to a zone it’s not impossible to escape, you can simply use a cleric robe to be invincible for a few seconds and use demon boots with undead cape to run away when low.

Also it seems more like devs want to add exploitable fixes than permanent non exploitable fixes that the player base can easily provide, but for some reason SBI insists on not listening to forums where a lot of ideas that can easily fix problems without ruining the economy all in one blow. I feel like they really should address a lot of the ideas in dev talks as a all in one saying what pros and cons are in the ideas.
      For real!?

Dxmn! That's very very sad!

Here I thought that the devs might consider it, and you tell me that "they simply just don't give a fxxk about us"!?

Man, what a death blow to my tiny little heart! >3<
    • PattieChiu315 wrote:

ThreeHades wrote:

Ok just a few things to get straight, ganking in black zone isn’t really that bad if you think about it as guilds defending their territory since guilds legit do that, and they defend both gatherers in them as well. Also I have said something like this before but no devs even look at forums other than the bugs section.

For real!?
      Dxmn! That's very very sad!

Here I thought that the devs might consider it, and you tell me that "they simply just don't give a fxxk about us"!?

Man, what a death blow to my tiny little heart! >3<
      Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s because they think they don’t have to listen to us because the forums is like under 5% of the player base, even though in reality they should listen to us in the forums since we literally sit here for 10 minutes explaining our thoughts and opinions about the game and ways to do them better.