What has SBI been doing?

• What has SBI been doing?

I'm confused. I went onto the test server and was a little taken aback by how little SBI seems to be putting into Albion Online. Now this might be unfair and I don't want to bash Devs who have been working their socks off, but I really don't understand where the work is actually going. There are now 5 Portal "zones" in the Outlands and apart from updated Invis pools, every single asset is just a copy and paste of existing assets? In Unity, these zones would have taken me a couple of days to put together as an individual. How big is the actual Dev team and are they working on Albion Online exclusively or working on other projects?

The Staff update = a few new abilities, animations, and designs. They haven't been able to even upgrade the entire line in time for the drop.

The Crystal Arena is just a copy-paste of an existing system.

Castle Updates are looking good... but that's it?

5 Portal Zones.
      4 Updated Magic Staffs
      Castle Upgrades.
      UI consolidation of activities with the addition of a few time-related buffs.

and that's it? This is the cumulation of 6 months' work? Am I being unfair? Unreasonable?
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • Reef wrote:

You forgot about skins. New skins dude that is the key.
      Hi there,

skins production does not compete with game updates as it is done by different groups of people. (artists and not game designers). In general, it's a minor part of what we are doing and also a very minor part of our business model, which is heavily centered on the premium status and always has been.
    • WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

I'm confused. I went onto the test server and was a little taken aback by how little SBI seems to be putting into Albion Online. Now this might be unfair and I don't want to bash Devs who have been working their socks off, but I really don't understand where the work is actually going. There are now 5 Portal "zones" in the Outlands and apart from updated Invis pools, every single asset is just a copy and paste of existing assets? In Unity, these zones would have taken me a couple of days to put together as an individual. How big is the actual Dev team and are they working on Albion Online exclusively or working on other projects?

The Staff update = a few new abilities, animations, and designs. They haven't been able to even upgrade the entire line in time for the drop.

5 Portal Zones.
      4 Updated Magic Staffs
      Castle Upgrades.

and that's it? This is the cumulation of 6 months' work? Am I being unfair? Unreasonable?
      What did you expect :D. Took them a few years just for an "auto use" button in silver bag + tomes, and every longer time for silver pick up. =)
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • Korn wrote:

In general, it's a minor part of what we are doing
      If that is the case, is there a reason for the utterly absurd price point of $30 which can buy you a full game from other companies?

SpicyPepper wrote:

What did you expect
      For things to get better? I thought Lands Awaken and Call to Arms were both pretty decent and was hopeful they would build upon those updates. It would be nice if they actually released some content but I suppose at this point it's just wishful thinking.
    • Every month? Nobody has said anything about having monthly updates. This upcoming update falls short compared to other recent updates IMO. Which is the point of my question. My understanding is that SBI has increased in size quite significantly. If that is the case, where is the content? Where are the results of bringing on all these extra people?
    • Well, if i read Test server patch notes i see a lot more than what you wrote down.

Im not a developer so i have no clue how much time it all takes, there are also bug fixes, controller updates and other stuff which also takes time from people.

I also wouldn't be surprised that they are already working on other stuff, but that stuff is just not ready to be released yet. In that case it's better to postpone than release a trash update.
    • WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

5 Portal Zones.
      4 Updated Magic Staffs
      Castle Upgrades.

No you are not being unfair or unreasonable , just look at the dev cycles of any MMO out there ..What they(sbi) is bad at is managing expectations, they dont convey waht they are doing or were they are going in transparent /good way in my opinion.They only talk about the new things when they are about to happen in one month prior time frame , and when they do try to comunicate or ask for feedback you as player never realize if they will implement it /are trying to implement or they will do the exact oposite of waht you think.
    • Dont bully the dev team too much

but yes i agree the progress for content is slow considering other gaming companies put out much much more

could used more manpower for their team
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • I hope they are doing a force to bring us rhe mist and funy to play, this patch only is a visual patch, where they are hyped for nothing, few visual change and no more , the rework of mage wepaon its nothing news in meta, only nerfs, thats the funy part when they want mage become popular and day its the most weapon line , then u see every change refucing the usability.
    • Korn wrote:

Hi there,
      skins production does not compete with game updates as it is done by different groups of people. (artists and not game designers). In general, it's a minor part of what we are doing and also a very minor part of our business model, which is heavily centered on the premium status and always has been.

yeah, that s how you fix bugs i believe. we report them and it usually takes 6-12 months to fix.