Pinned Dev Talk: Magic Staff Overhaul

• VseOtlichno wrote:

Good_vs_Evil wrote:

Step your PC/Phone game up my dude.
      What does my computer have to do with it if I'm talking about the Albion server?
      At the moment when 200 people in one location use a summoning spell, and the summoned units start hitting and casting their spells, the server will crack.
      Funny, considering how often I do ZvZ's in faction warfare and I can still see every animation smoothly.
      I play Albion for the plot. (.)(.)
      ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Good_vs_Evil ().

• This is NOT A BENEFIT FOR FIRE STAFF

One handed fire staffs as they currently are have a 1.5 second cast time, after the change they will have a 2.5 second cast time for the best damage. HOWEVER, if you look at the damage at 1.5 seconds, we are doing LESS DAMAGE THEN BEFORE YOU CHANGE IT!

i just looked at my 8.3 masterpiece one handed fire staff. with a Damage of 1661, im full spec fire. and we are doing less damage for the same amount of cast time. AND YOUR INCREASING THE CAST TIME ON A TOTAL DAMAGE TO 2.5 SECONDS?

YET AGAIN, YOU PEOPLE WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO BALANCE A GAME IF IT BIT YOU IN THE ASS. I Am so tired of your half-assing everything. Fire staff hasnt been in the meta for 3 years 3 YEARS. It will be 3 more before any of you figure this out. SO VERY SAD. Just SAD.

Thanks for nothing, your destroying every aspect of the game for me. you have destroy everything I play you have destroyed

Laborer islands
      Arena
      Fire staff
      Holy staff
      and we both know you will destroy arcane.

what is your cowardly responce? Nothing as usual i bet!
    • Saabotage wrote:

One handed fire staffs as they currently are have a 1.5 second cast time, after the change they will have a 2.5 second cast time for the best damage. HOWEVER, if you look at the damage at 1.5 seconds, we are doing LESS DAMAGE THEN BEFORE YOU CHANGE IT!

i just looked at my 8.3 masterpiece one handed fire staff. with a Damage of 1661, im full spec fire. and we are doing less damage for the same amount of cast time. AND YOUR INCREASING THE CAST TIME ON A TOTAL DAMAGE TO 2.5 SECONDS?

YET AGAIN, YOU PEOPLE WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO BALANCE A GAME IF IT BIT YOU IN THE ASS. I Am so tired of your half-assing everything. Fire staff hasnt been in the meta for 3 years 3 YEARS. It will be 3 more before any of you figure this out. SO VERY SAD. Just SAD.

Thanks for nothing, your destroying every aspect of the game for me. you have destroy everything I play you have destroyed

Laborer islands
      Arena
      Fire staff
      Holy staff

In addition to what guy below said you also get a nice new Pyroblast nuke too.
      I play Albion for the plot. (.)(.)
      ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Good_vs_Evil ().

• Saabotage wrote:

Laborer islands
      Arena
      Fire staff
      Holy staff

on the other hand
      AoE
      Small CC
      Aiming while channeling
      More range

Its no longer an option in CD but I think it will be much better in everything else
    • Trial_hard wrote:

• Nature Staffs:
        • Improved solo PvE & PvP experience, with a reworked Thorns spell and a new Bramble Seed spell that knocks enemies airborne; new Rejuvenating Flower multi-part spell grows a flower that can be thrown to a specific spot

Yet again Retroman by some whatever feedback - i quote "healers should not do damage, but stick to healing" the DESIGN GOAL of Improved SOLO PVP is even before the patch goes life put ad absurdum by this statement and the corresponding pre patch "hot fix":

Thorns 40 vs players --> 10
      Thorns 40 vs mobs --> 30

So dear SBI @Korn why you advertise as improved Solo PvP experience while your Balance guy already panics and sets it to a wheelchair solution as worse as before, before the patch even is out?

You should really make up your mind if you want the healer classes do Solo PvP or Not.

I think your faithful players deserve at least fair and open communication..
      @Korn even after the minor tweaks the issue is still dominant.

Assuming to hit full charges with AOE damage on Nature and Holy is simply a completely wrong assumption.

Nobody with brain is considered to take full AOE damage what your balance team assumes for balancing damage.

That be similar to tune down brimstone in 1 on 1 because IF the AOE hits it decides the battle..

Or adjust the fire AOE Q, because in excel test fights someone calculates pvp damage assuming enemy player stands in 2 overlapping fire AOE Q for full duration...

I think the balance guys needs guidances from a senior manager ..
    • New

Trial_hard wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

• Nature Staffs:
        • Improved solo PvE & PvP experience, with a reworked Thorns spell and a new Bramble Seed spell that knocks enemies airborne; new Rejuvenating Flower multi-part spell grows a flower that can be thrown to a specific spot

Yet again Retroman by some whatever feedback - i quote "healers should not do damage, but stick to healing" the DESIGN GOAL of Improved SOLO PVP is even before the patch goes life put ad absurdum by this statement and the corresponding pre patch "hot fix":

Thorns 40 vs players --> 10
      Thorns 40 vs mobs --> 30

So dear SBI @Korn why you advertise as improved Solo PvP experience while your Balance guy already panics and sets it to a wheelchair solution as worse as before, before the patch even is out?

You should really make up your mind if you want the healer classes do Solo PvP or Not.

I think your faithful players deserve at least fair and open communication..
      @Korn even after the minor tweaks the issue is still dominant.
      Assuming to hit full charges with AOE damage on Nature and Holy is simply a completely wrong assumption.

Nobody with brain is considered to take full AOE damage what your balance team assumes for balancing damage.

That be similar to tune down brimstone in 1 on 1 because IF the AOE hits it decides the battle..

Or adjust the fire AOE Q, because in excel test fights someone calculates pvp damage assuming enemy player stands in 2 overlapping fire AOE Q for full duration...

I think the balance guys needs guidances from a senior manager ..
      i think no one's will stand in Thorns to get full damage,this is AoE damage ability, target position ability, people can run out from there position, yap have 25% slow but ,i think damage already reduced 50% ,so maybe is ok .

I more care about Qs3 Rejuvenating Flower, it is looking like more harder than Mushroom and Holy Flash. Is it good for group healing? We need plant,wait for grow, pick and throw to ally , looking like more cumbersome . I have a idea , you just make it be restore 3 seed fly around Nature staff , for 20s ,ability will change to throw ,no need pick ,can direct Throw to target ally or target position.
    • New

Saabotage wrote:

Laborer islands
      Arena
      Fire staff
      Holy staff

Just PLEASE..... PLEASE!

Give us a SLOW to burning field ON HIT! ( 1 sec- 50% )

That way the extra cast times, diminished cast distances, and overall inability to weather melle will be meliorated so that we at last have a chance to pvp.

Thank you! <3
    • New

@Trial_hard

If nature hard the slow area(with old damage values) without the auto attack part i would be fine with it
      because you have to stand for 0.4 sec to cast it and get 1-2 ticks of damage per cast (can cast 3 times fast)

this would put in on par with burning ground of fire tree (4/5 damage of fire staff with 25% slow is fine with me)

the real problem is when nature includes auto attacks when consuming the thorn stacks
      that means nature can set 3 areas down which last 4 seconds melees have to stand in the Heavy Dot damage then eat damage from empowered autos
      when they try to close in the gap to do damage

Cast 3 thorn areas on the same spot does not increase damage per second (you only get affected by 1 area at a time)

i am ok with the current iteration of it too but i feel like its half ass
      because you can cast the Q slow area and run away for some damage and CC or follow through with an auto attack to deal reasonable damage

the main reason why i am so opposed to thorns getting such high damage values on the AoE slow and Auto attack empower at the same time is because it out scales all the actual auto attack builds with high base values.
      it out scales reg bow, sword, spear basically any auto attack builds which stand still to trade autos
      and it partly outscales stationary nuke spells with long animations and no mobility (fire artillary, bolt caster, )

this is because nature has access to multiple sources of Resistances such as protection of nature and passive
      they can stand on the fire and trade damage with all the resist buffs

i am looking at great nature and blight staff as main offenders of countering this supposed dps builds since great nature was buffed to have 0 cast time and less cooldown and blight staff for mobility and heal

so either we keep high damage on aoe portion of the thorns(remove the auto attack damage) or make casting of thorns purely for CC sake and make the empowered autos more stronger
      because from testing nature users spam the throns spell with out auto attacking unless they are standing still in a pool then they auto attack for damage beyond reason
      imagine eating 400+140+auto attack damage per second (old values) just because you decide to stand still in one pool. not even bolt caster, reg bow, and fire can hit for 600 base damage per second

at most even bow, bolt casters, fire only hit for 400 base damage per second with their stronger spells in perfect conditions
      (do not deny me here i do the calculations)

the changes made it so that you do some damage with thorns spell while kiting but gives main power to auto attacks is fine in its current state.
      as it plays almost as the Live version Q with the cast to get 5 thorns then auto
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build

The post was edited 2 times, last by The_Support_God ().

• New

The_Support_God wrote:

@Trial_hard

If nature hard the slow area(with old damage values) without the auto attack part i would be fine with it
      because you have to stand for 0.4 sec to cast it and get 1-2 ticks of damage per cast (can cast 3 times fast)

this would put in on par with burning ground of fire tree (4/5 damage of fire staff with 25% slow is fine with me)

the real problem is when nature includes auto attacks when consuming the thorn stacks
      that means nature can set 3 areas down which last 4 seconds melees have to stand in the Heavy Dot damage then eat damage from empowered autos
      when they try to close in the gap to do damage

Cast 3 thorn areas on the same spot does not increase damage per second (you only get affected by 1 area at a time)

i am ok with the current iteration of it too but i feel like its half ass
      because you can cast the Q slow area and run away for some damage and CC or follow through with an auto attack to deal reasonable damage

the main reason why i am so opposed to thorns getting such high damage values on the AoE slow and Auto attack empower at the same time is because it out scales all the actual auto attack builds with high base values.
      it out scales reg bow, sword, spear basically any auto attack builds which stand still to trade autos
      and it partly outscales stationary nuke spells with long animations and no mobility (fire artillary, bolt caster, )

this is because nature has access to multiple sources of Resistances such as protection of nature and passive
      they can stand on the fire and trade damage with all the resist buffs

i am looking at great nature and blight staff as main offenders of countering this supposed dps builds since great nature was buffed to have 0 cast time and less cooldown and blight staff for mobility and heal

so either we keep high damage on aoe portion of the thorns(remove the auto attack damage) or make casting of thorns purely for CC sake and make the empowered autos more stronger
      because from testing nature users spam the throns spell with out auto attacking unless they are standing still in a pool then they auto attack for damage beyond reason
      imagine eating 400+140+auto attack damage per second (old values) just because you decide to stand still in one pool. not even bolt caster, reg bow, and fire can hit for 600 base damage per second

at most even bow, bolt casters, fire only hit for 400 base damage per second with their stronger spells in perfect conditions
      (do not deny me here i do the calculations)

the changes made it so that you do some damage with thorns spell while kiting but gives main power to auto attacks is fine in its current state.
      as it plays almost as the Live version Q with the cast to get 5 thorns then auto
      taking with you about pvp skills is really iffy, it is like explaining someone blind from birth the color yellow...
    • New

Is it just me or does anyone else ignore the people that are simulating the magic staff rework.

To me it’s pretty boring and really saw nothing wrong with the magic staffs that we originally had.
      Just enough had the sustain and other staffs have enough power although some a little over the top a bit with power but just a bit of tweaking then they would be perfectly balanced.

I just feel like these changes are just wasting time right now since they are multi tasking multiple things while they could just focus on making accessibility a number one priority, I can vouch that the mobile framework is on the side which is lacking compared to even just half of the capabilities of a PC at playing the game. If they had focused time into balancing mobile then they would really have to many people complaining about black screens and zone crashing, which is almost out of hand to the point you can crash without zoning once.

I just feel like SBI could have focused on other things than making a few people that commonly use magic staffs angry and a lot of people simulating the game of how magic staffs will be used.
    • New

Mrpotato wrote:

Saabotage wrote:

Laborer islands
      Arena
      Fire staff
      Holy staff

on the other handAoE
      Small CC
      Aiming while channeling
      More range

Its no longer an option in CD but I think it will be much better in everything else

You Think or you know?
    • New

• Pyroblast (one-handed Fire Staff)
      • Completely reworked the Ability:
        • Charge up a Pyroblast, while channeling for up to 2s (You can aim while channeling).
        • Deals magical damage in a 4m radius upon impact with an enemy based on how long you have channeled.
        • Charge Up: 0.5s / 1s / 1.5s / 2s
        • Damage: 240 / 280 / 320 / 360
        • Pyroblast instant Damage before the Rework: 300
        • Original cast time was 1.5 seconds
        • If you channel for the full duration the Pyroblast will also knock back 2.5m.
        • Skill cooldown 15 seconds base
        • 1 handed weapon can use mist caller for CD or musiak for damage

you can cancel the channel part way to shoot the Pyroblast early
      you do less damage but at least you are not stuck in the full animation of pyroblast

this change is a higher skill cap because its now a skill shot but if you look at it from another angle
      its dealing 80% of original skill damage for 1/3 cast time making it be able to cast and forget almost like warbow
      at same channel time or more it deals upwards of 120% damage with 133% of cast time to deal massive damage
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • New

It doesn't matter, after 4 years I can tell you Retroman will never let Fire be in the top tier of weapons. or even B tier of weapons, Fire was in the Meta for 4 months 3.5 years ago. Yet kingmaker can take away half your Health in one shot. Even if they did appropriately buff Fire staffs damage, he would just nerf it into the ground 3 weeks later. LIKE HE HAS DONE EVERY SINGLE TIME. If your Bow, no need to worry, youve been i the meta for 3.5 of the last 4 years, if your melee, not a problem for you, ALL melee do more damage and has more CC resistance then every staff user, plus insane mobility. If your a caster, your all but dead, due to lack of damage, lack of mobility, lac of CC resistance.

Name one set of gear, or one set of weapons that has been actually balanced in the last 4 years? None is my answer. NONE!
    • New

Saabotage wrote:

Standing in one spot for 2.5 seconds is suicide in this game. which means one handed fire will never get a full shot off. if you just shoot it at 1.5 seconds which is the time you shoot now. then you do less damage then you do now, and you have to aim it.
      fire is very reliant on their teammates

Also brimstone and fire artillery are really good, so as long as fire doesnt has to be at melee range cough contagious fire cough then it will be fine