Harpoon Nerf on NDA

• on the balance they're saying that the nerf desnt affect other spear playstyles. how? it was an option against kait builds.
      i thin if you need to nerf other spells of the three because of a specific instanced content , just rework the spell. they already nerfed glaive 3 times and it's still a problem. dont start nerfing other spells because of that.
      make something like an aoe pierce attack in front of you or a reverse harpoon with less range, i dont know
      just dont mess with the whole spear three because of a crystal league
    • It should be nerfed, I think. But not in such a way.
      A long time ago SBI announced bolts hit-boxes reworks. But the only two skills, they reworked, were War Bow arcane arrow and crossbow silence shout. Other bolts, including a harpoon, hit the target when it is completely missed. At least visually.

Making its hitbox similar to warbow E should be enough, I think. +5 sec cooldown is too much. Kiters will feel too free against a spear
    • Back.Off.Immortal wrote:

It should be nerfed, I think. But not in such a way.
      A long time ago SBI announced bolts hit-boxes reworks. But the only two skills, they reworked, were War Bow arcane arrow and crossbow silence shout. Other bolts, including a harpoon, hit the target when it is completely missed. At least visually.

Making its hitbox similar to warbow E should be enough, I think. +5 sec cooldown is too much. Kiters will feel too free against a spear
      This would be fine
    • They have nerfed glaive like 4 times now. If you actually play it, you would know it's not that easy to use. First of, it has absolutely no mobility. Harpoon isn't as easy to hit as you think, it's way slower than shadow edge and has a really short range, stun is also way better than a root.

Regarding hellgates, you know how to counter getting kidnapped by a glaive user? just blink back to where you where from when you get harpooned. It's not that complicated.

you guys have no idea how painful it is to play glaive on corrupted dungeon against kite builds. You make one mistake and you're dead. The kite builds on the other hand can make a ton, and there is still a high probability that they can reset until they don't make mistakes.
    • Painball wrote:

As expected fighting bows on spear is now complete cancer. GG Retroman. Another stellar change without listening to any feedback.
      it's ok, the spear had no counter, literally no counter for that weapon, before the harpoon was added to the pool W bows and kite build were able to kill the spear. so stop crying like a pussy and adapt.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Quagga ().

• Quagga wrote:

Painball wrote:

1. As expected fighting bows on spear is now complete cancer. GG Retroman. Another stellar change without listening to any feedback.

it's ok, the spear had no counter, literally no counter for that weapon, before the harpoon was added to the pool W bows and kite build were able to kill the spear. so stop crying like a pussy and adapt.
      to be honest harpoon wasnt even that cancer

My issue is the same as 1h mace, full I frame on trinity E, so unless you make every skill useless it will be very hard to fix spears without changing that

Basically an example of "everyone pays for 1 guy's mistake"
    • New

By the way. Maybe that -5 sec CD for the hook skill is not so mad nerfe at least for CD.

Look. What kiting builds are still alive? Frost is dead, the quarterstaff is dead, toxic holly is dead according to a murder stats, right?
      What do we have? Badon and Warbow?
      I don't sure about badon. In my opinion, it should be dead from the moment, when mercenary jacket stopped working with it. I know, that players still using it with valore, but in my opinion it is the old good talk about plate armore stats. It has a good synergy just if an enemy uses fire-shield against your E. Badon itself is not so strong 1v1.

Warbow? If I remember right, spear reflect cooldown is less than warbow E. Warbow E is so slow, that most of novices from t6 corrupts are able to dodge it, if it. was used from a long distance. So, if I right, if an experienced spear player will use reflecting spin against a warbow - the second will kill himself. So if spear will not slack, warbow will be forced to skip the fight, or it will collect bats debuff and die.

Are there any other kiting builds, you can face in CD? I almost don't play albion during last 5-6 months and don't sure about current meta, but looks like a good spear player is still a big danger for a warbow. The thing is it should be a GOOD spear pleyr))) "Just press space" with trinity will not work, as it was before)