Pinned Balance Changes - Into The Fray

• The_Support_God wrote:

This people ....

i hope you have you wish granted with this buff to nature

i still want to see the impact because i still think its having too many mechanics for a Q spell on a healing staff
      if you think this buff is what will balance nature then go ahead

but note if you take this course of action then you cannot blame frost shot and multi shot combo
      if nature gets Healing with CC via thorns and bramble seed then bows get to keep their current power of frost shot and multi shot combo
      Stop cry boy and bee constructive:

If a Nature has thorns + bramble e.g. on druid, then it heals all 18 seconds 500 life..assuming 6.1 gear.

Current damage on thorns is too low to still make any impact in a trade.

We did a test fight on test and in OW it is quite easy to avoid thorns. In most cases you just catch one tick at all, if not avoid all.

It is same easy as to avoid Smite or Arcane Q. Even if u handicapped you catch one and then are out.

So either increase AOE range of thorns and smite or work on the placement mechanic or increase damage..

Currently it is still not viable in PvP - needs further work
    • @Trial_hard
      Yap if Qs and Ws is Damage ability,healer only have Es can Healing on self, and current Albion healer Ws don't have one ability can easy do self healing.
      Nature
      W1 get damage will reduce channeling
      W2 base on stack Qs heal
      W3 ehh small heal+ damage resistance + healing effect
      W4 base on Qs heal

Holy
      W1 small heal + damage and knocking back .
      W2 can't channeling on self
      W3 buff damage resistance+ immune forced moving+ healing effect
      W4 need ally stand in front.

Heal Es vs Damage Es
    • 8.3 exc great nature vs 8.3 exc cloth

8.3 exc great nature vs 8.3 exc leather

8.3 normal nature staff vs 8.3 exc cloth, dot deals more damage than the thorn stack somehow

All in all, seeing as a caster having to autoattack to deal more damage, that makes it in line with how it's been played so long with normal thorns. Damage is, well, mediocre as its 50% of what it was originally, but I like the thorn auto buff.

Slight issue though.
      Thorn stacks go by too fast, since they only last 3s, so you're essentially standing still while spamming Q to land as many hits you can, then try to auto to make up the damage within 3s, which is theoretically, and practically impossible to achieve against a ranged opponent that doesn't sit still to cast (frost)
      Which makes this skill weak in every ranged matchup

Is there something we can do? I wrote a suggestion above about either removing the Slow or the Auto attack buff and compensating the zone damage, this way we can at least focus on a single thing rather than juggle zone and auto range. Removing the slow removes one of the utilities of the skills but the damage should more than make up for the lack of it, I speculate
    • Glasses wrote:

8.3 exc great nature vs 8.3 exc cloth

8.3 exc great nature vs 8.3 exc leather

8.3 normal nature staff vs 8.3 exc cloth, dot deals more damage than the thorn stack somehow

All in all, seeing as a caster having to autoattack to deal more damage, that makes it in line with how it's been played so long with normal thorns. Damage is, well, mediocre as its 50% of what it was originally, but I like the thorn auto buff.

Slight issue though.
      Thorn stacks go by too fast, since they only last 3s, so you're essentially standing still while spamming Q to land as many hits you can, then try to auto to make up the damage within 3s, which is theoretically, and practically impossible to achieve against a ranged opponent that doesn't sit still to cast (frost)
      Which makes this skill weak in every ranged matchup

Is there something we can do? I wrote a suggestion above about either removing the Slow or the Auto attack buff and compensating the zone damage, this way we can at least focus on a single thing rather than juggle zone and auto range. Removing the slow removes one of the utilities of the skills but the damage should more than make up for the lack of it, I speculate
      The problem is - nobody sits inside the AOE
    • Trial_hard wrote:

Yeah, that's an issue on all AOE abilities frankly, so I find it null to mention. I'm ignoring that part because of that, plus, we can't really do something about it, as even the slow doesn't help all that much, and we definitely can't raise the slow to something like 50% to help fix said issue as that'd, frankly, be broken.

My suggestions lay on the same post you quoted, what are your thoughts?
    • Glasses wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

Yeah, that's an issue on all AOE abilities frankly, so I find it null to mention. I'm ignoring that part because of that, plus, we can't really do something about it, as even the slow doesn't help all that much, and we definitely can't raise the slow to something like 50% to help fix said issue as that'd, frankly, be broken.
      Or SBI can just make all AOE’s deal slowing debuffs so that the AOE attack can still do a bit of damage for a while and then you silence them so they can’t teleport out of the AOE.
    • Glasses wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

Faster Cast or bigger AOE ..and some additional damage ..

As nobody except mobs sits inside

Same goes for smite, smite cannot be spammed and is easy to avoid

The mechanic for thorn with CD of thorn is too complicated anyway

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trial_hard ().

• Asheraxia wrote:

PLEASE can we have a short duration high percentage SLOW on burning field... it would fix fires deficiencies and allow it to be utalized in PvP aside from zvz. Thank You!

Burning Field: (.5-1 sec/ 50%) slow on hit.

<3
      From a design point and a lore point that makes no sense. Why would fire make you slower? And why would a high damage burst class need CC as well?
      I play Albion for the plot. (.)(.)
      ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • So how about Nature Staff new Qs 3 Rejuvenation Flower ,is it great for group healing or more harder than Mushroom? Because some people tell me it will be harder , because need grow, pick and throw ,you can't grow on your teammates to stack rejuvenation like mushroom.
      And 1 hand Nature Staff Es , because Qs 2 already rework,is it still base on stack of thorns?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Catandcoffee ().

• Glasses wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

I think the obvious fix IS a SLOW!

33% for 1 sec ON HIT! solves the issue and makes it viable.It is the same for FIRE!

In Fires case, excruciatingly long cast times and short cast distances, mean it is fodder for melle and a pvp liability. If 'BURNING FIELD' had a similar SLOW the pvp issues with fire would be instantly resolved and it would at least be an option again.
    • Quagga wrote:

Asheraxia wrote:

I see you have a tendency to add CC to everything...
      less CC in the game = healthier gameplay...

AO already suffers from CC aka stunlock online

:D :D
      There is plenty of CC mitigation in the game as is, but for casters CC negation means almost certain death. There is a reason Frost overwhelms and Fire underwhelms in pvp. It is virtually impossible to land a Fire E spell on melle or anyone with a brain because they have no CC... so unless you are in a group, or ZvZ, fire is fodder. That just seems wrong. What I have suggested is a simple fix, and in fact it is a fix that the DEVS have already implemented in Thorns (nature) and Tar (Curse), as well as Frost, so why in gods holy name should fire be the only magic staff without a Slow? .... THAT, makes no sense.

Fire is iconic, and given the cast times have actually been INCREASED for Fire, LOL... and the cast distances are almost Mellesque! would a SLOW not be the obvious solution to the issue, allowing at least the possibility of a Fire 'E' spell landing as opposed to now where Fires 'E's' are a redundancy in almost all PvP scenario's aside from Large group content.
    • Asheraxia wrote:

Quagga wrote:

Asheraxia wrote:

I see you have a tendency to add CC to everything...less CC in the game = healthier gameplay...

There is plenty of CC mitigation in the game as is, but for casters CC negation means almost certain death. There is a reason Frost overwhelms and Fire underwhelms in pvp. It is virtually impossible to land a Fire E spell on melle or anyone with a brain because they have no CC... so unless you are in a group, or ZvZ, fire is fodder. That just seems wrong. What I have suggested is a simple fix, and in fact it is a fix that the DEVS have already implemented in Thorns (nature) and Tar (Curse), as well as Frost, so why in gods holy name should fire be the only magic staff without a Slow? .... THAT, makes no sense.
      Fire is iconic, and given the cast times have actually been INCREASED for Fire, LOL... and the cast distances are almost Mellesque! would a SLOW not be the obvious solution to the issue, allowing at least the possibility of a Fire 'E' spell landing as opposed to now where Fires 'E's' are a redundancy in almost all PvP scenario's aside from Large group content.
      Passive with aggro caster + fire wall guarantees you every E with no problem. instead of slow I would see "flame dash" in fire tree for open world connoisseurs.
    • Quagga wrote:

Asheraxia wrote:

Quagga wrote:

Asheraxia wrote:

I see you have a tendency to add CC to everything...less CC in the game = healthier gameplay...

There is plenty of CC mitigation in the game as is, but for casters CC negation means almost certain death. There is a reason Frost overwhelms and Fire underwhelms in pvp. It is virtually impossible to land a Fire E spell on melle or anyone with a brain because they have no CC... so unless you are in a group, or ZvZ, fire is fodder. That just seems wrong. What I have suggested is a simple fix, and in fact it is a fix that the DEVS have already implemented in Thorns (nature) and Tar (Curse), as well as Frost, so why in gods holy name should fire be the only magic staff without a Slow? .... THAT, makes no sense.Fire is iconic, and given the cast times have actually been INCREASED for Fire, LOL... and the cast distances are almost Mellesque! would a SLOW not be the obvious solution to the issue, allowing at least the possibility of a Fire 'E' spell landing as opposed to now where Fires 'E's' are a redundancy in almost all PvP scenario's aside from Large group content.
      Passive with aggro caster + fire wall guarantees you every E with no problem. instead of slow I would see "flame dash" in fire tree for open world connoisseurs.
      brainstorm+ casting speed robe XD one hit k.o.
      Frost Staff + Morgana cape E + Q3 × next Few seconds+ casting robe continue again XD

The post was edited 1 time, last by Catandcoffee ().

• Made the new smite smoother and faster to play, with less downtime between casts.
      • Smite (all Holy Staffs)
        • Cast Time: 0.6s -> 0.5s
        • Hitdelay: 0.2s -> 0s
        • Standtime: 0.2s -> 0s
        • Cooldown: 3s -> 2s
        • Instant Damage: 120 -> 100
        • Mark Damage: 40 -> 30
        • Mark Duration: 5s -> 3s

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Retroman wrote:

Made the new smite smoother and faster to play, with less downtime between casts.
      • Smite (all Holy Staffs)
        • Cast Time: 0.6s -> 0.5s
        • Hitdelay: 0.2s -> 0s
        • Standtime: 0.2s -> 0s
        • Cooldown: 3s -> 2s
        • Instant Damage: 120 -> 100
        • Mark Damage: 40 -> 30
        • Mark Duration: 5s -> 3s

Cheers,
      Retro
      But how about Rejuvenating Flower look like hard for mobile phone player, need to plans ,grow ,pick and throw . So cumbersome. I don't think mobile phone player can enjoy it in big war .

If too hard maybe can change like
      • Stack up 3 magic seed fly around Nature Staff fighter for 20s,
      • Magic seed will grow up to flower base on time
      • Ability will change to throw when you stack up magic seed
      • Throw to target ally or target position and stack up rejuvenation base on how long Magic seed grow up to flower 0s seed/2.5s bud /5s flower.(3m radius not too big, mushroom is healing 5m radius ,so throw to target ally maybe not op )
      • Seed 1 stack Rejuvenation,bud 2stacks rejuvenation,flower 3 stacks rejuvenation
      • Cd Throw 2.5s after throw whole seed ability will change to magic seed again.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Catandcoffee ().

• Hehe I have a idea 1 Hand Holy use Morgana cape,Es on self ,and Qs 2 non stop ,off hand use reduce CD .

Holy STAFF solo PvP/ PvE
      Qs 2
      Ws1 and Ws3
      1hand holy, hallow,Gholy

I don't want mention item name

Helmet
      Poison ,block ,ice ,purge ,curse

Armor
      Immune damage 3s ,do damage healing on self jacket .

Shoes
      Low hp run fast , stack up moving speed , spring restore hp , channeling immune root stuns and slow and restore some mana .

Off hand
      -Cd + attack speed , -Cd , + damage bonus + healing bonus. . Def to player % and mana cost .

Cape
      Es + cast speed and attack speed , invisible when less hp ,+ Def when less hp , love and thunder.

I love holy so much .

The post was edited 2 times, last by Catandcoffee ().

• Changes to nature Q DPS:
      75% nerf on damage vs players > 50% nerf on damage vs players
      25% nerf on damage vs mobs
      Increase the damage of autos, but they require constant autos in a very short time window to make use out of

Changes to holy Q DPS:
      24%~ less damage
      0 standtime
      0 hitdelay
      0.5 cast time
      -1s cooldown
      additional damage with auto after cast that doesn't require more than 1 hit

You want to avoid healers playing in CDs with the changes to healing sickness and healing Qs dealing -50% damage debuff, but you're fully enabling the hallowfall meta to return in all it's glory with these changes, exactly the opposite of what you want to achieve.
      All while further drowning out nature from a viable DPS in PvP and PvE, less so PvE, but at this point with the latest change to smite, even holy is going to be better there than nature

I've written some suggestions which i'm going to quote below this sentence, which I hope to at least inspire a change or two towards a much better version of Thorns than what is currently on the test server

Glasses wrote:

Take out the slow and add back the damage you took away, this way you can run over it and hardly take damage or remove the auto attack buff and buff the dot/slow, since autoattacking isn't all that big anyway

My goal is to have a Q that I can do content with, without pretending its decent.

A suggestion, rather than feedback, but how's the idea of removing the slow on thorns, this way it's not what Fire tree always wanted and our Q isn't filled with utility, and increasing the damage it deals back to the original values or close to?
      This way you can walk through them uninterrupted, can skip most of the damage, but you'll still be able to fight back managing to land a few hits with them, triple cast and all.