Pinned Balance Changes - Into The Fray

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Daggers are not the same. If they start full charged it means they are using non movement Q and are dead in the water if defended on engage (this is why most dont). Swords can effectively "cheat" since the game allows them to gain stacks on everything so they get free massive damage engage full E. If they kept mobility even after that it would literally be playing the game on God mode.

I actually have no idea how so many people call BL OP. It is super easy to fight against if you use any defensives at all.
    • Tabor wrote:

I actually have no idea how so many people call BL OP
      For an obvius reason the most popular wep is Bloodletter, they have the whole kit for any content, if a BL fail the E they stll have a Q and W for scape/wait and re-engage but if you fail your E on sword after wait charge the 3 stacks = YOU ARE DEAD.

As BL you dont need to wait this long and still have the mobility all arround. Also your enemys have 60% HP cuz the execute at 40%...

PPL allow this op weps are in game still but if you request a buff for other is a crime. Also BL is 1H and dmg is insane.

Or maybe i dint know galatine pair/dualsword/kingmaker where the most used wep of the game in other multiverse...

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrDaS ().

• Reposting this here for visibility and feedback!

Test server was updated to reflect the changes, and frankly, they're depressing.

840/840 spec tree, 8.3 great nature staff

Using cleric robe + royal sandals (w/ability active), no food, I hit 8.3 excellent royal jacket for 27, and 8.3 excellent cleric robe for 31 per dot. Haven't tried vs plate but if I hit leathers for 27, that's already the bottom of the barrel.

With the same setup above, each dot hits a flat t6 mob in blackzone for 112.

"Nature Staffs
      Healing Staffs don’t have the 50% damage reduction on the staff anymore. Improved solo PvE & PvP experience,"

Congratulations, you contradicted your very own goals

Edit1: Current live server thorns at -50% damage and tier 6.1 probably deals more damage over time auto attacking than 840 spec 8.3 great nature thorn dot does with all 3 aoes on a stationary target

The post was edited 1 time, last by Glasses ().

• Cursed Staff Spell Unlock Order
        • Swapped Desecrate and Cursed Tar (So Desecrate is available from T3 on
      • Living Torch (Infernal Staff)
        • Fixed a bug where mobs wouldn't take area damage if they just stood still
        • Cast Range: 14m -> 12m
        • Area Damage vs Players: 45 -> 28
        • Area Damage is not reflectable anymore
      • Thorn Growth (all Nature Staffs)
        • Area Damage vs Players: 10 -> 20
        • Consumed Thorn Stack Damage: 30 -> 35
    • Retroman wrote:

other things can you fix mobile joystick UI have lock target casting for AoE healing like damage ability,just click teammates name can lock target casting on teammates with Wild E or Fallen E or Qs3.
      Because when in big war our teammates will be yellow people,we can't see them.so hope can click name list to healing with AoE heal when enemy engage.

And this is good news for Nature Staff damage Qs2 . Hope will be balanced.

And demonic already rework to C.C staff ,so maybe great curse can be next anti healing staff ,hope you will rework great curse also.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Catandcoffee ().

• Retroman wrote:

nice, I like that we are trying to find a nice balance for the thorns ability. The update to it made every nature main out there happy, but now its iffy, It would be nice if it had some more scaling with how high your spec was but I'm happy if its closer to how it was when it was introduced, cus that was fun af. While all the talk on Thorns is happening though, let's not forget Brambleseed, atm it feels a tad hard to hit, and when you do hit it you only get the knockup and a little bit of dmg, it's fine but imo, as it stands I don't see the point of taking brambleseed over most of the other W's, why take a W that is very easy to miss when you can take something like a cleanse that you will always hit or something that gives you dmg resistance and more healing, it's nice, but I don't see a reason to since most of the others have better utility, just my opinion.
    • Heupeller wrote:

Retroman wrote:

nice, I like that we are trying to find a nice balance for the thorns ability. The update to it made every nature main out there happy, but now its iffy, It would be nice if it had some more scaling with how high your spec was but I'm happy if its closer to how it was when it was introduced, cus that was fun af. While all the talk on Thorns is happening though, let's not forget Brambleseed, atm it feels a tad hard to hit, and when you do hit it you only get the knockup and a little bit of dmg, it's fine but imo, as it stands I don't see the point of taking brambleseed over most of the other W's, it's nice, but I don't see a reason to since most of the others have better utility, just my opinion.
      Frankly, brambleseed is on the better side of the spectrum, and skillshots should by default be hard to land, to reward skill.

If I were to change anything to be perfectly happy about it and also not get complaints on it, i'd possibly make it 15s in cooldown to make it more balanced amongst other spells
    • Retroman wrote:

Thorn Growth (all Nature Staffs)

Area Damage vs Players: 10 -> 20

Consumed Thorn Stack Damage: 30 -> 35
      I'm happy for the buff, hope we find a perfect balance before going to the main server :D

Heupeller wrote:

nice, I like that we are trying to find a nice balance for the thorns ability. The update to it made every nature main out there happy, but now its iffy, It would be nice if it had some more scaling with how high your spec was but I'm happy if its closer to how it was when it was introduced, cus that was fun af. While all the talk on Thorns is happening though, let's not forget Brambleseed, atm it feels a tad hard to hit, and when you do hit it you only get the knockup and a little bit of dmg, it's fine but imo, as it stands I don't see the point of taking brambleseed over most of the other W's, it's nice, but I don't see a reason to since most of the others have better utility, just my opinion.
      I believe Brambleseed is already perfect.
      Healer Supremacy

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mendigo_Do_Mar ().

• A suggestion, rather than feedback, but how's the idea of removing the slow on thorns, this way it's not what Fire tree always wanted and our Q isn't filled with utility, and increasing the damage it deals back to the original values or close to?
      This way you can walk through them uninterrupted, can skip most of the damage, but you'll still be able to fight back managing to land a few hits with them, triple cast and all.
    • Retroman wrote:

Dear @Retroman i really would love to see what pike or bow or sword you can compete with these Thorns.

Yes - you buffed it.

Do me a favour, take a player like Fakturka or Tabor - Fakturka on Claymore, Tabor on curse and show me, how You win vs them with thorns.

Or even better - die while they have less than 25% life. Bring them below 25% life, assuming same Tier of Gear.

Not gonna happen, Thorn is still hot garbage.

Even in CD with the narrow corridor the Thorns can be mostly avoided

OW thorns ground effect with current cast time is hot garbage.

Stream the fight, i really wann see your balance...

Hint - You need reduce cast time and adjust damage to around 30-35 to make it viable..

Your 20 just work against off screen poke builds, like off screen Badon e.g. Or plate

The post was edited 2 times, last by Trial_hard ().

• Glasses wrote:

Heupeller wrote:

Retroman wrote:

Frankly, brambleseed is on the better side of the spectrum, and skillshots should by default be hard to land, to reward skill.
      If I were to change anything to be perfectly happy about it and also not get complaints on it, i'd possibly make it 15s in cooldown to make it more balanced amongst other spells
      aa yea I understand makes sense, I think nothing is wrong with it per se, but still doesn't answer my question tho, why would you take bramble over most of the other Ws, as you said, skillshots should reward you when you hit them, but like, what is your reward with bramble, a few microsecs of knockup and avg dmg? that's what I was trying to say. It's a fine skill overall though ig, maybe this is me just being biased to my main tree xDD
    • This people ....

i hope you have you wish granted with this buff to nature

i still want to see the impact because i still think its having too many mechanics for a Q spell on a healing staff
      if you think this buff is what will balance nature then go ahead

but note if you take this course of action then you cannot blame frost shot and multi shot combo
      if nature gets Healing with CC via thorns and bramble seed then bows get to keep their current power of frost shot and multi shot combo
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • Heupeller wrote:

Glasses wrote:

Heupeller wrote:

Retroman wrote:

Frankly, brambleseed is on the better side of the spectrum, and skillshots should by default be hard to land, to reward skill.If I were to change anything to be perfectly happy about it and also not get complaints on it, i'd possibly make it 15s in cooldown to make it more balanced amongst other spells
      aa yea I understand makes sense, I think nothing is wrong with it per se, but still doesn't answer my question tho, why would you take bramble over most of the other Ws, as you said, skillshots should reward you when you hit them, but like, what is your reward with bramble, a few microsecs of knockup and avg dmg? that's what I was trying to say. It's a fine skill overall though ig, maybe this is me just being biased to my main tree xDD
      You pick bramble as W because its the only damaging W you have? Obviously if you don't want damage you pick something else

The_Support_God wrote:

This people ....

i hope you have you wish granted with this buff to nature

i still want to see the impact because i still think its having too many mechanics for a Q spell on a healing staff
      if you think this buff is what will balance nature then go ahead

but note if you take this course of action then you cannot blame frost shot and multi shot combo
      if nature gets Healing with CC via thorns and bramble seed then bows get to keep their current power of frost shot and multi shot combo

How do you miss every point made so far lol

Take out the slow and add back the damage you took away, this way you can run over it and hardly take damage or remove the auto attack buff and buff the dot/slow, since autoattacking isn't all that big anyway

My goal is to have a Q that I can do content with, without pretending its decent. I solo'd my first 100 spec which was 1h nature all the way in the blackzones, picking fights was a no go due to thorns and killing mobs was as good as we all know, what with the low damage and all.