Journey Back (Town Portal) - Additional Information and Background

    • Ayazh wrote:

      That is not a representation of the player base at large, the majority do not run around with t8 gear in inventory and have millions to teleport.

      And using a mammoth as an example is futile since they are rare and how many times have you actually killed someone and got a mammoth drop from their inventory…not many.
      Areas with the t7/8 resources will still be heavily camped and guarded,
      If this change actually does make bz more attractive to more players won’t that mean more activity and more rewards?? Look at the bigger picture seems most of you are just taking the perspective of your own purchasing power and items.

      There are tons of new players in general chat asking questions daily, most play for free and want try try out Albion, imagine with this change it actually adds a sense of “safety”, which by the way is false because you will still get griefed, fame farmed and loose your gear, and same players actually do start to gather or roam bz…that will INCREASE content for everyone.

      This is just another perspective on the change in contrast to all the doom and gloom. At the end of the day it’s only a game with moving images that give us a endorphin kick and doesn’t really mean much 10 years from now except the carpal tunnel, arthritis, low back pain & diabetes we got from all the unnecessary clicking and sitting.
      Ok you may not realize what this feature and why people are doing showcases of how bad the feature is with mammoths. Thing is they show you how it’s basically less than like 2% of your total inventory value, meaning that legit you can go back home with everything and still make a huge profit.

      Like say for example you were doing 1 hour of solo dungeons, and you got 500k silver, the total amount to travel back would be around 10k silver. And anyone with a brain and understands math knows they will make a intense profit.

      Now let’s say for the exploit of this feature. You get a alt to bring out some resources from your hideout and which the alt is a bot that auto farms and then you have the bot /suicide and then you can take the loot and then teleport to the city, and then they sell what resources they obtained from the alt.

      And that’s what a lot of us are trying to say but people like you don’t hear that out. Plus this game was always about the risks and the time to travel, it may be tedious but that’s Albion Online. There are plenty of ways to remove portal gankers it’s that SBI doesn’t want to remove the root cause and then removes a key aspect of Albion Online.
    • ThreeHades wrote:

      Now let’s say for the exploit of this feature. You get a alt to bring out some resources from your hideout and which the alt is a bot that auto farms and then you have the bot /suicide and then you can take the loot and then teleport to the city, and then they sell what resources they obtained from the alt.

      So your argument for why it is bad, is because people who ARE ALREADY CHEATING will use it to also cheat?

      I get why you had to use a bot as the example though. Since the trash rate makes this ridiculous if the resources aren't considered "free".
      ..QQ _^..^_/ QQ..
      (not to be eaten!)
    • This needs more restrictions.
      • Can't be used if you loot a dead corpse and are not the killer or in the killers group
      • Can't be used when zoning and have the zone bubble
      • Should have a 30 minute cool down
      • Can't be used within 2 zones of the portal towns
      Unfortunately, if you are here about the AO Herald Discord Bot. I have some bad news; I have shut the bot down as the costs to benefit to me were no longer in balance.
    • Its funny because you guys think all these complaining will change the dev's mind about not adding the journey back, I haven't seen a single time that the dev's listened to the players when it comes to big updates.... Im also upset about this crap teleport, it does ruin black zone and the economy it self will suffer but I already accepted the fact that this will be added no matter what the players say about it. Did they ever any take a poll about features like this before adding it to the game or any big update? If they did, I haven't seen one. SBI basically add whatever they want thinking its always a good idea lmao, they most likely observe YZ players who often die in BZ
    • Korn wrote:

      to combat zone camping.
      And what is problem with zone camping? How it hurms game experience?
      BZ are safe for small scale groups now (to understand it you need to play game). And solo players are the only targets. Soloing is really the only danger in BZ and you combat it. Make it yellow and chill.


      Korn wrote:

      we much prefer it to happen dynamically
      make dismounting much easier - that is the way
    • If the feature does make it, it should really just be a limited use like twice per day or something like that and not just like 1 minute or 30 minutes, either way it still would be highly exploitable if it’s either of those times. If it’s a limited use like twice per day then it will be harder to pull off big amounts of profit in a day and you will basically limited to 2 exploits a day, and not X number of exploits in a day, and this would allow for a little less of the market being taken down with more resources.

      Also I did see a guy say “The teleport will be canceled if the player loots another person’s body that they didn’t kill.” Thing is just think it can still be you killing it or the alt having a graveyard helmet to use it’s spell to suicide (if that’s how it even works) and all you need to do is hit it for you to be in combat with it.

      At best SBI should make the teleport to city feature a scouting mechanic, what I’m saying is that if you do anything such as gathering, PvP, PvE, solo dungeons, group dungeons, corrupted dungeon, etc. it will cancel your teleport, and when you do nothing in the outlands you can still travel back instantly and the product of you going out is scouting the outlands for your guild for something like a hideout or planning a good gathering route, and that would keep the feature from being exploited and just acts as a method of learning the outlands than exploiting the outlands.

      I still doubt SBI even looks at the ideas in the forums, they just look at the game for maybe a week and see everyone’s situation and then act without looking at anything else or taking notes from the people that take it on first hand. You’d think SBI would know they’re own game enough to actually listen to the player’s opinions and not their own.
    • Sedi107 wrote:

      Me brain too small to be arguing about this shit but imagine if sbi is right and the tp does end up benefiting the game I bet that some of the guys that are having meltdowns in here and on reddit wouldn't be able to accept it.
      That one big “if” and most likely it won’t have its peaceful function for long, and people will find its work around to exploit the heck out of it, just like all of the other band aid fixes SBI keeps creating. They watch for a small amount of time and get back to working on a different thing without looking back at the stuff they need to fix. The last time they actually fixed content was the corrupted dungeons and nothing else, and the reworks are them just changing up the meta.
    • becauseahaha wrote:

      Korn wrote:

      encourage gankers to play in smaller groups
      Feels like you dont know how your own game works. All your recent changes were forcing gankers have more bigger and bigger party every patch, because every patch ganking got nerfed.
      I fully agree this update is not usefull at all players have to feel the risk of the high reward you get in the blackzones otherwise it's not the fun and excitement it should be and also Gankers will now have to be bigger groups to find people over the different zones. I really hope this will not get into the update hopefully you guys cancel this idea. The rest is a wonderful update but this point destroys most of the fun for me and my friends!
    • I like the idea of journey back, no problem with it. and there are things that can be done that would leave everyone satisfied, such as:

      1. weight requirement to be able to cast journey back: zero or very very very low. you can only be carrying up to 50kg. or what you have equipped. or, again, zero kg.
      or
      2. mounts with weight capacity not allowed.

      and those are merely to solve the issue with gatherers and corpse looting. anyone who access chests in the bz (terri, the random chests spots, etc) should be included in that list of not available to use the spell, as said for everyone here.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Arkwright ().

    • Yes, Gatherers old and new will be very happy. 30% vs 100% loss for hours of gathering is not perfect, but better than 0. Poor grumpy Gankers who sit on portals and zone entrances are upset.....oh so sad. If everyone loves ganking so much, why are there more people in the yellow zone vs the Black. hummmm? Let me explain for those who do nothing but run around and gank others all day. I spent 3 hours running around gathering, in the BZ yesterday, (including- running from gankers, sometimes 3 zones, but was able to get within one zone of the portal, when a team of poop heads, 20 spread out and converging ganked me. Wow, that is skill Ill tell you. Yep, after spending 3 hours running and gathering ---15 seconds of them spreading out in the zone they were able to catch me. So for you who do nothing, but cast your catch, and kill, I hear your sobbing......I do not care, but I hear you. Not everyone wants to play a gank build, not everyone wants what you want. So SBI, made the game for different players, and some are happy, and some are sobbing. Well, that is life. I can respect the lone ganker who chases me, or the team of 2/3. The others, not so much. This is both PVE & PVP, and the BZ should not mean you have to PVP. Thank you SBI, for giving everyone something. I'll still be running back, but at least I know I can "jump" when I see the big guild, because if I do my math correctly....30% is better than losing 100% to a player who earned my 3 hours worth of gathering in his/her 10 seconds of ganking. So when I hit the button, please hear me say loudly PISS OFF>.

      And to the player who thinks Everyone will quit, because of this.....well, please leave me your Island and gear as your dying wish, I have so many things to craft, and make so others can have the tools, weapons, armor, potions & food they crave as we play on!
      Live, Laugh, Play :)
    • LadyDaisy wrote:

      Yes, Gatherers old and new will be very happy. 30% vs 100% loss for hours of gathering is not perfect, but better than 0. Poor grumpy Gankers who sit on portals and zone entrances are upset.....oh so sad. If everyone loves ganking so much, why are there more people in the yellow zone vs the Black. hummmm? Let me explain for those who do nothing but run around and gank others all day. I spent 3 hours running around gathering, in the BZ yesterday, (including- running from gankers, sometimes 3 zones, but was able to get within one zone of the portal, when a team of poop heads, 20 spread out and converging ganked me. Wow, that is skill Ill tell you. Yep, after spending 3 hours running and gathering ---15 seconds of them spreading out in the zone they were able to catch me. So for you who do nothing, but cast your catch, and kill, I hear your sobbing......I do not care, but I hear you. Not everyone wants to play a gank build, not everyone wants what you want. So SBI, made the game for different players, and some are happy, and some are sobbing. Well, that is life. I can respect the lone ganker who chases me, or the team of 2/3. The others, not so much. This is both PVE & PVP, and the BZ should not mean you have to PVP. Thank you SBI, for giving everyone something. I'll still be running back, but at least I know I can "jump" when I see the big guild, because if I do my math correctly....30% is better than losing 100% to a player who earned my 3 hours worth of gathering in his/her 10 seconds of ganking. So when I hit the button, please hear me say loudly PISS OFF>.

      And to the player who thinks Everyone will quit, because of this.....well, please leave me your Island and gear as your dying wish, I have so many things to craft, and make so others can have the tools, weapons, armor, potions & food they crave as we play on!
      what about your PVE and naked scouts who come out of HO and sit in front of every dungeon entrance hyhy ? you won't write about it that it bothers you, you are the type of player who doesn't like PVP i understand and respect that, you should also respect that someone doesn't care about PVE/gathering.
      looking at the amount of nerfs and added mechanics for people like you for the last years you confirm the rule, no matter what SBI adds and how it makes the game easier people will still complain.
    • Quagga wrote:

      LadyDaisy wrote:

      Yes, Gatherers old and new will be very happy. 30% vs 100% loss for hours of gathering is not perfect, but better than 0. Poor grumpy Gankers who sit on portals and zone entrances are upset.....oh so sad. If everyone loves ganking so much, why are there more people in the yellow zone vs the Black. hummmm? Let me explain for those who do nothing but run around and gank others all day. I spent 3 hours running around gathering, in the BZ yesterday, (including- running from gankers, sometimes 3 zones, but was able to get within one zone of the portal, when a team of poop heads, 20 spread out and converging ganked me. Wow, that is skill Ill tell you. Yep, after spending 3 hours running and gathering ---15 seconds of them spreading out in the zone they were able to catch me. So for you who do nothing, but cast your catch, and kill, I hear your sobbing......I do not care, but I hear you. Not everyone wants to play a gank build, not everyone wants what you want. So SBI, made the game for different players, and some are happy, and some are sobbing. Well, that is life. I can respect the lone ganker who chases me, or the team of 2/3. The others, not so much. This is both PVE & PVP, and the BZ should not mean you have to PVP. Thank you SBI, for giving everyone something. I'll still be running back, but at least I know I can "jump" when I see the big guild, because if I do my math correctly....30% is better than losing 100% to a player who earned my 3 hours worth of gathering in his/her 10 seconds of ganking. So when I hit the button, please hear me say loudly PISS OFF>.

      And to the player who thinks Everyone will quit, because of this.....well, please leave me your Island and gear as your dying wish, I have so many things to craft, and make so others can have the tools, weapons, armor, potions & food they crave as we play on!
      what about your PVE and naked scouts who come out of HO and sit in front of every dungeon entrance hyhy ? you won't write about it that it bothers you, you are the type of player who doesn't like PVP i understand and respect that, you should also respect that someone doesn't care about PVE/gathering.looking at the amount of nerfs and added mechanics for people like you for the last years you confirm the rule, no matter what SBI adds and how it makes the game easier people will still complain.
      So right and not only that every one of these nerfs seems to be more exploitable and more bots seem to exist, and also some of us are not gankers, and also you will have to craft more things than all of our islands combined (I don’t have one) since the market will legit crash if the system is implemented as SBI is currently saying, because of the huge amount of resources from both exploiters and normal players. It seems you just over look the huge flaws these nerfs to ganking have and just look at what they are ment to do which still almost fails since gankers fill in with more gankers, just admit it you know we are right since we legit have been sitting here saying all of the flaws just to have that one person say “oh but there will be less ganking” and then we have to explain all over again how ganking can never stop unless SBI listens to most of us players that know how to really nerf it.

      I have also said a lot of those methods to nerfing ganking but non are implemented since SBI does not look at forums.
    • TheRoadExplorer wrote:

      becauseahaha wrote:

      Korn wrote:

      encourage gankers to play in smaller groups
      Feels like you dont know how your own game works. All your recent changes were forcing gankers have more bigger and bigger party every patch, because every patch ganking got nerfed.
      I am interested how this change will play out but yes, I agree. I just cannot see how this would make the ganker groups smaller.
      I agree on not seing how this will reduce gank group size. Reason the gank groups run in large numbers is so they negate the risk of dieing/losing there 8.3 gear they runing around with in safety with there blob of gankers. They just will adapt and find some other way to keep there gear and group size while still farming the helpless people.
    • ThreeHades wrote:

      Quagga wrote:

      LadyDaisy wrote:

      Yes, Gatherers old and new will be very happy. 30% vs 100% loss for hours of gathering is not perfect, but better than 0. Poor grumpy Gankers who sit on portals and zone entrances are upset.....oh so sad. If everyone loves ganking so much, why are there more people in the yellow zone vs the Black. hummmm? Let me explain for those who do nothing but run around and gank others all day. I spent 3 hours running around gathering, in the BZ yesterday, (including- running from gankers, sometimes 3 zones, but was able to get within one zone of the portal, when a team of poop heads, 20 spread out and converging ganked me. Wow, that is skill Ill tell you. Yep, after spending 3 hours running and gathering ---15 seconds of them spreading out in the zone they were able to catch me. So for you who do nothing, but cast your catch, and kill, I hear your sobbing......I do not care, but I hear you. Not everyone wants to play a gank build, not everyone wants what you want. So SBI, made the game for different players, and some are happy, and some are sobbing. Well, that is life. I can respect the lone ganker who chases me, or the team of 2/3. The others, not so much. This is both PVE & PVP, and the BZ should not mean you have to PVP. Thank you SBI, for giving everyone something. I'll still be running back, but at least I know I can "jump" when I see the big guild, because if I do my math correctly....30% is better than losing 100% to a player who earned my 3 hours worth of gathering in his/her 10 seconds of ganking. So when I hit the button, please hear me say loudly PISS OFF>.

      And to the player who thinks Everyone will quit, because of this.....well, please leave me your Island and gear as your dying wish, I have so many things to craft, and make so others can have the tools, weapons, armor, potions & food they crave as we play on!
      what about your PVE and naked scouts who come out of HO and sit in front of every dungeon entrance hyhy ? you won't write about it that it bothers you, you are the type of player who doesn't like PVP i understand and respect that, you should also respect that someone doesn't care about PVE/gathering.looking at the amount of nerfs and added mechanics for people like you for the last years you confirm the rule, no matter what SBI adds and how it makes the game easier people will still complain.
      So right and not only that every one of these nerfs seems to be more exploitable and more bots seem to exist, and also some of us are not gankers, and also you will have to craft more things than all of our islands combined (I don’t have one) since the market will legit crash if the system is implemented as SBI is currently saying, because of the huge amount of resources from both exploiters and normal players. It seems you just over look the huge flaws these nerfs to ganking have and just look at what they are ment to do which still almost fails since gankers fill in with more gankers, just admit it you know we are right since we legit have been sitting here saying all of the flaws just to have that one person say “oh but there will be less ganking” and then we have to explain all over again how ganking can never stop unless SBI listens to most of us players that know how to really nerf it.
      I have also said a lot of those methods to nerfing ganking but non are implemented since SBI does not look at forums.
      If anyone quits itll be the ganker that enjoys his 20+ man groups that go out and farm the solo guy and or 2-3 man groups that struggle to do anything. This game has gone way way too far into making muging and stealing a way of life. Kids do play this game. What kinda ideals do we realy want kids to experiance????