Journey Back (Town Portal) - Additional Information and Background

• Sincerely i don't see big problems for the gank on the portal currently, usually are large numbers with weak gear. The sanctuary of invisible it didn't work so well because it's complex for NEW players this is solved with this new model.

The true problem is zerg vs 1 and this problem will increase...so you're going against yourself.
      So, the correct be buff small gank and nerf zerg ganking.
    • If you wanted to make content for solo players or small groups make a different type of dungeon that is a solo difficulty but the dungeon will have either 8 to 16 floors, each floor more difficult than the last and each floor has a boss that when defeated allows you to traverse to the next floor. And these dungeons would have special rare loot rooms that can store possible rare weapons and armor that cannot be craft, so this can be a type of solo player profession to find rare weapons and sell them for a good amount on the market place, and these items would not be repairable and they break once completely used, and they would all be pretty powerful weapons for solo players but certain weapons or armor will flunk if used in a group.

This would be a greater content update than the mists of Avalon. And also for new players there would also be some of them on the outskirts of the Royal continent that would be more on islands than actually being on the Royal Continent itself, this also applies the same for the Outlands, they would be more on islands than on the black zone. But the ones more applied to the Royal Continent would be more applied to newer players that would be much less of a hassle to go through than the Outlands floored dungeons, the floored solo dungeons would become more of a maze the deeper you went and there would be no teleport to the entrance function attached to the player, this being a function you actually have to find a dungeon resting point which would be hidden amongst all of the corridors that you will find, and these dungeon resting points allow you to go back to the entrance and you can buy a dungeon floor map from the rest that will map out the current floor you are on.

This I would definitely say would be a much better content for newer players and solo players that know a lot about the game. And also if you want to completely nerf ganking to smaller groups then make the trash rate increase by a certain amount for every player in your current party that kills an apposing party. So maybe say you had a 5v1, the solo player’s stuff will most likely all trash leaving nothing for your gank group, but if it was a 5v4 it would almost be nullified, and a 5v5 even fight will have the normal trash rate. This would easily fix ganking in a much more appropriate way than what your suggesting, with a mechanic like this most ganks will either stop ganking in huge groups or just gank for the fun of it. Just no teleportation to go back to the city, it would just ruin how most players play the game.
      I’m sure plenty of players would agree that it just would remove some essential parts of the game. And most of the things in the dev talk that are mostly reworks will either make a lot of players mad (the staffs rework) and the castle rework kinda has no point since guild leaders basically force most of their members to defend their castle.
    • Pulu wrote:

If the issue is gankers camping at gates then this solution is just a bandaid fix. Instead, why not fix the root of the problem which is that when players zone they are being bottlenecked.
      You could make the zone area larger or make the game more open world and less zoning.

What SBI is doing right now is adding more and more complex game mechanics, essentially layers and layers of bandaid to fix problems. And the root cause is not addressed.
      Areas close to city portals must have 2 or more portals to access the black zone. This would create more options for travelers not to get killed when trying to zone on the map before the city portal.

Yamochan wrote:

@Korn

Well at least you gave it some thought so Credit where Credit is due. This at least removes the economy crash.

Big next question is does this idiotic teleport work in the roads? Does it work if you exit the roads into any Zone and just click it?
      Lets say there is a mhm.... 2 Person green gate that you can flee through into a Blackzone and tp home?
      Clearly it should not by your logic!

Next... why tp back to hideouts? Its just a stupid safty net for people that now dont have any risk at all anymore.

Next... what is a "significant cast time and cooldown" because we saw 15 seconds and 1 minute.

Next... This fee better be at least worth 50% of whats in your inventory and gear. Because why give anyone the option to just skip content with no downside.

Trust me ill cone up with more but lets fix those first
      Teleport to HO, I think it's unnecessary, since you can currently teleport naked.

I'm afraid the black zone will be empty again. What I see most are new people every day entering the regions my guild dominates.
    • They want new players to travel into the black zone to do more content of the game, although I’m pretty sure the Outlands is content especially not ment for new players but for intermediate and expert players, and players with experience about the game.

I have made the idea already about dungeons but maybe just add things like quests and much more land to explore around the royal continent, and maybe even what I would call the caverns, which would be as the name suggests “caverns” which is basically going to be a cave like area with cave entrances all over the royal continent, and this area would be a yellow zone but with a small twist, the caverns allow players to attack other players and knock them down for might. With this it would make a lot of players want to gank in this zone to get might, and maybe say it could be more of a PvP area for newer and intermediate players. If you wanted to make more players go to the black zone have a good way to prepare and practice some PvP skills and run away methods by dodging gankers. But this area wouldn’t be worth it if there was no other content than just PvP, it would have what I’m suggesting for solo dungeons. Also the caverns would basically be a maze around the royal continent but not being the exact same size as it, and there would be some dead end zones that have a line up of maybe 2 zones behind it.

If you wanted more content there you go, that’s your band aid fix without messing up even further.
      Hoping that the community gives their ideas about this and devs will also see this idea as something to work towards.
    • New

I do dislike the portal ganking thing.
      But the current teleport have 2 massive drawbacks.

1, U can now skip the transport risk with a price(30% of the loot). It break the original idea in the travel planner which you can't teleport good through danger zone no matter what. Now picking up from planned suicide and teleport straight to safety, it's just broken.

2, It encourage "one way trip" in the BZ. People can just dive into the BZ without thinking how to get back, just teleport back once you done adventuring full of loot. It's rewarding dumb play.

My solution is, the teleport things only accessible when you are like 2 maps away the portal. It should be enough to spread the portal gankers.
    • New

I love the idea of JOURNY BACK <town portal>

I always died in BLACK RED ZONE

so excite to run back to town it fun it make albion great game BUT died at near gate to town because ganker camp

so JOURNY BACK <town portal> PLEASE add one condition you can use only when you stay near town or rest <hideout not include>

it will make game great like always

NOT too much for everyone
    • New

The Home teleport or well... lets just call it the Hearthstone to add a little insult to injury might be a stable in other MMORPS but Albion is not like those shitty games or at least it never tried to be.

I mean do I have to mention the full loot aspect? Are the devs really so blind?
      Can you please not ruin the last good game on the market?
      New World decided to change from PvP to PvE focus.
      See how many players this burning pile of trash has?
      Right... enough said... bring it in and see how people that play this game for YEARS will toss it aside. It takes a whole lot to make me go really angry with something but Im just fed up by this topic... X( X( X(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yamochan ().

• New

Let's talk about the Roads of Avalon.

The Roads have been designed as a maze. Portals you have just passed through can close, and the strange names of the zones make it hard to find your way around. This allows for exciting expeditions deep down into the Avalonian world, not knowing how or when you would get back.

When the "Journey Back" feature will be possible in the Roads, this will all change. A maze that you can teleport out of at any time is no longer a maze. The streets will degenerate into a kind of shopping mall where, once you've got everything, you can call a cheap cab to go home quickly.

Many great emotions that we experience in the Roads today (tension, curiosity and the joy of discovering a gate to Murkey Fen or Pen Uchaf after a long journey) will be lost.

Therefore, the "Journey Back" function would have to be disabled as soon as one passes an Avalonian portal. But I'm afraid this is not foreseen. :(
    • New

I see some of you only see the negative part, I will tell you what pros I see of this feature

How many players will now encourage to go deep black zone areas? So if yesterday I just wanted to go bz but I dont want to do a long way back so I will go just like 3 maps away from portal, and will be 3 maps when i return so six in total, with this feaure I will walk like 4 5 maps and then tp back, deep maps will have more activity and as devs said maybe encourage more players to go black zone earlier because they consider its safer

Second point, I usually do avalonian roads, U dont know how many loots of friends using /suicide I had to wear because there were so tired about back like six maps, or look for a path back or trash like that.... Ofc sometimes the feel of find the path back in avalonian road is great but so many times is so tired and so many times we refuse to go avalonian roads because its late and maybe is hard to fight the way back after go deep in avalonian and the perspective of 15-30 mims walking ends in /suicide.

Third point, FUCK static gankers, 20 guys camping a map getting a profit of 10 K per kill seriuosly if they think thats is fun or if someone thinks that the dissapear of these guys will kill the game dont troll please, i can understand 5/6 gankers, in a specific part of a road but control a full map, all the exits, the whole road, every corner.... thats sick, thats not fun, is not challeging at all and disgusting. If the got nerfed cos they lose profit fck them, their profit was already bad when they had to share with 15 guys a six tier build...

I know this game is special for the risk reward, but if a return button get many players in black zone from my side its welcome, ofc if doesnt have a nice impact in the game remove it,
    • New

Chispi wrote:

How many players will now encourage to go deep black zone areas? So if yesterday I just wanted to go bz but I dont want to do a long way back so I will go just like 3 maps away from portal, and will be 3 maps when i return so six in total, with this feaure I will walk like 4 5 maps and then tp back, deep maps will have more activity and as devs said maybe encourage more players to go black zone earlier because they consider its safer
      WHY DONT make more rest

Chispi wrote:

Second point, I usually do avalonian roads, U dont know how many loots of friends using /suicide I had to wear because there were so tired about back like six maps, or look for a path back or trash like that.... Ofc sometimes the feel of find the path back in avalonian road is great but so many times is so tired and so many times we refuse to go avalonian roads because its late and maybe is hard to fight the way back after go deep in avalonian and the perspective of 15-30 mims walking ends in /suicide.
      NO IDEA HOW TO FIX

Chispi wrote:

Third point, FUCK static gankers, 20 guys camping a map getting a profit of 10 K per kill seriuosly if they think thats is fun or if someone thinks that the dissapear of these guys will kill the game dont troll please, i can understand 5/6 gankers, in a specific part of a road but control a full map, all the exits, the whole road, every corner.... thats sick, thats not fun, is not challeging at all and disgusting. If the got nerfed cos they lose profit fck them, their profit was already bad when they had to share with 15 guys a six tier build...
      HATE THEM TOO
      TOO MUCH OF THEM
      MUST FIND A WAY TO STOP THEM

Chispi wrote:

I know this game is special for the risk reward, but if a return button get many players in black zone from my side its welcome, ofc if doesnt have a nice impact in the game remove it,
      IT will not remove because IT already change economic of this game
      NOT ADD THIS JOURNY BACK is BETTER

FIND another way to balance game like
      MORE GATE TO REST
      MORE REST
      MORE BLACK ZONE

Reputation System
      BLACK RED ORANGE give them more bad rule or bad condition to be real bad guy

EXAMPLE more tax in market <THEY are bad guy> :thumbsup:
    • New

While so far you need to pay the 30% break cost to teleport crafted stuff from HO. That will probally still be worth.

There is another unintended reason why it will make it easier to transport from HO to city.

Basically, there intent is to have less ganking groups near towns. And if it acomplish that. It will become more boring, due to less trafic, to wait for a transport to pass by. Making safer to bring stuff from HO....
    • New

I notice how there are now so suddenly a couple people saying how this feature will be “good”

But you don’t see how this really effects the game in the long run. A lot of the original good game features instantly turned to ruin when SBI bought the game and hence made a lot of content guild or group content such as the silver zones with the chests in the middle of them, they were some good pieces of content that made Albion Online fun.

Now also I do notice how you say

Chispi wrote:

I see some of you only see the negative part, I will tell you what pros I see of this feature

the one major thing you over looked “Buddy” is that this feature will
      A. It will ruin what all of the original players wanted, and that was a MMORPG that was different from all of the other MMORPG’s, and now SBI is just saying that he wants it to be like any other MMORPG and continues to minimize risks that brought life and challenge to Albion Online.

B. This won’t bring more players into the Black Zone, the Black Zone is intended as a END GAME content and not a content that you go ahead and start doing 5 hours into playing the game, Albion was different by allowing players to choose what they do by having the player take their own time and choose what to do.

C. This won’t stop or minimize gankers, this feature like all of the ganking nerfs make them increase their numbers by getting more from their guild. Ganks would also probably start camping exits away and still probably gank inside the zones around the BZ city’s, so this teleport feature does virtually nothing when a ganker can just camp the mid point where you are wanting to go through the black zone.

D. This feature is hella exploitable, this will most likely allow tons of players to bring resources from their hideouts to the city to sell and control the market like the bots that SBI never works to get rid of. Plus people that code bots to auto exploit or farm for them will be made to exploit this feature like heck changing how the market is on the daily basis.

E. I’m sure SBI will do nothing about changing or removing the teleport feature noticing how much hate it has been continuously getting for weeks or months. Likewise he will probably just ignore the community and continue to do his own thing which is continue making another game a baby difficulty game and make everyone quit playing Albion.
    • New

MadSkillzDLR wrote:

Boys, just an heads up. SBI once said that like only 3% or so of the playerbase uses the forums, so this is just a topic to let you know whats comming, not to ask for your opinion xD

Anyway, 100% agree this is bullshit feature.
      I’m sure there have been plenty more players than the time SBI said that, plus it’s almost to the point we probably can’t trust some things he says other than the features that he plans on adding.
      I would say if he wanted to fit in with other MMORPG’s he would at least listen to his player base, which it seems very apparent that he doesn’t. Most likely only a very few of the things suggested on the forums are even put on the shelf as options for upcoming features. Which even if SBI had used a idea from the forums he wouldn’t give any reply or crediting to the person that had come up with the suggestion.
    • New

If they really want to balance the rewards of going BZ there are several ways to improve the current game:
      • Penalize partys, fame wise and loot wise.
      • Give the players gold rewards instead of items.
      • Trash a higher percent of resources when killed.
      • Trash a higher percent of items when killed.
      • Decrease the amount of HO's in the game or remove them. Or at least make them hard to maintain.
      • Increase the Roads to Bz portals availability.
      • Give gatherers a movement speed bonus when traveling. It could be a passive, an ability, a consumable.
      • Put a "friendly" flag system for the BZ. Reward solo PvP kills against "pk" flagged users.

Of course, all of those require some thinking and development, some may not even work. But adding a button to travel back to the city just removes all immersion, and probably won't fix anything.

The post was edited 8 times, last by TioJuance ().

• New

TioJuance wrote:

If they really want to balance the rewards of going BZ there are several ways to improve the current game:
      • Penalize partys, fame wise and loot wise.
      • Give the players gold rewards instead of items.
      • Trash a higher percent of resources when killed.
      • Trash a higher percent of items when killed.
      • Decrease the amount of HO's in the game or remove them. Or at least make them hard to maintain.
      • Increase the Roads to Bz portals availability.
      • Give gatherers a movement speed bonus when traveling. It could be a passive, an ability, a consumable.
      • Put a "friendly" flag system for the BZ. Reward solo PvP kills against "pk" flagged users.

Of course, all of those require some thinking and development, some may not even work. But adding a button to travel back to the city just removes all immersion, and probably won't fix anything.
      These are all great ideas apart from killing players in black zone gives you gold but that can differ from good to bad depending on how much gold you get like 10 gold per kill or maybe a bounty type system that basically when a player kills more than 5 players, the person and all of the players in that party are then marked as bounty targets, but as a anti gank system, they will have less Damage Reduction so that they aren’t a full on gank force but still can be killed if you are smart and have the right rotations.

Sadly I’m sure no ideas from forums are read by any staff (for reasons I don’t know, but I do know if they don’t even reply to the idea then most likely they never read and put to mind them as good features). I wish the original owner of Albion never sold the game to SBI just because of his current record for making baby difficulty games, SBI has literally just bottled the player base and just is doing as he pleases with the game that originally was a game that the community was its content and the community had many choices of content that they could do.
    • New

ThreeHades wrote:

the one major thing you over looked “Buddy” is that this feature will

A. It will ruin what all of the original players wanted, and that was a MMORPG that was different from all of the other MMORPG’s, and now SBI is just saying that he wants it to be like any other MMORPG and continues to minimize risks that brought life and challenge to Albion Online.
      ok?

ThreeHades wrote:

B. This won’t bring more players into the Black Zone, the Black Zone is intended as a END GAME content and not a content that you go ahead and start doing 5 hours into playing the game, Albion was different by allowing players to choose what they do by having the player take their own time and choose what to do.
      It will bring me atleast back. The fact that any other games is less effort to pick up and put down is huge. It can take 20-30 minutes to find a way back from the inner circle. In that time I could have played a match in another game or watch an episode in whatever which is far far more exciting then running.

ThreeHades wrote:

C. This won’t stop or minimize gankers, this feature like all of the ganking nerfs make them increase their numbers by getting more from their guild. Ganks would also probably start camping exits away and still probably gank inside the zones around the BZ city’s, so this teleport feature does virtually nothing when a ganker can just camp the mid point where you are wanting to go through the black zone.
      Agree. It still will bring more people deeper into the BZ, even if those people are the camper gankers.

ThreeHades wrote:

D. This feature is hella exploitable, this will most likely allow tons of players to bring resources from their hideouts to the city to sell and control the market like the bots that SBI never works to get rid of. Plus people that code bots to auto exploit or farm for them will be made to exploit this feature like heck changing how the market is on the daily basis.
      Half if not more of the exploits are taken care of, people just can't be bothered to read a long post. No doubt there will be other way/ideas this will get exploited but to make bots to do this? Can't see it happening.

ThreeHades wrote:

E. I’m sure SBI will do nothing about changing or removing the teleport feature noticing how much hate it has been continuously getting for weeks or months. Likewise he will probably just ignore the community and continue to do his own thing which is continue making another game a baby difficulty game and make everyone quit playing Albion.
      If everyone quits because of the teleport feature then damn, that will be a tale to tell