Dev Talk: Into the Fray Introduction

• Cspar wrote:

I'm enjoying all the salt in this thread from players that want to sit on the choke points or zones next to gates, instead of getting off their flabby asses and having to work for their kills. It's crap content and a cheap way to get kills.
      People are not complaining because portal ganking is removed. The townportal feature affects a lot more than portal ganking.
    • JudgeNutmeg wrote:

Our last Dev Talk introduced some of the new features and improvements coming to Albion Online in 2022. In this video, Game Director Robin Henkys announces the arrival of many of these features in our next content update: Into the Fray.

(NOTE: This video includes subtitles for all our supported languages.)

Click here for a written summary: https://albiononline.com/news/devtalk-into-the-fray
      Looks great! I can't wait to test it out. I think it's a good thing for those towns to help players that may not have the back against these hand holding alliances a bit more at least. The casual crystal is also good a fun place to test builds or just fuck around with builds you would never get away with in the competitive one.
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online
    • Ferndor wrote:

Cspar wrote:

I'm enjoying all the salt in this thread from players that want to sit on the choke points or zones next to gates, instead of getting off their flabby asses and having to work for their kills. It's crap content and a cheap way to get kills.
      People are not complaining because portal ganking is removed. The townportal feature affects a lot more than portal ganking.
      No, people are complaining because they can't sit on the choke points of zones next to portals, lazily ganking people on their way back. It's pathetic.
    • I see a lot of people are unhappy about the recall or zoning home thing, and i understand that...i can also understand why SBI would do it.
      Let's say the average Mr/Mrs gamer comes home from a hard days work and want to game for about an hour or two, and goes out to the BZ. Maybe gathering a little, maybe a few dungeons, a few kills in corrupted dungeons and some open world PVP...after one and a half hour its time to go home. When closing in on the door, all of a sudden 10 people run at you, grailseeker in the face, one handed mace lock down, melting in demon capes...dead...now those almost 2 hours of limited free time, all for nothing. Do you really think that person will play Albion for a long time?
      If people would just stop zerg ganking and door camping, which is 0% risk and 100% reward by the way (gankers love to use risk vs reward as an argument), then maybe SBI wouldnt have to make these changes.
      At the end of the day, this is a business, and to make money they need people to play the game, and a game can never grow and become bigger if it only relies on hardcore gamers with 8 hours of free time to play every single day.
    • Cspar wrote:

Ferndor wrote:

Cspar wrote:

No, people are complaining because they can't sit on the choke points of zones next to portals, lazily ganking people on their way back. It's pathetic.
      Wrong, it affects any kind of PVP not only portal ganking. People can just loot and port home savely.
    • This teleport gonna take ppl out from YZ and move to BZ because they gonna feel that is more safe but More ppl/ More fights/ / More ganks ( They are just killing the camping on portal maps)

And yea in BZ you gonna see a lot of AFK ppl living on HOs protecting their map...

This Teleport is good for the game dont get me wrong, right now the albion population is BZ 20% and 80% in safe Zones....

This ppl that are criying is because they just wanna keep their shit on peace afk alliances guilds doing stupids CTA and discconect... FREE STUFF from 0 Risk they have regear system from free silver and stuff they got from terrys, castles and all free stuff AFKS in BZ... THEY JUST NEED SLAVES that act like dogs.

@Korn Please men have in mind that if you reduce the Guilds power and dependence this game will be a better place for everyone...

The post was edited 4 times, last by MrDaS ().

• My concern is we heard the same story before "these changes will bring tons of players into the blackzone so ganking will actually be better" -- instead what happened was players were more active in blackzone for 1 or 2 weeks then normal population returned(i.e. blackzone kinda dead, especially on NA) but ganking was also severely nerfed (poisons trash, weapons nerfed, mounts buffed, ava portals, etc).

I would welcome this change if it meant ganking got some of its strength back -- fix poisons and add a channel to ava portals etc.... this way gank groups wouldnt necessarily need to roll in 10+ parties and there would be decent risk/reward in the blackzone again.
    • Ferndor wrote:

Cspar wrote:

Ferndor wrote:

Cspar wrote:

Wrong, it affects any kind of PVP not only portal ganking. People can just loot and port home savely.

Imagine having to put in the effort to catch people while they are farming the black zones instead of just waiting for them at a zone next to a gate...
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,
      this is not how the teleport would work. The way we intend to implement this is drastically different from other games and comes with a large set of rules and restrictions.

Our goal is to stop zone camping and not to somehow nerf ganking in general. In fact, we hope to make the Outlands significantly more active and create a lot more PvP encounters then right now - however, these should be more organic and fair than what we currently have with static zone camps.
      Available to use it in ava road is needed but put same restrictions, hide inside a avaroad near the door is too secure and no one can check every ava road to gank,or near a avaroad door they can just go inside if they are in trouble, samethinh good restrictions like x minut inside a ava road , x meter away from the door.

And the only secret but not that secret of albion was the shark fish @Equart would be a interesting point add more thing like that, people will explore more the open world, when I remember i start play albion i love to find those secret chest in the map, in those days it has a profit not like today that’s forbidden by everyone.

The post was edited 1 time, last by YeSer ().

• Korn wrote:

hyllyh wrote:

this "recall button" will be a BZ killer.
      so with this, i can farm all my soul, put it in a HO then OX it all and wait 10 sec to secure my goods in a city?

if i feel cornered at a moment in ZvZ, just found a spot and 10 sec later, safe?

Dove in a dungeon? just tp out then 10 sec and safe again?

the way back full of goods is one of the more exciting part of gathering/farming cause it let a chance to lose all and how many enjoyed to pass throught gankers to finally access the market?

as it proposed, it's a big mistake (and i understand they will polish the game for casual but no No NO!)
      Hey there,
      this is not how the teleport would work. The way we intend to implement this is drastically different from other games and comes with a large set of rules and restrictions.

Our goal is to stop zone camping and not to somehow nerf ganking in general. In fact, we hope to make the Outlands significantly more active and create a lot more PvP encounters then right now - however, these should be more organic and fair than what we currently have with static zone camps.
      @Korn
      Tie the teleport to a craftable consumable item like stone + artifact + energy

Example is T6 slate block + unique artifact earned via drops excusive to static dungeons/ roads of avalon + siphoned / ava energy

this way will fix the issue with stone blocks and also limit the recall to those who are willing to invest into it
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • Korn wrote:

hyllyh wrote:

so with this, i can farm all my soul, put it in a HO then OX it all and wait 10 sec to secure my goods in a city?

if i feel cornered at a moment in ZvZ, just found a spot and 10 sec later, safe?

the way back full of goods is one of the more exciting part of gathering/farming cause it let a chance to lose all and how many enjoyed to pass throught gankers to finally access the market?

as it proposed, it's a big mistake (and i understand they will polish the game for casual but no No NO!)
      Hey there,

Remember when you made the 2 minute SD disappear , and you said it would mean more ganking or roaming on open world? How you try to spin that one man will have it fair now because of this change boggles my mind, the noobs will still get ganked you just gave them more 50% chance to survive on the way back.

Did you think to realize that gankers will use this also? They will keep ganking and then just A out?Ava players will also A out, solo expert collectors will just A out not to mention the market crash this will bring when x amount of players (not newbies) start to flood the market with resources because you just eliminated 50% of the danger of the return trip?

What will actually happen , gankers will come with bigger party's to control map , the average newbie wont even have a chance.They will change their tactics and actually adapt , and you created a function that has more ways to be "exploited" by the vets and will take more time to just this feature than it is actually worth it.

But the main thing is , who actually tough this was going to be good to albion ecosystem?And after all the feedback you got on the thread about this feature you went ahead and did it anyway , like ipsis verbis the same feature you posted , with some caveats but still the same feature.

Gankers and pvpers are most of the times at disadvantage they never have full intel , we are also ganked and killed , why is the gankers fault you changed SD,gave mounts more HP, nerfed most ganking builds,nerfed poison . Gankers are already at a disadvantaged against a semi competent party , gankers are a diferent kind of PVP you migth not like it but it good for the economy and good for the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pesadelo ().

• This teleport is an ability with a significant cast time and a significant cooldown, and it is subject to certain restrictions, as follows:
        • If you pick up items from a storage chest, bank, market place or receive items from another player outside of a city or hideout, the ability to teleport is lost until you enter a city or hideout(hence, you cannot use it for transportation)
          • The ability is not lost if you pick up loot from a loot chest or from killed players. The 30% gear trash rate on death makes sure that it’s not really worth using this as an exploit for fast transport.
        • The teleport will be temporarily disabled there are too many other players close to you. This means that it won’t work if you are in a zerg or a large group. This makes sure that the teleport cannot be used as a tactical tool in zerg vs zerg fights.
        • The teleport can only be used out of combat, in the open world or Roads of Avalon. This means you cannot use it while inside a dungeon.
      We think these restrictions would allow us to have the convenience of a town portal feature while making sure that the risks associated with transport and travelling in general remain in place.

@pesadelo
      here are the limitations set if you have forgotten. so gankers cannot use it
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • Aedelwolf79 wrote:

I see a lot of people are unhappy about the recall or zoning home thing, and i understand that...i can also understand why SBI would do it.
      Let's say the average Mr/Mrs gamer comes home from a hard days work and want to game for about an hour or two, and goes out to the BZ. Maybe gathering a little, maybe a few dungeons, a few kills in corrupted dungeons and some open world PVP...after one and a half hour its time to go home. When closing in on the door, all of a sudden 10 people run at you, grailseeker in the face, one handed mace lock down, melting in demon capes...dead...now those almost 2 hours of limited free time, all for nothing. Do you really think that person will play Albion for a long time?
      If people would just stop zerg ganking and door camping, which is 0% risk and 100% reward by the way (gankers love to use risk vs reward as an argument), then maybe SBI wouldnt have to make these changes.
      At the end of the day, this is a business, and to make money they need people to play the game, and a game can never grow and become bigger if it only relies on hardcore gamers with 8 hours of free time to play every single day.
      thats so right. and I dont think it will kill bz ganking and will make it for tricky. I am tired of the gankers stayin in one place and wait for fish
      quit the game because of lack of content for solo players///11.07.2022
    • I want to add my concerns to the others here about the mount teleport.

This is a full-loot game. Stop giving players tools to avoid full-loot situations.

Figuring out how you are going to get back to the safe zone, as well as how much loot you can safely carry and when it is time to return, are important calculations players have to make. If you can just farm for a while, gather loot, and magically teleport home... that is just dumb and totally antithetical to the core of the game. That's not a quality of life feature, it's a total redesign of PvP.

Please reconsider.
    • GluttonySDS wrote:

but ganking was also severely nerfed (poisons trash, weapons nerfed, mounts buffed, ava portals, etc).
      Your problem is not this NERF, you problem is the massive HO Guilds alliance peaccefull ,that live in this black zones where only them have beneffits from what you can do in this areas, Vortex- Cores- Terrys- Castles- Statics are only GUILD content this will kill solo and small groups of players.

The new conquer challenge is only viable if you are in guild on BZ, the most of points become from this big objectives, cuz killing mob by mob sooling takes a lot time/effort.

So the problem is not the "poison" "Mounts" :weps", your problems in BLACK ZONE are this big MAP is not attractive for randoms- solo- small groups- normal guilds- casual players -new players = 80% of albion population.

You can even have more fun in RZ or YZ doing faction or rat- police activity.

Becoming a Guild Slave is fun? Becoming a guild slave have benefits? Just for play in BZ t8 and farm you have to become a Slave?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrDaS ().

• Korn wrote:

hyllyh wrote:

“Hey there,

Our goal is to stop zone camping and not to somehow nerf ganking in general. In fact, we hope to make the Outlands significantly more active and create a lot more PvP encounters then right now - however, these should be more organic and fair than what we currently have with static”

Most “gankers” brought this to themselves. If they would gank for a reason, like in EVE online, stuff like the teleport would probably not be an issue. In EVE there is usually a reason if you get attacked, ofc not always, but the majority of the time..yes.

The AO community seems to have so many players with a Napoleon complex that just grief others in BZ.
      The reality is at the end of the day it’s the money that will rule all, so the more that minority griefs the majority that bring the money to SBI you will see more of changes like this.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zasja ().

• I have a better idea than the instant return feature that seems like it has everyone in a anger mode (all of the gankers and arch crew that only want battles.)

How about a camping system, no this is not like the campfire idea where you set down a campfire and then you can return to the city, this idea is legit a campsite where only you as the owner of zed camp can enter. The campsite would come with multiple features such as a chest half the size of the normal chest in every city bank chest. And this campsite can only be built in the black zone. Although you can buy more chests to increase the storage space of the chest just like the bank chests in city’s or you can place down chests like you would do in a house on your own island or in a house plot in a BZ rest. The campsite would also have 1 or 2 plots to set down something like a Forge or a Furnace to refine ore into bars (the amount of plots can be decided by devs). But campsites cannot be a friend’s area aswell, meaning you can’t invite a friend to use it aswell (prevents bot farming), the campsite would exclusively only be available to you as is everything inside it.

Although you would need to keep up with the upkeep of the campsite. What this mean is that you have to put resources in a certain box that acts as the source of the campsite. The things you can put in the upkeep box can be any resource, and it can only be resources and not loot. With the resources it would increase how long the campsite lasts, adding more resources adds onto that timer, and refined resources last longer than things like raw ore, hide, cloth, wood, and stone. And to protect the campsite from invaders (people destroying the campsite like they would a hideout), you can use energy to protect it, and just in case your enemy just brings like the whole guild the energy cannot be destroyed until it runs out. And you can put 5 days of max protection on the campsite, and different energy rarity adds different amount of protection time from lowest rarity giving less time and highest rarity giving the most time. This amount of protection is not really to OP since most likely if it wasn’t like that then a whole guild could just easily send 10 people over to destroy it, and since your just a solo player you can take on 10 people unless you just got a good jump on them with a Gucci set of a kingmaker which is doubtful since your just a solo player and most likely don’t have all that much silver sources.

Also there will be a home spawning system like in a HO or a Rest. But you cannot set up a campsite unless you are guildless. This prevents massive amounts of gatherers just hoarding up for one guild. Also a campsite, just like a HO, require a ton of resources to craft the item to set down just the the hideout item.

To raid a campsite you need to both prevent the owner of the campsite from feeding it energy and wait until it’s current energy runs dry, and then you raid it. Obviously this would take time since you have to wait days until it’s out of energy but it allows for a new type of scout, a research scout this process would take days and basically no life like many players that already do this or just make a new placement item that acts as a mobile radar that seems pretty hidden and would look like a random rock, and if the player finds it by clicking rocks around his/her campsite then you gotta set up another in a random spot. This radar would show you who was there at what time of hour (real life hours) as text and not a recording of where the radar was. And looking at the information you can see what his/her downtime is for when he/she is asleep, and that’s when you can sleep once you confirm that is their downtime. And when they are up you defend the raid and do this process over several days. And yes you can ask a friend or hire someone to help defend your campsite. And obviously as the owner of the campsite you can just wait for their downtime and that’s when you can re-energize the campsite and hope that the invaders just give up.

You can give me your thoughts on this idea. Honest it seems much better than the instant travel to a safe zone, and I’m sure most would agree and some would think it could be a little OP.

Also going to copy this onto a draft for the discussions board to get more spread on the idea.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThreeHades ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

• This teleport is an ability with a significant cast time and a significant cooldown, and it is subject to certain restrictions, as follows:
        • If you pick up items from a storage chest, bank, market place or receive items from another player outside of a city or hideout, the ability to teleport is lost until you enter a city or hideout(hence, you cannot use it for transportation)
          • The ability is not lost if you pick up loot from a loot chest or from killed players. The 30% gear trash rate on death makes sure that it’s not really worth using this as an exploit for fast transport.
        • The teleport will be temporarily disabled there are too many other players close to you. This means that it won’t work if you are in a zerg or a large group. This makes sure that the teleport cannot be used as a tactical tool in zerg vs zerg fights.
        • The teleport can only be used out of combat, in the open world or Roads of Avalon. This means you cannot use it while inside a dungeon.
      We think these restrictions would allow us to have the convenience of a town portal feature while making sure that the risks associated with transport and travelling in general remain in place.

@pesadelo
      here are the limitations set if you have forgotten. so gankers cannot use it
      You do know people can designate a looter right?